Post a fact about the person above!

Fia

Is understandably not looking forward to several aspects of Trails of Cold Steel III.

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

I see. Is the true final boss over NINE (bleep) THOUSANNNND?

You could say that, yeah. It's definitely a tough one, but manageable. I'd say the final battle of Chapter 9 is overall a tad harder.

11 hours ago, Shadow Mir said:

Also, I'm getting a feeling the game's getting tougher. Case in point: the first battle in chapter 10 has a Dragon with wtfmassive HP (1500+) and crazy attack power. What's right before isn't a cakewalk either. Especially if you want the Witches' weapons (as you're stuck using Alto and the Witches, you'll need to have Thief Orbs on your weapons) and are seeking to win with no allies defeated (which is a special condition; Millicent has an instant kill attack, which can screw you over in that case, especially as from what I see, she's prone to spam it).

The game does have a difficulty spike at the end, that's true. Surprisngly enough, I didn't find any enemies with high HP that hard to beat, as your own damage output can get pretty crazy at this point, especially considering how fast some of your characters are (especially Hilda, Nonoka, and Popo). As far as Millicent is concerned, one thing I can recommend doing is taking potshots at her with Popo's long-ranged attacks until you can send someone in to kill her or make use of Hilda's ability to give other characters a turn directly after hers to gang up on Millicent and off her right then and there when you get the opportunity.

• Replies 415.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ein

• Shadow Mir

• Junkhead

• Ercdouken

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

You could say that, yeah. It's definitely a tough one, but manageable. I'd say the final battle of Chapter 9 is overall a tad harder.

Was Chapter 9 really that bad? It didn't feel like it to me.

10 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The game does have a difficulty spike at the end, that's true. Surprisngly enough, I didn't find any enemies with high HP that hard to beat, as your own damage output can get pretty crazy at this point, especially considering how fast some of your characters are (especially Hilda, Nonoka, and Popo). As far as Millicent is concerned, one thing I can recommend doing is taking potshots at her with Popo's long-ranged attacks until you can send someone in to kill her or make use of Hilda's ability to give other characters a turn directly after hers to gang up on Millicent and off her right then and there when you get the opportunity.

Given Millicent's position on a platform that no one except for Hilda and Popo can access, you'd be better off just having her chase you to the main platform, where Sakuya can dispose of her easily (given that Fire is strong against Wind). That being said, the worst of that battle is the early going, since Kaede and the Kagutsuchis (Red Wolves with a fancy name) charge immediately, with the latter two being in range to attack you on their first turns (the other condition is to get the first attack; I find that Popo's the only one who can get her turn before them and is in range to actually attack something, but unfortunately, this means she ends up in range of Kaede, which is no bueno because she's weak to Fire, and Kaede has fire element attacks, even with her normal attack. You can't distract her either, as Butterfly Dream only creates traps instead, and traps require the enemy to stop in the space where they are before they work, as opposed to stopping them mid-move, much like what happens in the bridge chapters in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn if you're unlucky enough to walk over one).

Might have fallen for Niki's bluff.

Is very correct.

50 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Was Chapter 9 really that bad? It didn't feel like it to me.

It was Chapter 9 where it's Alto and Hilda vs. an army of angels, wasn't it? Or was that chapter 8? I haven't played the game in a long time, so I don't remember the exact chapter numbers. Apologies for that.
Regardless, that battle was one of the hardest ones in the game for me, and definitely harder than the true final boss.

52 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

Given Millicent's position on a platform that no one except for Hilda and Popo can access, you'd be better off just having her chase you to the main platform, where Sakuya can dispose of her easily (given that Fire is strong against Wind). That being said, the worst of that battle is the early going, since Kaede and the Kagutsuchis (Red Wolves with a fancy name) charge immediately, with the latter two being in range to attack you on their first turns (the other condition is to get the first attack; I find that Popo's the only one who can get her turn before them and is in range to actually attack something, but unfortunately, this means she ends up in range of Kaede, which is no bueno because she's weak to Fire, and Kaede has fire element attacks, even with her normal attack. You can't distract her either, as Butterfly Dream only creates traps instead, and traps require the enemy to stop in the space where they are before they work, as opposed to stopping them mid-move, much like what happens in the bridge chapters in Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn if you're unlucky enough to walk over one).

