New Server

Jyosua

It just spaced out again for me. I'm back on now, but this didn't happen at all for me with the previous server, which really means that it isn't entirely people's browsers/DNS/whatever, it is the new server causing these problems.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I didn't find out about it myself until shortly before the board jumped to Offline anyway. As such, it's just a matter of sitting and waiting. It's not like someone's going to fall over dead if they can't get on Serenes Forest for a day.

I did :lol:

Alright, that opendns thing seems to have help. But that in no way changes the fact that it was irritating... hardly what one would expect from a supposed improvement.
Get a provider who doesn't suck donkey balls. I personally use this hosting company for everything and I haven't heard a single valid complaint anywhere that didn't trace back to shitty configurations.

If you actually want room to complain, I'm sure you can fork some cash over to Josh and actually pay for the resources you use.

Edited by Blacken

If you actually want room to complain, I'm sure you can fork some cash over to Josh and actually pay for the resources you use.

Well, if Josh imposes such a rule, then I'll gladly follow it and donate if he asks. But he does not; nor does he state anywhere that I have to pay money in order to have a voice. You really don't have a place to say when I am allowed to comment, especially when the comment I made has hardly much. If something irritates me, I'll say so when I please.

Edited by Shuuda

picardsigh.jpg

You complain because your own infrastructure sucks and doesn't have a quickly updating DNS, and you blame Josh and considerably upgraded hardware for your own infrastructure sucking. And you think you have some sanctified right to complain...because your own infrastructure sucks.

Why don't you fucking call your ISP and get them to actually do their jobs correctly if you're "irritated"?

Oh, wait. It's easier to just bitch at an unrelated cause. After all, it doesn't involve actually having to take the initiative and fix your own problem.

Well, if Josh imposes such a rule, then I'll gladly follow it and donate if he asks. But he does not; nor does he state anywhere that I have to pay money in order to have a voice. You really don't have a place to say when I am allowed to comment, especially when the comment I made has hardly much. If something irritates me, I'll say so when I please.

No, but it's generally more tactful to not complain about a completely free service that someone provides to yourself and others at large cost (dedicated hosting isn't exactly cheap, in general) to themselves, asking nothing in return. There will always be downtime associated with server moves, just live with it. If Josh feels the need to get a new host, be it because the site had outgrown the previous host, or because they found a better deal elsewhere, or whatever the case may be, accept his decision, and quit whining about it. :)

Edited by SwordsAreShiney

Well, since I had no idea that mention some irritation was that offensive, I'm sorry.

and you blame Josh

Where did I actually blame him? I said that it was not what I expected from an improvement, not that it was Josh's fault (or anyone's fault for that matter). Sorry if you got that impression, but I never actually pointed a finger at anyone. Even if I knew it was on my end from the very beginning, I still would have been irritated.

If I had not of realised that it was a problem with my end, I would not have ever got it fixed... so clearly I did realise that it was a problem on my end.

Let's just drop it alright. It was a small mix up on my part and I am sorry. But I do not enjoy having my mistake exaggerated like you did in the quote above.

Edited by Shuuda

I don't think this topic needs to remain open anymore. Blacken, I suggest you calm down. There's no need to get so outraged at this, and it appears it was just a misunderstanding.