Runescape

Kiba

has anyone ever in the past played this game before? if so discuss why you played it and what you liked/hated about?

I played it for a long time when I was in eighth and early ninth grade, had a member's account, high woodcutting level, long friends and ignore lists, all that stuff. I quit that game when I got a World of Warcraft account, though, and quit that game when I figured out how boring and time-consuming it was at high levels.

RuneScape is actually where I first formulated the name Thunk00, and one of the main reasons I created a GameFAQs account (which was eventually how I became involved with the FE community and joined FESS) was to post on the RuneScape board.

Used to play a lot a while back. I was playing back when they still gave you the option for your "specialty" that gave you a boost to a certain skill.

Why did I quit? I realized that Jagex had pretty much said screw you to the free players. It was very rare for free players to get anything new added to their side of the game and when something did it was very minor. Its kind of sad when the newest quest on the quest list is the rune mining one from when the game switched over to 3D. I understand that the people playing the game should get benefits and all of that, but to just leave the majority of your user base high and dry like that isn't something I approve of.

Used to play a lot a while back. I was playing back when they still gave you the option for your "specialty" that gave you a boost to a certain skill.

Why did I quit? I realized that Jagex had pretty much said screw you to the free players. It was very rare for free players to get anything new added to their side of the game and when something did it was very minor. Its kind of sad when the newest quest on the quest list is the rune mining one from when the game switched over to 3D. I understand that the people playing the game should get benefits and all of that, but to just leave the majority of your user base high and dry like that isn't something I approve of.

I know whatcha mean. It's kinda like a demo version.

Usually during my school holidays when I have my screwed up sleeping patterns I get on with my friend and we play. Other than that I don't really play it because I have other things to do >.>

Why did I quit? I realized that Jagex had pretty much said screw you to the free players. It was very rare for free players to get anything new added to their side of the game and when something did it was very minor.

Well, they are a business, you know. It's not surprising that they would cater to the players who pay for the game at all. And free players actually have gotten more updates than usual in the past couple years.

That said, I played for quite a long time. Had a high level account, made a lot of friends, etc. After screwing around a bit on there lately out of boredom I've actually considered playing again for at least a month, but I'd need a better computer first.

And free players actually have gotten more updates than usual in the past couple years.

You mean like disabling PvP, the only fun element of the game?

You mean like disabling PvP, the only fun element of the game?

I don't know exactly since I haven't kept myself updated, but I recently read a FAQ where some paying members were actually complaining about the increase in F2P updates.

they broke the drop trade yes and they put back in pvp but instead just made them servers, from what I read.

they broke the drop trade yes and they put back in pvp but instead just made them servers, from what I read.

yeah and of course you can't do any sort of unbalanced trading either. >.< In free worlds you can only ever have a trade unbalanced by 10k coins if you've done enough quests. On members of course i think it goes up to 50k. (personally i can do like 33k right now).

As for pvp, i prefer the old way that they did it. Now of course it's like people hiding in banks since that is like the only safe spot to be in. Not to mention the drop system for pvp sucks imo. You don't get the items the other person was wearing, but instead some random items of whatever value based on your "drop potential". You increase that by risking more money and by staying in dangerous areas for longer periods of time.

Btw, if anyone else plays this often enough, my account is smartrutter7. Add me and we could do something i suppose. =P

I am Erk23 on RS, where that name came from. Lvl 92 and just stopped being member two months ago. I now mostly play on a skiller account (Lvl 3 CB that trains only non combat skills)