Pokemon team

riariadne

Well I'm really bad at building teams for Pokemon, but I wanna be good on Wi-fi. I know some of the pokemon I wanna use, but I would like some help on strategy and moves. This is my team so far...

Darkrai

Item: Dark Plate

Dark Void

Nightmare

Dream Eater

?????

This one's pretty much all set. Use Dark void to put enemies to sleep and if it misses one I can use Dream eater on the other to keep Darkrai alive, nightmare allows for more havoc. I just need a move that isn't reliant on Dark Void like if I somehow use it all up (24 PP cause of PP ups) or an enemies has insomnia/ vital spirit/ whatever I can still attack. Thinking about Dark Pulse cuz there's like no dark type attacks.

Blaziken

Item: Scope Lens

Blaze Kick

Brave Bird

?????

?????

I have a pretty good Blaziken that owns with it's high speed and attack. It can deal heavy damage with blaze kick (85 damage, high base critical and scope lens) ad Brave bird takes down many foes. I think I want a move like ice punch or something to take down dragon types (they are major pains) and a good fighting type attack.

Blissey

Item: Leftovers

Softboiled

Toxic/Thunder wave

?????

?????

Kinda self explanatory. Good wall with 650 hp and high special defense, but it's kinda bad elsewhere, so I focus on it's good points. I also want an attack move in case it's my last pokemon on the field and I want either toxic or thunder wave so it can be more of a long term help. The last move might be something like stealth rock or another attack that works from the get-go.

That's it really... I like using high speed high attack pokemon, but I'll occasionally use a status-inflicting or defnsive pokemon like darkrai and blissey. I don't care what tier they are and I might use Grachomp even. Any tips?

Well first of all get rid of darkrai, he is uber and not allowed, then state the EVs and natures of the pokemon, maybe even IVs. Then I can tell you what some over pokemon you could use for your team. And for garchomp if you do choose to use him make sure you have a 7th pokemon you can use because many people do not like him being used because he is uber as well, but some still allow him.

Edited by Siegfried

Well first of all get rid of darkrai, he is uber and not allowed, then state the EVs and natures of the pokemon, maybe even IVs. Then I can tell you what some over pokemon you could use for your team. And for garchomp if you do choose to use him make sure you have a 7th pokemon you can use because many people do not like him being used because he is uber as well, but some still allow him.

This and add lapras, right Nore?

Scope Lens is horrible, Blaziken doesn't have any attack that has high crit rate IIRC. Besides, it's pretty stupid to gamble on something like Crit in Pokemon.

Infernape pretty much > Blaziken. Since you have Blissey and shit up there, I assume you don't care if a Pokemon is UU or OU or Uber. Anyways, replace Blaziken with Infernape. He makes a decent mixed sweeper, but I hear he isn't as good as he used to be. Life Orb, etc etc.

I absolutely do not remember EVs, nature or moveset though, I quit competitive Pokemon for a year and a half.

Edited by Unoriginal

Scope Lens is horrible, Blaziken doesn't have any attack that has high crit rate IIRC. Besides, it's pretty stupid to gamble on something like Crit in Pokemon.

It's also banned from competitive play because hax items like Scope Lens (such as Bright Powder, Focus Band, etc.) change the game from skill based to luck based, and as a result, things get annoying.

Silly noobs. Hiding behind the destructive power of legendaries.

Needs moar legit pokemon.

Lol fallacious comment. You're under the impression that all legendaries are broken and uber. There are some legendaries that suck in the OU meta (Moltres, Articuno, Raikou, Entei, all the Regis, Uxie, Mespirit, Shaymin (regular)) and some that fit in OU (Zapdos, Suicune, Azelf, Celebi, Jirachi Cresselia, Latias, Heatran). All the other legendaries are uber (along with Wobbuffet, Wynaut, and Garchomp).

Next time, think before you say something like that.

I'm assuming this is for doubles?

Try to add a dragon or fast Special Sweeper.

Also, why only three pokemon?

He asked what others he should use.

...i think...

Edited by Siegfried

It's also banned from competitive play because hax items like Scope Lens (such as Bright Powder, Focus Band, etc.) change the game from skill based to luck based, and as a result, things get annoying.

No they're not. At least, not according to Smogon's Shoddy server.

Those items are in general vastly inferior to the typical choice item, life orb, and leftovers. If you're banking on the small chances for activation, you're already giving up a lot of the benefits of better items, so there's not much of a strong reason to ban those.

I don't really care what their ranked, but I generally like stronger pokemons. I really only use Darkrai and thats it for legendaries.

Lolwut unoriginal? Blaze Kick has high crit rate.

Crit is still stupid to rely on. Blaze Kick is okay but pales compared to Flare Blitz, Flare Blitz's recoil helps with Blaze, but perhaps Kick is better for Blaziken's case, 80 base speed means he's easy picking for revenge killers or priority attacks. Either way, spamming that one move and hoping for a critical gets predictable, they could easily throw in a fire resist, such as Swampert, maybe a thick fat Snorlax with curse support (It's pretty hard remembering Pokemon now..) Blaziken may have Scarf potential with high Special Attack and Physical, but generally is avoided due to his 80 base speed. But sure, if you want to counter that base, scarfing it is the only option unless you want to rely on agility passing from a supporter. (I don't even know if it's a good idea, just browse Smogon or some other Competitive Pokemon community. >_>)

Eh, I shouldn't be talking, Competitive Pokemon is behind me now.

Edited by Unoriginal

As for Darkrai, I'm sure that there's something better you could give it than a Dark Plate. That (and other items like that) only boosts the power of a certain move type by 10% - and I seriously doubt that a 10% power boost would make that much of a difference.

People like it because for doubles it hits both enemies, is one of the only rock moves many pokemon can learn and PP really doesn't matter when most pokemon will be dead withing 2-5 turns anyways, and it is not like you don't have 3 others moves available to you.

It's a 100 base power rock type move. With the second strongest physical rock type move clocking in at only 75 base power and still less than perfect accuracy, the rock type move of choice is obvious.

Rock type is pretty useful for coverage.

• 2 months later...

Darkrai is the cheapest Pokemon ever, but there are a few thing you could do to make it better.

Attach a Focus band so no one can OHKO it.

Attach a speed boosting berry when Darkrai's Hp becomes critical, so that Darkrai can consistently go first.

Attach Quick Claw, though it isn't as good as the other 2 options.