Post a fact about the person above!

Fia

Will know that I know next to nothing about Gen 8. And I don't really give two shits about it, either.

7 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

They gave it Dragon Dance and Icicle Spear (the former increases its attack and speed, while the latter is a physical Ice move). Note that Black Kyurem's Attack is already tactical nuke level.

Interesting. They gave him the worst possible physical Ice move. Outside of Skill Link users, Icicle Spear is pretty trash, like Bullet Seed, Fury Attack and all that madness.
Typical GameFreak...

• Replies 415.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, DragonFlames said:

Interesting. They gave him the worst possible physical Ice move. Outside of Skill Link users, Icicle Spear is pretty trash, like Bullet Seed, Fury Attack and all that madness.
Typical GameFreak...

It's not consistent, but I'd say it's usable at least, especially compared to Freeze Shock. Freeze Shock not only was a two-turn move in the vein of Solar Beam and the like (which I would consider impractical considering that the opponent could either switch to a resist or just use Protect on the attack turn), but it could also miss.

1 minute ago, Shadow Mir said:

It's not consistent, but I'd say it's usable at least, especially compared to Freeze Shock. Freeze Shock not only was a two-turn move in the vein of Solar Beam and the like (which I would consider impractical considering that the opponent could either switch to a resist or just use Protect on the attack turn), but it could also miss.

Gen 1 Sky Attack flashbacks...
Yeah, the charge-up moves are also pretty bad. No arguments there.

Edited by DragonFlames

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Gen 1 Sky Attack flashbacks...
Yeah, the charge-up moves are also pretty bad. No arguments there.

Yeah. In general, you're better off using a regular attack twice than those moves (think of it this way; while Freeze Shock has 140 power, the fact it requires a charge turn means you get only a 70 power attack over two turns. That being said, there is the Power Herb, which allows a mon to skip the recharge turn and attack instantly when using one of those moves... once. And most Power Herb applications tend to be on Xerneas so it can instantly boost from its Geomancy move). Hyper Beam and its variants are more of the same, even though they're the other way around, which is even worse, because that means even if you faint whatever you attacked with it, the recharge turn means your opponent gets one turn to do whatever they want, including set up on you.

9 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

Has seen the newest Star Wars movie that is apparently a travesty, according to the internet.

It's really not. The Rise of Skywalker is messy as hell but it's not the worst Star Wars movie ever made. That (dis)honor goes to Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, two movies that make me feel like i'm in a coma. 

Wanted to S-support best fish girl.

3 minutes ago, Armagon said:

It's really not. The Rise of Skywalker is messy as hell but it's not the worst Star Wars movie ever made. That (dis)honor goes to Phantom Menace and Attack of the Clones, two movies that make me feel like i'm in a coma. 

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it myself. I was just curious about the reactions to it, since the hype was pretty big pre-release.
Gotta say, I was not expecting THAT.

Edited by DragonFlames

Playing Nights of Azure.

20 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

I'll reserve judgement until I've seen it myself. I was just curious about the reactions to it, since the hype was pretty big pre-release.

The thing about online Star Wars reactions is that you kinda just have to filter them out. It's ok to dislike the movies but i've seen people who dislike the new movies unironically act like the new Star Wars movies broke into their homes and murdered their families. So just judge the movie yourself and don't let the opinions of others control your judgement.