• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Did not just get a random pop-up claiming you won a 1000 dollar Walmart giftcard that is likely spam.

How do I block popups on an Android tablet? Because this is the third time this has happened.

(Yes, it was on this site, no, the previous two times were on TV Tropes).

Linked a video.

11 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Has been dealing with the same stuff I have been running into when checking Siliconera, among other websites..

Oh thank god it's not just me.

In my case, I think it's a local thing, because it said: "every Wednesday, we choose 7 people living in *insert the name of my city here* to win ____".

Two of the times, there were Facebook comments (which are likely fake) saying "OMG THIS ISN'T A SCAM! THIS TOTALLY WON'T STEAL YOUR IDENTITY! I ACTUALLY GOT IT IN THE MAIL!"

Linked a video.

Has been dealing with the same stuff I have been running into when checking Siliconera, among other websites..

In my case, I think it's a local thing, because it said: "every Wednesday, we choose 7 people living in *insert the name of my city here* to win ____".

Two of the times, there were Facebook comments (which are likely fake) saying "OMG THIS ISN'T A SCAM! THIS TOTALLY WON'T STEAL YOUR IDENTITY! I ACTUALLY GOT IT IN THE MAIL!"

1 minute ago, Espurrhoodie said:

That sounds just like what I've been seeing. What really bothers me, though, is that whenever I see them, they force me to press back like 15 times to navigate away from them. 

Might have gotten splatted in a humiliating manner if she played Splatoon or Splatoon 2.

Is incorrect about me playing Splatoon since I don't have either Splatoon games.

That sounds just like what I've been seeing. What really bothers me, though, is that whenever I see them, they force me to press back like 15 times to navigate away from them. 

Oh my god YES! Same here, then I get the same pop-up again.

Will know that

45 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Did not just get a random pop-up claiming you won a 1000 dollar Walmart giftcard that is likely spam.

How do I block popups on an Android tablet? Because this is the third time this has happened.

(Yes, it was on this site, no, the previous two times were on TV Tropes).

I use Firefox on my Android phone because I can use the same adblock extension (uBlock origin) as on my PC.