Post a fact about the person above!

Fia

Is also witness to the strangeness that is Espurrhoodie's grape.
It really does look weird, though. Kind of like a mix between eggplant and cucumber.

13 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

In my case, I generally find him to not hit hard enough (sure, gauntlets can allow him to double when initiating, but there's the problem that he's using a weapon type that has 4 might at most, which means that unless the opponent is weak defensively or someone else attacked them beforehand, odds are they're gonna survive). It didn't really help that in terms of defensive ability, Hilda, Leonie and Byleth kept outclassing him because they're generally fast enough to avoid being doubled, putting him out of a job as a result.

True, him, Lorenz, and Ignatz were pretty much just there in my Golden Deer playthrough. Byleth, Claude, Hilda, Lysithea and Leonie did all the work while those three stood back and watched from the sidelines. Of course, Marianne was my primary healer, so she also had a pivotal role. And that's just the ones that are innate members of that house.

Come to think of it, every playthrough of Three Houses I had was like this. I always had a small part of my house do all the work while another part just stood back and watched things happen because they usually ended up sucking compared to the other units. In Black Eagles, it was Ferdinand, Hubert, Caspar and Linhardt (Dorothea learns Physic, so I had no real need for Linhardt to heal), in Blue Lions, it was Felix (towards the end when he started to fall off hard), Ingrid and Sylvain (for a while, until I put him on a Wyvern).

• Replies 415.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

Had worse luck with Raphael, Ignatz, Ferdinand, Hubert, Caspar and Ingrid than I did. (And yes, I did play hard. It didn't matter)

Seriously, my Ingrid had like 116 avoid on enemy phase. So she dodgetanked everything. Came out MVP both on Blue Lions and Golden Deer (where I reused her to be sure).

Ignatz started off inferior to Leonie, but once he became a bow knight, he was stronger and faster. Thus leaving her with a niche as a defensive archer.

Lorenz... was still bad. Like "I can't double until I make dark knight and then I'm not particularly good because my magic stat is low", but he had good movement.

Sylvain was similar, but he had as much defense as Gilbert so he became pretty great as a dark knight due to magic allowing him to double. So he was decent.

Felix... as with you, fell off hard. He was unstoppable early game. But that defense growth killed him.

Ferdinand... was MVP until Bernadetta got to Bow Knight. He ended up being second only to Petra in speed despite getting the Great Knight Class by the end. This also left him just under

Edelard in defense, and a point behind Caspar in strength. This combined with that movement range made him almost unstoppable. He also had the distinction of knight-kneelering the death knight twice.

Hubert had a ton of magic, extra range thanks to mire and death (more so when he got to S rank in reason), and being a Dark Bishop just generally left a trail of death and destruction in his wake. Not quite Lysithea, but almost there.

Caspar... this guy had a rough time for a while. He was overshadowed by Edelgard. Then he got to War Master. Those Steel Gauntlets+ and a dance from Lysithea meant he was able to

Spoiler

drain two bars of the Immaculate one's health in one turn once her shields were gone. Admittedly with four crits over those eight punches. But still. He ended up taking the final bar off too the next turn. Which meant that she was literally dropped by a punch. Which was hilarious. Remember she had 30 extra avoid against Swords, Lances and Axes. Nothing was said about gauntlets.

Raphael... Thanks to the Ochain's shield I got from Ferdinand and Lysithea's paralogue, this guy was able to act safely as my lure any time I didn't have a magic using foe. His sky-high strength and silver gauntlets+ allowed him to one round most foes. Most importantly though..

Spoiler

I basically had him fight Nemesis head on at the endgame while keeping the others at a safe distance. Even doubling the poor bastard was having trouble dealing enough damage to him for his crest of flames to matter (and he couldn't crit through that wonderful shield, which was healing Raphael every turn), while his crits were taking chunks off that health bar. Soon Nemesis was weak enough for me to have Lysithea deal a killing blow.

As it goes, my only total lost cause was my attempt to train Cyril. Guy really just had this thing against being good. (Though I still haven't tried to seriously use Alois, Shamir, Flayn in a non-dancer role, Seteth, Manuela in a non-extra healer role). Hanneman... was a bit underwhelming as a unit. But the meteor uses were handy.

Unintentionally informed me that Lysithea and Ferdinand have a Paralogue.

5 minutes ago, The Roger The Paladin said:

As it goes, my only total lost cause was my attempt to train Cyril. Guy really just had this thing against being good. (Though I still haven't tried to seriously use Alois, Shamir, Flayn in a non-dancer role, Seteth, Manuela in a non-extra healer role). Hanneman... was a bit underwhelming as a unit. But the meteor uses were handy.

Alois is okay, not the best, but not the worst (he was a good replacement for Caspar in my BE playthroughs and an okay addition for my GD one as that one lacked an infantry axe user due to Hilda being on a Wyvern and Raphael punching people). Shamir I used on my Church Route playthrough and she started out MUCH better than Bernadetta, but she was eventually outmatched by her and relegated to being Catherine's adjutant. Flayn is fantastic as a Mage/healer, she's basically a combination of Annette and Mercedes, in that she learns wind magic (also Excalibur, which eliminates fliers), and Fortify. Much better than Linhardt, I'd say. Her only weakness is a rather sluggish speed. Seteth is a monster. From the moment you get him, he deletes practically everything if given a decent weapon. Never used Manuela or Hanneman seriously, either. For Meteor-spam, I have Dorothea. Cyril had the same story for me as he did for you: he just refused to be good.

Had the same experience with Cyril I did. (Though it's probably not that uncommon).

Actually, Hanneman was the one to replace him in that run. He also played a significant role in my Black Eagles run (I haven't done the church yet). His biggest issue is his speed. He's fine at doubling armored units (the ones best hit with magic or as an extra healer in a pinch (mind you regular heal). He can use Thoron to take potshots at most enemies safely until he s-ranks reason, and his Meteor decimates things. By using him and Dorothea's combined Meteor uses, the last couple maps in crimson flower became significantly easier. He's useful in his own right. Just vastly outclassed (as the male mages tend to be) by the female mages. Gremory is pretty potent after all.

Presumably saw my weird grape.

2 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

Is also witness to the strangeness that is Espurrhoodie's grape.
It really does look weird, though. Kind of like a mix between eggplant and cucumber.

It tastes okay, at least.

Ate the weird grape..Seriously, you got some courage.

..Also, presumably didn't get her copy of Three Houses at the hour this comment is posted. I got a chance and I didn't mess up. I might as well start crying.