Geoffry's Charge

I cannot, for the life of me, get through this chapter. I've been working on it for over a week, but Geff always dies. They always attack him instead of Kieran and kill him. I've given up on the Speedwing, but if anyone has any tips for getting it, by all means, share. I would really just like to get through this chapter and on with the game.

Also, if you didn't bother to read the title description, this is Geff's Charge on Hard Mode.

I cannot, for the life of me, get through this chapter. I've been working on it for over a week, but Geff always dies. They always attack him instead of Kieran and kill him. I've given up on the Speedwing, but if anyone has any tips for getting it, by all means, share. I would really just like to get through this chapter and on with the game.

Also, if you didn't bother to read the title description, this is Geff's Charge on Hard Mode.

Risk partners units, make them go in the center of the stage where most stones ballistae can reach, send The 3 horses to go with geoffrey, add danved if you want. Mean while Astrid and marcia hold the incoming forces.

I did this recently although i didn't risk my partner units that much. most survived including one mage.

That strategy always works for me

.. Have Astrid and Marcia attack? I just failed taking everyone but Astrid, and Danved died. There is no way I'm taking Astrid; she couldn't survive, let alone fight, on EASY. Marcia's debateable but she can't kill anything either. You sure you wer playing Hard?

Risking the parnters does sound like it could work, but I'm scared my people will be surrounded by enemies and be unable to move. But it's worth a shot.

Only deploy Jeff and Keiran. Give Keiran and Jeffs some good weapons+concotions/vulneraries. Just charge forward, hold a defensive positon for a bit and heal when you get to 1/3 health.

There's a HorseSlayer at the shop, btw. It helps a lot.

Are you going for BEXP (getting minimal kills) or not? If not, I don't really think I can give you much help because I went the pacifist approach, and (no offense) I'm not sure how I'd have trouble killing everything on the chapter (so I'm not sure what advice to give to fix such problems).

If you are going for no BEXP:

-If Danved is sitting in a thicket unequipped he should have no issues surviving unless he's near some of the dangerous units at the top of the screen, and even then he should be fine if you box him in a corner (there's a thicket with a fence blocking the top tile - only 1 melee slot and 2 or 3 ranged slots can hit it at a time). In the center of the map horizontally, between the 2nd and third parts of the map (vertically), you can have makalov and devdan stand on one-slot tiles to block units from moving between the two areas. Most units on this map IIRC have like 100-120 hit rate and he has a base ~85 avoid which is something like 95 or 100 on good terrain. Makalov is only slightly worse off.

-Units will generally attack Geoff over kieran depending on equipment. If, for instance, geoff has a ranged weapon and kieran has a melee weapon, the enemies w/ 2 range weapons should prioritize kieran, and if geoff is equipped w/ a melee weapon and kieran has nothing the melee enemies should prioritize kieran.

-Are you having issues with the horseslayer-pally? You can give marcia her own horseslayer and use it, but you have to manuever the bow pally away from her and make sure she can fly somewhere where only a few enemy units can hit her (too many means she kills and clears room for more enemies, possibly killing her and definitely lowering your BEXP.

-Have the NPCs either head for the door or follow geoffrey. OR you can target spots where enemy units will block you if they move there (there's a choke point in the middle where one enemy unit will be standing). The reason why you want to prevent enemy units from holding a choke point is that you will have to equip weapons to take them out, which means more damage on enemy turn (enemies suicide against you and you fight more bouts than you would unequipped.

-Be especially careful about the longbow archers at the top of the stage. Don't forget to factor their damage in when checking if your character can survive any given round.

-Make sure everyone has a vulnerary. I say give Kieran, Geoffrey and Marcia concoctions. If you have any herbs they are prolly best on Danved and Makalov.

I was personally fighting in the top third of the map for 3 or 4 turns, clearing out enemies to make sure that kieran and geoffrey could survive after knocking down the door, before I actually managed to clear through.

Edited by SeverIan

I just ordered the allied troops to pull back and then to remain at the back so my characters could do the XP. Then I let the long ranged weapons kill their ammo shooting at tough characters before moving in with everyone. Marcia did wonders with a horseslayer (which helped raising her to the 1st or 2nd place in the final ranking) When I killed the boss, there was no one left standing on this map ;) I got him with an arrow from Astrid followed by a Brave lance attack with Geoffrey. Easy. (this was in hard mode too)

Good luck anyway !

.. Have Astrid and Marcia attack? I just failed taking everyone but Astrid, and Danved died. There is no way I'm taking Astrid; she couldn't survive, let alone fight, on EASY. Marcia's debateable but she can't kill anything either. You sure you wer playing Hard?

Risking the parnters does sound like it could work, but I'm scared my people will be surrounded by enemies and be unable to move. But it's worth a shot.

Astrid has bows and canto. Why is she being attacked again?

Buy the killer weopns and i'm pretty sure marcia had a horseslayer, killing lots of the horses while astrid killed the remaining Since astrid was on the grass most couldn't really get to her.most attacked marcia. And yes i'm pretty sure i am on hard mode ( how do i know crap bexp for the ones left living)

Edit: This was done after taking over half of the map.

Edited by Slayer

Thanks guys. I finally got it this morning.. And I'd probably be well into Part 3 by now if an enemy archer hadn't criticalled Callil with about a 5% chance of doing so in 2-E. =(

Rush Elincia and Haar over <3!

Hmm... I've never played Hard mode before... but I would usually think Marcia's pretty good (but that's probably cause I never went to hard before XD)

I just got this game on Christmas and my dad only lets me play on Fridays and Saturdays for just one hour.

My dad hates our obsession with video games =/

like your username btw XD

Hmm... I've never played Hard mode before... but I would usually think Marcia's pretty good (but that's probably cause I never went to hard before XD)

I just got this game on Christmas and my dad only lets me play on Fridays and Saturdays for just one hour.

My dad hates our obsession with video games =/

like your username btw XD

Marcia is pretty useful in all the difficulties for this chapter

Lol my dad also hates our obsession with video games too though we can play friday thru sunday night the hours we want to.

Haar was already down defending the Knights and Elincia was too far away. =( Plus, I didn't think it would even hit her.

The knights can fend for themselves and Elincia plus leanne= 18 max movement for Elincia

Edited by Slayer

Ouch, that hurts. Guess you can't wait to be grown up so you can play the whole night through whenever you feel like it ;) (it was half three in the morning when I killed Ashnard for my second PoR playthrough a few days ago :P )

And Marcia is an excellent unit, in both PoR and RD. Easily the best Pagasus/Seraph knight (apart from Elincia). I'll have to make a playthrough where I take her to endgame some day.