Arena whoring... yay or nay?

tiger the rocketship

Well, I don't play for ranks, but I also do not have the patience to get a unit to 20/20 in only one chapter.

So I abuse moderatly[sic?]

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I don't play for ranks, but I also do not have the patience to get a unit to 20/20 in only one chapter.

So I abuse moderatly[sic?]

The only time I ever arena abuse is in FE11 for a Wi-Fi team. Other than that I just get them to level 20 unpromoted.

I can't arena abuse. Like, CAN'T. Guy had been too weak to train for me, so I tried the arena. Level 3 falcoknight with Silver Lance OHKO'd Guy. I restarted the chapter. This time, it was a level 3 General with a silver lance. OHKO'd Guy. Restarted, benched guy, stayed away from the arena.

P.S. Those enemies levels aren't exact, all I remember is that they were promoted and had silver lances... Or maybe they were high level unpromoted. Whatever. Oh, and this same thing happened to Joshua. Arenas hate me.

I can't arena abuse. Like, CAN'T. Guy had been too weak to train for me, so I tried the arena. Level 3 falcoknight with Silver Lance OHKO'd Guy. I restarted the chapter. This time, it was a level 3 General with a silver lance. OHKO'd Guy. Restarted, benched guy, stayed away from the arena.

P.S. Those enemies levels aren't exact, all I remember is that they were promoted and had silver lances... Or maybe they were high level unpromoted. Whatever. Oh, and this same thing happened to Joshua. Arenas hate me.

Try someone who isn't that frail. Guy and Joshua aren't the best at taking hits.

Edited by luigi bros

Unless it's Seisen (FE4), I don't bother with the arena. Especially with Monshou (FE3) :( I never want to bother with the chance when it's not even necessary, especially when I never need it.

I can't believe people bother arena abusing unless they're on an emulator. But there's people who actually waste their life with RNG abuse for one reason or another ._.

Heh. Seisen's arena system is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

YOU CAN ACTUALLY GO IN WITHOUT FEAR OF RESETTING! >:D

I like to get a level up or two, maybe play catch-up with newer units. Frankly, the time needed to get multiple characters to level 20 promoted or unpromoted is a bit much for me, ESPECIALLY since one misstep means I have to start from the beginning of the chapter. I used to have that sort of patience when I was new to the game, but now not even Ninian's rings make it secure enough for my liking.

Try someone who isn't that frail. Guy and Joshua aren't the best at taking hits.

How many characters do you know that can beat a unit with 15+ levels and possibly a class change plus WTA and a silver weapon while you have an iron weapon? I'm guessing none. I mean, if you throw a knight in, a silver axe is going to kill them. Merc? Same story as my myrmidons. An axe user? 'Twould be laughable... as long as you aren't the one playing. Basically, the Arena is how the game kills my units, since I usually am overly careful to not let my units get killed.

How many characters do you know that can beat a unit with 15+ levels and possibly a class change plus WTA and a silver weapon while you have an iron weapon? I'm guessing none. I mean, if you throw a knight in, a silver axe is going to kill them. Merc? Same story as my myrmidons. An axe user? 'Twould be laughable... as long as you aren't the one playing. Basically, the Arena is how the game kills my units, since I usually am overly careful to not let my units get killed.

You are using the cartridge, right?

Meh, it's so much boring to do that without save states and all...

Then I recomend only accepting low amounts of mooney. The more you wager the harder it'll be to win.

I've abused the Arena once (Port of Badon, got a 20/20 Raven), but otherwise, I just go in for a couple of levelups as I pass through the area. I don't like risking my units. :( Unlike FESD arenas, which are easy to the point where I get two hundred thousand gold and all units at max level with no risk, but that's off-topic. :P

Dont like it but gives me something to do whilst waiting for supports and is a good way to raise multiple characters so you have 10 severly underleveled units come endgame last playthrough rath athos and hector were my only level 20s

I arena abused in one off the first GBA games I played (FE6 or FE7) and never bothered again because I found the game boring since the enemy phase was just watching the same thing over and over again: My units are killing everything and always survive no matter how ridiculously reckless I was.

Same here. As a wise man once said that unlimited levelling ruins a strategy game.

I arena abuse all the time now. I don't feel it takes the fun out of the game at all. Actually difficulty can more than easiness. I always do awful on tactics unfortunately.

Same here. Tactics is actually more strict in this game than in FE6.

Then I recomend only accepting low amounts of mooney. The more you wager the harder it'll be to win.

I wouldn't recommend wagering above 750. Above 850 enemies carry Silver Weapon and are deathtraps.

-----

I arena abuse in the first two playthroughs ofd each game to find out what the units excels in before I decide who to use in future playthroughs without the arenas. This is suggersted to avoid using bad units. After the second playthrough...I don't bother using the arenas again.

Never arena abuse. Arena is like FE's answer to grinding in traditional RPGs...and I absolutely hate grinding. Anyways it is completely boring, and not only that almost completely takes out what the game is all about 'strategy'. If you abuse and max out all your characters, you are basically invincible and the whole game is a yawnfest.

• 4 weeks later...

Sirius: I arena abused once and never after that.

Same here.

luigi bros: I arena abuse all the time.

Same here.

Wait, what?

To stay on topic I never arena abuse. I also did it once in my first playthrough of Eliwood N but yeah, it got pretty shit afterwards. I don't generally use the arena at all unless I can go there without any loss in turns it would take me to complete the chapter.

I also do it with Batre to get Karla peg knights are fun and he has little defence so they dont end up getting a silver lance + ORKO like with hector or oswin