Pokemon

Destiny Hero

Three things about Pokemon:

1. I have a four-man Sunny Day team. Invincible lead with Cherrim and Arcanine, then Eexeggutor for backup. Cherry, Puppy and Eggy were with Heat Pan, who was filler. I need a good Pokemon to replace with Heatran. It has to be:

Hopefully, has STAB Fire or Grass

Can learn Solarbeam

Can learn some supporting moves (or things like D-Bond, etc...)

Can probably use both physical and special

The thing is, this team's opening has ultimate synergy:

Puppy's Intimidate and Cherry's Flower Gift make both Special AND Physical attacks worthless against them. Also, Flower Gift boosts Puppy's attack, which is already max, and with Adamant. Cherry is Timid with exactly one more speed than Puppy, so they ALWAYS attack consecutively. Puppy also has a lot of HP EVs, and with his Sitrus Berry, dishes out OHKOs with his STAB, double-boosted Flare Blitz and improved resistance against its backlash, and only atack moves, to cover every type but Dragon. Even Extremespeed, which is GREAT with Cherry's Helping Hand.

So, I want a physical attacker with Fire attacks, to work good with Cherry, and maybe even something like Follow Me. I also want it to be able to kill really fast. NOT Infernape, because Inferape is the gayest Pokemon in the universe.

(bla)

How can I replace the battery in Gold/Silver without losing the save data?

Edited by Destiny Hero

How can I replace the battery in Gold/Silver without losing the save data?

You don't, really, I would think. Lest you can find some homebrew that'll copy the save from the cart onto whatever you're using as the flashcart, or if you're using a dumper, there's likely a way.

The save is on the battery you're replacing. The likelihood of any homebrew for a GameBoy Color flashcart to do what you want is slim. Go have a look-see around Google.

Only thing that comes to mind is Charizard.

Even that has very few support moves.

Blaziken is kinda slow, not really fitted for your role, since you want it to kill.

Charizard is who I'd choose.

For your ice pokémon, how about snorunt or snover?

Only thing that comes to mind is Charizard.

Even that has very few support moves.

Blaziken is kinda slow, not really fitted for your role, since you want it to kill.

Charizard is who I'd choose.

For your ice pokémon, how about snorunt or snover?

-Snorunt evolves at level 42, and into a giant floating head. Absolutely not. Snover also evolves at a very late level, and because of horribly slow autoscrolling and loading, Hail will add hours onto the already-long battles, not to mention Hail SUCKS. I decided all Ice Pokemon suck and went with Lucario.

I don't want Charizard because he's too slow and weak, and Blaziken's just too slow. I also want my 4th Pokemon to have an ability that works with Sunny Day.

Jumpluff is a good sunny day supporter, although weak.

Tangrowth is a heavy, slow hitter which MIGHT benefit from SD depending on how you raise it.

Jumpluff shatters in half after one attack, and Tangrowth, I guess is good, but only has one STAB and not really enough different tyes, but I'll look into it. But I don't want to use Tangrowth because it's generic. I want to keep OU and generic pokemon off my team.

So let me get this, if they look ugly they are bad, if they are not UU you will not use them, but they have to good and UU, so then they would most likely but used a lot, thus making them OU, so you want the best looking, bad but perfect, pokemon, that gets helped from the sun, has perfect types, and a great move set?

Also ask Captainfaimarre if my shifty is useless.

Edited by Siegfried

I think you're really too picky here. You can't have all the things you want on a single Pokémon, other than the ones already proposed to you.

The only one Pokémon I can think of, aside from those already proposed, who is UU, good looking, has an Ability working with Sunny Day, has STAB Grass and Support moves (Wish, Curse, Yawn, Fake Tears), and has good Speed, is Leafeon. Other than that... :/

Edited by AceNoctali

I think you're really too picky here. You can't have all the things you want on a single Pokémon, other than the ones already proposed to you.

The only one Pokémon I can think of, among those proposed, who is UU, good looking, has an Ability working with Sunny Day, has STAB Grass and Support moves (Wish, Curse, Yawn, Fake Tears), and has good Speed, is Leafeon. Other than that... :/

I was going to include that in mine but he is going to say it is too common.

So let me get this, if they look ugly they are bad, if they are not UU you will not use them, but they have to good and UU, so then they would most likely but used a lot, thus making them OU, so you want the best looking, bad but perfect, pokemon, that gets helped from the sun, has perfect types, and a great move set?

Also ask Captainfaimarre if my shifty is useless.

No, if they look ugly, I don't like them. If I don't like them, I won't have fun using them. If I won't have fun using them, I'm not having fun. If I'm not having fun, why am I playing the game?

I'm fine with OU, just not generic things, but I will consider Tangrowth. However, I would have to give it a good nickname, which I can't. If Tangrowth can't fit in with Cherry, Puppy and Eggy, I can't use him or he ruins the team.

The only one Pokémon I can think of, aside from those already proposed, who is UU, good looking, has an Ability working with Sunny Day, has STAB Grass and Support moves (Wish, Curse, Yawn, Fake Tears), and has good Speed, is Leafeon. Other than that... :/

/facepalm

How'd I forget about Salad Head!? I already have one, but it's SD Baton Passing. Maybe I'll revisit Salad Head.

Cherrim's defensive stats are worse than Jumpluff's. I don't know what's stopping you from doing your own research.

Cherrim has Flower Gift, which boosts Puppy's Attack and both Pokemon's Special Defense. Much more useful than what Jumpluff can do.

Not to mention Cherrim also has less weaknesses, and can actually attack. Jumpluff has a mediocre 55 SA, and not being able to dish out ANY defies what the entire team is supposed to do in the first place. Set up on the first turn and take out one pokemon. Next turn, kill 1 or 2. Last turn, gang up on the last Pokemon. Jumpluff would throw a wrench in the entire strategy.

