The meaning to your username(s)

The Agent of Chaos

Thought I'd try this topic out here.

My current username is obviously based on one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. My other ones:

• BLS: just an initialized version of my current name
  • Roserade: It's my favorite Pokemon of all time
  • Lightsworn Angel: Shortened version of "Celestia, Lightsworn Angel," which is another one of my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh monsters. I have three of these in my current deck.

Any meaning to your names, or are they just random?

Edit: inb4 a tl;dr post from Bianchi

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lyle Dayek: The name of an original character of mine.

Damon Feath Settrock: See above.

Mifune: The name of an AWESOME samurai in Soul Eater.

Do I have any other names worth mentioning?

Adam: My real name

Metal Rabbit: He's a loony, irrational metal bunneary.

Arc: Short for archer, inspired by the serenes forest sitcom. Arc is the opposite of Metal Rabbit.

Metal Arc: What you get when you combine both worlds.

Nightmare: Just liked it. It's been with me since my early days on the internet.

Rugal: Badass KoF boss.

Magnús Örn Sigurðsson: A name I found somewhere and thought it sounded badass. Later on turned into a character of mine.

Ulyaoth: An all-wise, deity-like being from Eternal Darkness.

Sweet Nightmare: Reference to the God Hand song,

Rhaan: original name thought up a while back to mimic the sound of another name

Lyude: my favorite Baten Kaitos character

Shantotto: most evil and kickass tarutaru npc from Final Fantasy XI

Cloche Leythal Pastalia: awesome reyvateil from the second Ar Tonelico game

Lady Manah: awesome lady from the awesome Drakengard games XD

Edited by Lady Manah

Kiryn: Name of my character, taken from the Japanese "kirin" (unicorn). Yeah, there's been a split: I've separated from Kiryn, she's just a character now, not really a roleplay or an extension of me.

Nyrik: Kiryn's alternate/opposite personality, spawned from some strange conversation that involved Lyle and Damon. Nyrik turned into an internet being, but attempts to get Serenes members to help raise her sorta got her lost. I dunno where she is now.

_____: Switched to this on the chat one day. Nightmare's reaction gave me the idea to develop it into my persona. Five underscores, same number as the letters in Kiryn (and my real first name, too.) Speaking of which, I've gotta make me an avatar and a sig again one of these days.

Hikarusa - It was like "Do you know what? I want a name that is original for my character in this game." when I played Shining Force

Dragonblader1 - Damn this username to hell. It sucks. Moving on

God - 8]

ChangedByVASM - ;_; Dammit Vincent

Zl Sgii Nofdl - This name is UNIQUE and ORIGINAL! Unlike video games nowadays

BACON - I love bacon

ur fais - I just wanted another stupid name

`~`Wist`~`Loves`~`Eroge`~` - Made to annoy Wist and make (ignorant) people think I'm Wist 8]

Retarded Faggot - It was all like "Whoooooo dawg, I'm just kinda gonna change my name to this because it was the first thing I thought of"

Ragnell is the name of Ike's sword in PoR and RD (as you all probably know) I've used it for just about everything, from email addresses to passwords (not here) to usernames. Sometimes I add a 37 after it because 3 and 7 are my favorite #'s.

Urvan is the axe wielded by Greil and later Ike's army (again, most of you probably know that)

Gosh how many times have I done this? It sometimes requires such a long explaination (please tell if I misspelled that XD...

I read the Inheritance... cycle?... series?... idk... it's the books with Eragon, Eldest, and Brisingr, to those who know of it.

I tried studying the Ancient Language the author created from it (not much, just a bit, like memorizing words XD). I wanted to create a special name from the language, and it was to partially show that I am a fan of the books.

I created a name that meant Shadow Mists...

but it turned out wrong, sadly. I messed up in translation.

It really meant Sighing Shadow. It sounds coolio

End of story. I'm shortening up the story cause I have to go.

*Post about her name*

You should probably save that on notepad for threads/questions like this >_>

Anyway... mine:

ThunderMan: Random username that came to mind. Can't recall if I got it from the net navi in MMBN2 but I think I got it before he came along.

Boo: Name change, randomness. Didn't care.

Levin: Mostly This and FE4 Thread.

Edited by Levin

NoNameAtAll: It's a name I typically use on websites. GFAQs among them.

Sedgar the Great: Character from FE1, 3 and Shadow Dragon. Mostly applied to Shadow Dragon though, because Sedgar is h4x there.

Shiva: Named after the kickass Myrmidon -> Swordmaster from Thracia 776.

Aless the Black Knight: Would have been Aless, but someone stole the name. :X Character from FE4. Son of Eltoshen. Also the second Black Knight in the series (The first was Camus).

Erk23- Originated on Runescape two years ago, have been using it online ever since.

Indeed- Something I started saying all the time in general, so I brought it here.

Musashi comes from Miyamoto Musashi, one of the most well-known samurai of all time. It's also the name of various video game and anime/manga characters. I've been using for about a decade now, and I've finally begun to grow tired of it. Ronan is the name of my favorite Fire Emblem archer. Gustave is the name of the central character of Saga Frontier II and my favorite video game character. My AOL screen name is Foxfire227, which is just my last name with fire and 227 slapped on for good measure.

Yeah... I'm not very original when it comes to creating usernames for myself.

All of my usernames come from FE4. Well...all, except for one, Fia which is my first Internet name. >_>

TheEnd - a silly pun with Fin (FE4 character/"end" in some latin-based languages). I also sometimes use other Fin-based handles like lensterknight.

For the others in my name history... FE4 thread. I don't use them anywhere else.

Manna...

It's my name. Well, my nickname in real life.

Yeah, I'm boring. My other nicknames online are slightly more interesting, but only barely.

Kitten Kisses- I've used this since 2001 or so, and took the name on Fanfiction.net in 2002. This is the only screen name I haven't changed over the years, despite many thoughts of doing so. Everyone knew me by it, called me KK, and I just felt that I shouldn't change it. (I got a lot of compliments on it, too.)

Wonderful_Words- It's from the hymn, Wonderful Words of Life. This is my Livejournal.

IntotheDream- It's the name of a quest in World of Warcraft. Points if you know offhand where and who gives the quest. :] I use this on DeviantART, even though I can't draw and hardly go there anymore.

Candlelight- I used this when I was in the My Little Pony community. I was a big collector for several years.

I'm probably forgetting one...maybe two. I dunno.

Florina- My fave FE character

Eccentrica Gallumbits- a sometimes mentioned character in the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams..was always known as "The Triple Breasted Whore of Eroticon Six" that wrote for the Guide...

Pete Steele- one of my all time favorite musicians and generally scary mofo <3!

It's an 80's German music reference.

An awesome one btw.

All of my usernames were from characters from FE4-5, but I plan on changing to Jotaro, the main character in JoJo's Bizarre Adventures part 3.