• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Presumably has played Tales of the Abyss.

I should probably play it, it's one of only two Tales games that are on consoles I have unless there are other Tales games on the Switch and 3DS.

I really liked Vesperia.

Liked Vesperia.

There is a Tales of the Abyss rerelease on the 3DS. I don't know if it's still a thing, though. It's not on the eShop and stores don't have it anymore, either.
I got lucky when I got it, I guess.

Edited by DragonFlames

1 hour ago, DragonFlames said:

Liked Vesperia.

There is a Tales of the Abyss rerelease on the 3DS. I don't know if it's still a thing, though. It's not on the eShop and stores don't have it anymore, either.
I got lucky when I got it, I guess.

That was what I was referring to.

Was it a bad port or something?

26 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Was it a bad port or something?

No, quite the opposite. Apparently, the loading times on the original PS2 port were absolutely terrible, along with several frame rate issues, while no such problem exists on the 3DS version (aside from the occasional frame rate hiccups here and there, but it's nothing too big in my opinion). I really do wonder why they only had it for a limited time and why I can't find it on the eShop.

10 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

No, quite the opposite. Apparently, the loading times on the original PS2 port were absolutely terrible, along with several frame rate issues, while no such problem exists on the 3DS version (aside from the occasional frame rate hiccups here and there, but it's nothing too big in my opinion). I really do wonder why they only had it for a limited time and why I can't find it on the eShop.

Huh, that's weird.

Maybe it's because it's old?

Still Tales talk.

They do? I haven't seen it in years. Then again, I haven't visited GameStop even once in my life, so that might be it.

6 hours ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Huh, that's weird.

Maybe it's because it's old?

Could be. Who knows?

On 6/29/2019 at 2:48 PM, DragonFlames said:

Never played Star Ocean, but I definitely concur for Tales.

Off the top of my head:

• Symphonia has various achievements related to titles. In particular, there's Treasure Hunter, which is both an achievement and a title for Sheena.
  • Xillia has Sub-Event Superhero, which has very little room for error because some events are missable or route exclusive.
  • Xillia 2 has the bad ending achievement, which requires you to fight a hard fight that must be done solo. There's also the two Chromatus achievements, one of which requires you to use it a lot (450 times, in fact), and another for beating the game while using it less than 50 times (though this one only starts counting after a late point in the game).
  • Graces has some of the 60 seconds achievements. Two of those are linked to the final bosses. There's also the one for maxing out your Eleth Mixer.
  • Berseria has an achievement for seeing every Mystic Arte in the game. This includes enemy Mystic Artes.
  • Vesperia has secret missions, some of which can be hard to do. One in particular requires an item that's tied to a sub-event that's easy to miss. In addition, there''s the fact that one of Yuri's titles (titles are related to another achievement in this game, btw) requires doing all of these. In one playthrough.
  • And multiple Tales games have achievements related to maxing out your level.

Is not listening to the Magicant remix.