Prank Phone-Calling people

TLSothe

No, it can sometimes be horribly cruel due to lack of face-to-face interaction. One example is what a friend of mine was saying - she called a random number, and it happened to be an old lady whose daughter had apparently run away for some few months. The old lady mistook her for her own daughter and thought that she had finally called home.

I used to do it with my friends when we were like 12 because we thought we were top shit. School camps and birthday parties were where it happened most.

Now it's just lost its fun. We've got better things to do than waste our phone credit on telling some random they're pregnant.

THe last time I done it was I was 7 or 8 years old. I made a bomb threat to a business telling them there was a bomb on the roof of their business and the lady was like "Where?!" And I said "The bomb...ITS UP YOUR ASS!!!" I laughed and hang up the phone. The next call was from my local police department.

I've never done one before, but my dad has many times to his siblings and parents as some dumb southern guy.

On a band trip this one dude also prank called random numbers that popped up on sign ads everywhere.

I've never personally done it, but I witnessed a really hilarious one once. I don't waste my time on those kind of things. Because while it's hilarious for the person doing it, it can be really irritating to the people receiving the call.

Someone called my friend's phone when were riding a bus together. My friend didn't know who it was, so another guy took the phone and called the person back, eventually leaving a message. He then started accusing the person of being a Russian communist who was working with a network of spies to infiltrate the U.S. And he did the whole thing with an exaggerated British/French accent. Later, he called him back and explained how his partner Harry had been eliminated and his other partner John was "eating tea and crumpets for eternity". Then the dude answered the phone, and the guy on the bus said his name was Brecht or something. Me and my friend were like, "oh crap" because it was a guy we knew named Bret. Needless to say, we haven't told Bret about that ordeal yet.

My friend and I used to. It was never anything serious; heck, it was never anything that made sense. We'd call our teacher from the bus after school, mumble something like "One by one, the penguins slowly steal our sanity," and hang up. We didn't even think it was that hilarious- we were just really bored.

Though if I were ever to make one last prank call, it would definitely be, "Is your refrigerator running?"

Lost the urge when I was about 11, but I have discovered something more fun. Wait for someone to prank call you and prank them instead. Yell at them, then pretend that someone in the room with you did something and you are yelling at them, then hit something really loud and scream "oh my God he's dead" in a different voice.