The meaning to your username(s)

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Redfoxoffire - My favorite color, my favorite animal, and "of fire" for effect.

The Fourth Fox - A play on my RS username (Fourfoxes), which was taken from a fic of mine.

Fourth Fox of Fire - Combination of first two.

Fox - Shortened for ease.

Red Fox of Fire - Same as the first but with caps and spaces.

Although the Black Knight is pretty bad ass (well actually he's a walking arch type among a fairly superficial video game series, but we'll let that slide), I actually picked the name during a psychological prank I was playing on my brother almost a year ago.

Back when I joined FESS, my brother (known as Fox to you) was a long time member of the site, and he didn't know I joined. So I kept it a secret (donned my helmet, so to speak) and replied to his posts by drawing all-too-knowing conclusions and making esoteric movie references only he would get. I had a long conspiracy planned out where I would develop a close relationship with him only to reveal my identity (viola! like the Black Knight!) after knowing him on this website for years, or something great like that. But the little fucker saw my email inbox and there were some messages from FESS in their, revealing my identity and ruining my ploy.

I stuck with the name because after finding out, Fox made me a badass avatar, and I felt I couldn't let it go to waste, which is why I am still using it.

Edited by Black Knight

So far here I've had ZXValaRevan and Taylor Swift.

I use ZXValaRevan for a lot of things, because one day I was being a fucktard and I was like "I want a really nerdy name that involves Star Wars AND Lord of the Rings", so I Combined Valar and Revan together, and then put ZX in front of it. It stuck.

Taylor Swift I used as a joke because she's so hilariously bad, and for various other reasons that should be quite evident.

Oh, I also sometimes use other names, like Pink, but that's rare.

I wanted to create a short screen-name which was relatively easy to pronounce but also unique. I understood wist to be an archaic English word meaning "to learn" so I thought it was relatively well fitting. It also turns out to likely mean "to know" (which perhaps makes it sounds a bit pompous), but I've also read suggestions that the word is a false archaism altogether. Ignoring the convoluted etymology which no longer interests me, I ultimately settled on Wist after Google searches along the lines of "Wist screen-name" and "Wist forum" yielded nothing to suggest the name was already in use. I was displeased to soon find that the name had already been registered on YouTube.

Edited by CaptainWistmarre

Esau is the biblical brother of Jacob and son of Isaac. He loses his birthright (which, depending on the story, was either given away as a result of starvation or indifference, either way for a bowl of soup from Jacob), and later has Isaac's final blessing to him stolen by Jacob, who was impersonating him. He resolves to kill him in anger, but after Jacob flees to his uncle's for a few years, and eventually gathers an army like his brother, Esau and him come to meet one each other and forgive one another for their actions.

Esau comes to be a lazy sinner, and hated by God. God resolves to destroy everything of Esau's tribe and his people, and Esau vows to rebuild the community every single time it's dismantled. The Edomites, as far as I know, became raiders and later settled into land that came to eventually form Rome. So they did pretty well before getting taken apart, I say :V

Bianchi Ridell Crimea: Back when I claimed the throne of Serenes. Bianchi is my favorite character of Katekyo Hitman Reborn, and then I got the rest of the Elincia's name to make me sound like royalty.

Bianchi: Shortened for ease

Haruhi: Yes, I was into the Haruhi-fad once upon a time, too.

Hikari: Came upon this word on one of my random web searches, and it apparently means "light" in Japanese. Thought it would make a good user name.

Naminé: Kingdom Hearts character.

VincentinaMSA: I did this for the lulz. it was only for like, a day or something like that. I even had Vincent's avatar and signature. it was confusing!

Psyche: The beginning of my "Greek Myths Display Name" Phase. Eros's wife, who had to endure Aphrodite's tests in order to regain her husband.

Psyche Ridell Crimea: Same as above, only with a part of Elincia's name.

Crystal Chanda Leir: Me being silly. If you don't get the joke, i don't know what to do for you! :P

Anna the Tutorial Girl: Do I need to explain? Anna, the tutorial girl.

Chiki: Princess of the Divine Dragon Tribe. FE 1-3-DS

Troy of Troy: Another Greek mythology reference, this time from the Trojan War.

Empress Alina: A random web search find. Just stuck Empress before it.

Jessie: I played along with several other members the "Team Rocket" joke.

Judge Trudy: Fadfadfad. Judge from the Amanda Show.

Aphrodite: Greek goddess of love.

Persephone: Greek goddess of fertility and queen of the underworld.

The Little Red Riding Hood: Found a picture of the little red riding hood, and decided to take the name, too.

Nyx: Night

Ananke: Destiny

Back when I joined FESS, my brother (known as Fox to you) was a long time member of the site, and he didn't know I joined. So I kept it a secret (donned my helmet, so to speak) and replied to his posts by drawing all-too-knowing conclusions and making esoteric movie references only he would get. I had a long conspiracy planned out where I would develop a close relationship with him only to reveal my identity (viola! like the Black Knight!) after knowing him on this website for years, or something great like that. But the little fucker saw my email inbox and there were some messages from FESS in their, revealing my identity and ruining my ploy.

Rofl. How long did it take him to find out?

Death - Playful nickname from the first website I ever used. It was some text game where instead of doing anything productive, I just made people complain a lot by killing them for no reason.

Evangel - Psycho from Armored Core: Last Raven, which was my favorite game until new AC titles were released.

Noir - Tales of the Abyss.

Edited by Death

Before I came up with Dark Legend Vampire, I had names of video game characters I like ending with random numbers. When I came up with Dark Legend Vampire, I was getting into Castlevania and Alucard was my favorite fictional character at the time. I was comming up with an official username to stick to and Dark Legend Vampire came to my mind. I thought it sounded cool and and decided to go with that name. I've been using that name almost five years now. Also, I reversed my name (as well as avatar, sig, personal photo, ect.) for two days just for lols.