The question is does Kaede one-shot Popo and does Popo take too much damage from everything for Lisette to heal her? If the answer to both of these questions is no, it should be a relatively safe first move to make. I don't remember exactly how the enemies are positioned, however, so I can't speak to what skill/method of attack would be best.
On that note: equip Song Orbs on as many characters as you can if you haven't already. These make (ab)using Song Magic really easy. Popo's Song of Wind especially is a great offensive move if enemies happen to be relatively close to each other (this makes a lot of the earlygame very cheeseable, too).

Didn't have a good time playing DnD earlier.

I killed a giant spider via sound and our session ended with another giant spider getting burned alive. It was magical.

3 minutes ago, Espurrhoodie said:

Is semi-incorrect.

I'm a lore bard and one of my spells (which is the one I used) is thunderwave

Oh frick this sin't the post a lie thread. Uh... it was sarcasm! Yes, it was sarcasm. Not a wrong thread post.

Does not have character with the Polearm master feat.

19 hours ago, Robert Stewart said:

His second favorite FE game is presumably made by Kaga?

I mean, if berwick counts then it'd be my favorite, but my second favorite FE is Sacred Stones.

17 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

It was Chapter 9 where it's Alto and Hilda vs. an army of angels, wasn't it? Or was that chapter 8? I haven't played the game in a long time, so I don't remember the exact chapter numbers. Apologies for that.
Regardless, that battle was one of the hardest ones in the game for me, and definitely harder than the true final boss.

That's the one. The angels only move in about three at a time, so I just whack the aggressive ones until plot kicks in, then go after the new arrivals until plot kicks in again, which leads to Dante and Dorothy coming in. You need the Seraphim to attack you at that point, but even if you're in range of its Song of Deceit, it seems to do bugger all until the numbers dwindle (something which very nearly made me lose). Also, are you saying it was even worse than a chapter X boss that's major spoilers?

17 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

The question is does Kaede one-shot Popo and does Popo take too much damage from everything for Lisette to heal her? If the answer to both of these questions is no, it should be a relatively safe first move to make. I don't remember exactly how the enemies are positioned, however, so I can't speak to what skill/method of attack would be best.
On that note: equip Song Orbs on as many characters as you can if you haven't already. These make (ab)using Song Magic really easy. Popo's Song of Wind especially is a great offensive move if enemies happen to be relatively close to each other (this makes a lot of the earlygame very cheeseable, too).

I think not... IF Popo's at full HP AND Kaede doesn't bother to use one of her skills, neither of which I can count on happening. And even then, she only barely survives.

On Song Orbs: Have you even seen anything drop Song Fragments (which are needed for Song Orbs)? Because I haven't, as far as I can remember, and I'm getting close to the end... which begs the question, how the heck do I get them?

Will know that Niki's bluff about being the Earth Witch didn't work on me because the opening shows Mordimort alongside the other Witches (who are shown immediately after Alto).

Also knows things about Stella Glow

18 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

That's the one. The angels only move in about three at a time, so I just whack the aggressive ones until plot kicks in, then go after the new arrivals until plot kicks in again, which leads to Dante and Dorothy coming in. You need the Seraphim to attack you at that point, but even if you're in range of its Song of Deceit, it seems to do bugger all until the numbers dwindle (something which very nearly made me lose). Also, are you saying it was even worse than a chapter X boss that's major spoilers?

Honestly? Yes.
I had to retry that damned battle many times until I finally beat it during my first playthrough, which is why I remember it as being the hardest.

19 minutes ago, Shadow Mir said:

On Song Orbs: Have you even seen anything drop Song Fragments (which are needed for Song Orbs)? Because I haven't, as far as I can remember, and I'm getting close to the end... which begs the question, how the heck do I get them?

Song Fragments can be gotten by working part time for Medea, and at least one Song Orb 2 drops from an enemy in Chapter 10.
At least that's what I came up with when I looked it up earlier, because honestly, I don't remember where to get them, just that they exist.

Isn't hoping Atlas will one day bring Persona 5 royal (or even Vanilla Persona 5, I'm that desperate) into the switch.

Edited by Nym

Almost ninja'd me.

And is in between posts by her followers.

Edited by Benice