New Server

Jyosua

The website's been moved to a true Dedicated server (We have actually only been on a VPS). Sorry for the forum downtime. It was required to make sure nothing was lost in the transition.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So that's why it took so long. What was wrong with the old server?

BTW, a few guys on mIRC joked that you hit a few bars and got drunk and forgotten that you ran the place. Another joke was that you lost all your money, file for chapter 11 and had to sell Serene Forest.

I heard from Hanz that the forum was changing servers. No idea it would take so long though... Oh well, good night/morning/whatever 6.50am is.

It can take up to 48 hours for the IP switching on the Nameservers to fully take effect. Even then, some people (like me) have to reset their router or flush their DNS before being able to access the site again.

I try my best to understand Server-related stuff. But hey, Jyo, that's no biggie, if it was for the best.

I wondered what was going on when it had all the maintenance and whatever. I was just freaked out when it started saying that the link was broken last night, and I wasn't able to get any other screen than that until just now.

Can we post roms yet?

What--what the fuck? What does that have to do with anything? You're not allowed to post ROMs because piracy is illegal, not because "the server told us not to!"

Not to mention that if you seriously lack the capability to find ROMs by yourself then you are functionally retarded and should probably kill yourself.

You know, just for future reference, you should probably announce these things when they can take up to 48 hours.

Good though.

It technically was announced, when the board was sitting offline stating that the maintenance might take a while.

To be honest, I didn't find out about it myself until shortly before the board jumped to Offline anyway. As such, it's just a matter of sitting and waiting. It's not like someone's going to fall over dead if they can't get on Serenes Forest for a day.

The website's been moved to a true Dedicated server (We have actually only been on a VPS). Sorry for the forum downtime. It was required to make sure nothing was lost in the transition.
Do I get to say "told you so" yet?

also, fix your DNS.

Oh, so that's what it was all about? The site moved to a new server? Cool. I thought you guys were like arranging and deleting stuff. ^^

What--what the fuck? What does that have to do with anything? You're not allowed to post ROMs because piracy is illegal, not because "the server told us not to!"

Not to mention that if you seriously lack the capability to find ROMs by yourself then you are functionally retarded and should probably kill yourself.

Are you fucking angry at the world? And on some forums the server won't let them post roms dumbass, I believe this one was on of them

Are you fucking angry at the world? And on some forums the server won't let them post roms dumbass, I believe this one was on of them
There are legal fucking liabilities tied to facilitating copyright infringement. Do you think Josh or Vincent want to deal with lawsuits so you droolers can have ROMs?

There are legal fucking liabilities tied to facilitating copyright infringement. Do you think Josh or Vincent want to deal with lawsuits so you droolers can have ROMs?

-_- some forums allow them, I'm aware it's a liability