Slayer:

Based on one of my favorite anime Slayers

I thought it was based off of the metal band.

Snow_Storm - "Snow" is my last name IRL so hell, I just make a pun outta my name.

ViolinSnowKid - The instrumental I play is the violin and Snow is just making fun of my last name. "Kid" since I'm still a bit young.

Steve_Wilkos - An "homage" to my favorite daytime TV host Steve Wilkos. His show gotten boring however.

Brown Fox of Earth - Jyo changed my name after I was attacking the members who had <Color> Fox of <Element> in their username.

King_Zephiel - Name after one of the two main villains of Fire Emblem 6. I wanted to be a villain-like character at the time and I got finished playing FE6.

Proud_Black_Man - This character was born as a inside joke during my Sophomore year of high school to mock the whole "Black Pride" issue in the black community. I have only used this screen name twice online. The very first time was for trolling a very immature and retarded forum and the second time is currently right now.

Future Screen Name - Uncle Snow's Cabin: This is a play on the novel and slang "Uncle Tom's Cabin".

*Concerned Christian - An screenname I haven't used in three years since it's a retired troll account. I pretend to be an extremist Christian who would harass anyone who didn't believe in God or didn't have Christian viewpoints. Actually, this account was to harass and troll another guy called "SomebodyWhoCares..." who was forcing his Christian values and viewpoints and basically try to debate anyone on religions that was different than his own. A parody account if you could say.

*Captain Obvious Jr., III, IV - Another screen name born from my inside jokes from high school. Basically use it to piss people by pointing out the obvious in the most annoying way I could. On GameFAQs, instead of using it to be obvious (which many people thought I was going to do), I used it as a tool to fuck with people with logic and common sense.

*TheSlickDaddy/SlickDaddySlick - Once again, another inside joke from high school that came to the online world. During my Freshman year, I would write my name as "Slick Daddy Slick" on my tests (of course, with my real name) during my history class. I stole the name from an alumni who would do the same thing, but stupidly, forget to write his real name and despite getting "As" on his tests, he would flunk 'em just because he forgotten his name.

I am currently using this screen name on OC ReMix as a "troll" account. The person who I am trolling? Myself! See, a few months ago, I got into some beef with other members of OC ReMix because their e-penises were big but IRL, they had small penises while mine were much, much bigger. During the beef, I insulted a Chicago Cubs fan saying shit that us Cardinals fans usually say about the piece of shit CHOKES. Obviously, I must had drove this Cubs fan to the point of suicide, he started attacking me everywhere I have gone on the boards but I wasn't upset since a good Cubs fan is a dead Cubs fan.

Another incident with the guy is that he was all butthurt because he said he didn't like this video somebody posted. He got a temp banned seeing that you can't say that shit (can't hurt those indie fags feelings now). Later, somebody made a YouTube Poop topic. I said I didn't like YTP. Funny thing, nobody seem to mind me saying that, but that guy who was banned for saying the same thing got on my case and started to bitch and whine saying "It's not fair!" and shit despite that guy had a history. I got banned for two days (which I felt it was unfair and biased seeing that guy was whiny like a bitch about it.)

To get back at him and play on his ego, I made the The Slick Daddy account. I used this account to harass my real account and troll myself while the other guy tried to attack me, you know, to think he had support. What I did was I didn't sign on my real account for a few days and some members started to worry that I may had my feelings hurt over what was being said and me almost being a laughing stock. In truth, those idiots didn't know that I was actually trolling myself and I was actually joining in on harassing myself!

*=These accounts are old and retired. They were from my early days of a rookie, immature troll , a bad one at that. Because of how shitty my trolling was back then, I do not use those account names.

These are the definitions to my username.

soul: I like the games "Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver" and "Soul Calibur"

1112: Since my username first started on Youtube, I was 12 years old when I joined Youtube so that leaves the "12"...as for the "11", well, I really missed being 11 so that's what entered 11 then 12.

My username is derived from Fayt Leingod (the main character from Star Ocean 3) and Monica Raybrandt (female lead from Dark Cloud 2; She's a princess from 100 years into the future).

My screen name is an abstract concept that in the name itself makes one think of philosophical questions, like "Why are we here?" , "What is the meaning of life?", "What is out there waiting for us?", "What is our potential?", and of course "Are we men dreaming we are butterflies or butterflies dreaming they're men?" It also inspires activism to things like global warming, deforestation, and ending world hunger.

...or the meaning is quite obvious and you'd be silly to actually think the above, but THAT'S JUST ME! : D

Rakath... it's the name I use online.

The technical evolution is when I was in elementary school I named a character in a story "R.T." because... I thought it was neat. From that my friend named me Rakath in an RPG we were playing because he thought the initials thing didn't fit the setting. It's a nonsense word.

I use this wherever I go now online, it's usually shortened to Rak though. If for some reason I need to lengthen it I generally go with Talyn as a second name. Rakath has always been my internet handle, the other additions I've had were "Angelos (Rakath), Demon (Rakath), and (Rakath) Chaos.

...for those that didn't feel like reading that, my name is meaningless. ^_^

Rad Quetz is just a character in my story, nothing much with him. He's a dragir, etc. If you read the story, you will know about him, or if you have already, you know who Rad Quetz is.

I got Loki from Valkyrie Profile. He's just a norse God or something.

Quetzalcoatl was a Mayan God or something, I am not very sure about the history because I did not study it.

Extreme Void was also taken from VP, it's Belenus' special finisher.

Django was just a friend of mine.

As to Omegablaster, another friend, I think so. ^^

I just made Alphablaster up, wanting to be the first blaster.

I'd go on and on with other names but these are the most recent ones I've used.