Cherrim has Flower Gift, which boosts Puppy's Attack and both Pokemon's Special Defense. Much more useful than what Jumpluff can do.

Jumpluff gets fast sun and powder. Cherrim has to sit there, hoping it doesn't die ever.

Not to mention Cherrim also has less weaknesses, and can actually attack. Jumpluff has a mediocre 55 SA, and not being able to dish out ANY defies what the entire team is supposed to do in the first place. Set up on the first turn and take out one pokemon. Next turn, kill 1 or 2. Last turn, gang up on the last Pokemon. Jumpluff would throw a wrench in the entire strategy.

Sleep Powder... lol... 87 base SA for Cherrim is decidedly average; it won't kill anything by itself. Sleep Powder, on the other hand, gives you an immediate advantage. Jumpluff has Earthquake immunity as well, for whatever that's worth.

The save is on the battery you're replacing.

Is that how it worked? I always thought of the battery of being a capacitor powering a piece of RAM. Hence removing it kills the power thus wiping the RAM.

Leafeon is good, so if you are hay using it, use it, also you never said if you have wi-fi or not.....

My only problem with Leafeon is that all she does is recover her status, which doesn't happen much in 2vs2. And yes, I have Wi-Fi.

Jumpluff gets fast sun and powder. Cherrim has to sit there, hoping it doesn't die ever.

Sleep Powder... lol... 87 base SA for Cherrim is decidedly average; it won't kill anything by itself. Sleep Powder, on the other hand, gives you an immediate advantage. Jumpluff has Earthquake immunity as well, for whatever that's worth.

Jumpluff CAN'T ATTACK. Cherrim HAS FLOWER GIFT. Cherrim can dish out Solarbeams, which help a lot. Sleep Powder has bad accuracy, and it's risky to use it. Who wants to risk losing a battle on luck? Not me. Besides, would I rather put a Pokemon to sleep, or would I rather kill it?

And does Jumpluff boost stats? No. Using Jumpluff would wreck the synergy in my team, also leaving Puppy wide open to be killed by things like Surf, Earth Power, etc., and there's no reason why I'd want to give myself a weak spot.

Jumpluff is inferior to Cherrim, if only in my team. Jumpluff is shit, end of discussion. I'm using Tangrowth.

Next question, what should I name Tangrowth? If it doesn't have a cool nickname, I can't use it.

My only problem with Leafeon is that all she does is recover her status, which doesn't happen much in 2vs2. And yes, I have Wi-Fi.

Jumpluff CAN'T ATTACK. Cherrim HAS FLOWER GIFT. Cherrim can dish out Solarbeams, which help a lot. Sleep Powder has bad accuracy, and it's risky to use it. Who wants to risk losing a battle on luck? Not me. Besides, would I rather put a Pokemon to sleep, or would I rather kill it?

And does Jumpluff boost stats? No. Using Jumpluff would wreck the synergy in my team, also leaving Puppy wide open to be killed by things like Surf, Earth Power, etc., and there's no reason why I'd want to give myself a weak spot.

Jumpluff is inferior to Cherrim, if only in my team. Jumpluff is shit, end of discussion. I'm using Tangrowth.

Next question, what should I name Tangrowth? If it doesn't have a cool nickname, I can't use it.

What about Tany?

75% accuracy is bad for a move that instantly renders one of your opponent's 4 Pokemon useless? This is certainly not as risky as your intended strategy, which requires that neither Arcanine nor Cherrim die on the first turn before they can do anything (for the record, fast Pokemon dominate 2v2 and neither of them are very fast). If both opposing Pokemon are faster, that's 2 rounds of attacks that either Pokemon has to face in order for the strategy to even kick off; relying on Intimidate to survive for that long (especially with Cherrim's mediocre defenses) is a huge risk.

Cherrim won't dish out a Solarbeam before turn 2. Jumpluff throws out Sleep Powder on turn 1. From there you can try Reflect, Stun Spore, Encore, Memento, etc. (I don't have much experience with 2v2 but I think at least Encore and Memento will force switches and Reflect and Stun Spore can provide support).

Jumpluff doesn't have to boost stats to instantly render an opponent Pokemon useless. A sleeping Pokemon is basically a fainted Pokemon, especially with offense being prevalent in 2v2. In addition, sun already halves the power of Surf (whose power is already reduced by its 2v2 range) and no one uses Earth Power.

I'm not using Jumpluff. Jumpluff would ruin the entire team's synergy and leave a multitude of weak spots in my strategy, as well as force me to rely on luck to win. Any more posts about Jumpluff and I'll report them as trolling.

What about Tany?

You mean Tangy? No, because I hate it and it doesn't describe Tangrowth.

Puppy: Arcanine's a dog.

Cherry: Cherrim is a cherry.

Eggy: Exeggutor is an egg.

But Tangrowth.... Tangrowth is just a jumble of vines and crap! Viney... Weedy.... Seaweed... Nothing works!

I'm not using Jumpluff. Jumpluff would ruin the entire team's synergy and leave a multitude of weak spots in my strategy, as well as force me to rely on luck to win.

Your "synergy" relies on Cherrim never fainting. What happens when Cherrim faints? In come 2 Pokemon, completely reliant on sun (you never mentioned who uses Sunny Day) and in desperate want of Flower Gift, except it's not there anymore. Try looking for a Pokemon that doesn't need to rely on Cherrim and would complement Arcanine and Exeggutor.

You're right, Jumpluff wouldn't fit your team well, because his utility immediately diminishes if he's not in a lead slot. Maybe you can experiment with a Jumpluff and Cherrim lead instead?

Any more posts about Jumpluff and I'll report them as trolling.

The boy cries wolf.