Ugh, more server problems.

Jyosua

For those having problems validating your account, request a new one and it'll likely work. At least it did for me on my email change.

Also I don't know whether it's relieving or not to see that this place hasn't changed in maturity levels at all.

As for Josh, you know what your mistake was, and it was stupid, and I think that you know that this could potentially really hurt Serene's Forest. But it's better that you did this with a site you're running on your own than a site that someone else has you running. Next time you're getting warnings, follow them. Better to be safe than sorry.

Edited by Crystal Shards

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For those having problems validating your account, request a new one and it'll likely work. At least it did for me on my email change.

Also I don't know whether it's relieving or not to see that this place hasn't changed in maturity levels at all.

As for Josh, you know what your mistake was, and it was stupid, and I think that you know that this could potentially really hurt Serene's Forest. But it's better that you did this with a site you're running on your own than a site that someone else has you running. Next time you're getting warnings, follow them. Better to be safe than sorry.

The thing was, the only warning I ever got was from Ed, and no offense to him, but last time I listened to his advice, it landed us with Sarora hosting, which he effectively forced out of business soon after. I didn't listen to his advice for that reason.

The thing was, the only warning I ever got was from Ed, and no offense to him, but last time I listened to his advice, it landed us with Sarora hosting, which he effectively forced out of business soon after. I didn't listen to his advice for that reason.
And every other time you've listened to my advice has gone swimmingly. Plus I have way more experience with this shit than you, in a professional capacity, and my track record is way better than yours.

And--what, are you dumb, Josh? "Back up your shit" is common sense. It's advice that shouldn't need to be given because it should be obvious. It shouldn't matter who gives you that advice because it's just that fucking basic.

Have-a-nice-day.

Edited by Urist McHammerdwarf

Hold the phone. I also gave warnings that you were in a bad position, both with Sarora (which is a strike on Ed, but he's still batting around .750) and your new provider (logs available once I'm home if necessary), and as Ed stated, dual backups are common sense.

You're over-generalizing.

The RD board lost a shitload of data, including...

RF's character rankings

The tier list (according to RF, around 1000 posts. Some of us are still trying to get it back together)

Those are the main two.

The debate board also lost a damn ton of debates, including Mordy vs Ranulf :(

I can't imagine what happened to the SD board's 127+ pages of tier lists >_>

The creator actually hung himself? I would have thought that sort of thing would have made it to the newspapers.

Oh, but it is funny.

Yeah. Hanging yourself because your shit got hack Come on! It wasn't like he held a top position in a multi-billion dollar business on Wall Street! Who the fuck he thought he was, David Kellerman?

Oh well, the strongest, the brave, and the wise live on. The fools, the weak, and the cowards burn out and die. Thank you, Darwin!

Also, Jyosua (funny how I have a username similiar to yours), its fine. Sure, most of us are kinda pissed at losing the data, but its not the end of the world.

I think tons of people had to create new accounts. I'd say around 200.

Yeah. Hanging yourself because your shit got hack Come on! It wasn't like he held a top position in a multi-billion dollar business on Wall Street! Who the fuck he thought he was, David Kellerman?

The guy probably just felt quite shitty about himself.

Edited by Joshybear25

Oh well, the strongest, the brave, and the wise live on. The fools, the weak, and the cowards burn out and die. Thank you, Darwin!

It's a cultural thing; he was Indian, and Asian cultures seem pretty big on suicide. That, and he was still coping with his mother and sister hanging themselves five years ago (that comes from the INQuirer).

Some sources state he was on the depressive side majorly after their deaths. Couple that with the responsibility that came with the theft, and now you're the one fingers get pointed at.

The sheer intelligence, it will be a wonder the day you die.

DavidCarradine.jpg

For shame...

And before anyone starts crying and saying shit like "Too soon" and "how heartless" remember this: Suicide is a pussy, cowardly act. Yes, I feel sorry for the guy's family and friends and anyone affected by it, but it is not enough to consider suicide. Boo fuckin' damn woo. Some fuckin' fatfuck basement dewelling loser hacked my servers! I'm gonna kill myself!

Interesting approach.

Question: Why? Why is suicide viewed in such a light? I wanna hear your thoughts.

It's a cultural thing; he was Indian, and Asian cultures seem pretty big on suicide. That, and he was still coping with his mother and sister hanging themselves five years ago (that comes from the INQuirer).

Wow. Now I feel like a jackass for mocking this dude. I mean, if I knew he was coping with the lost of his family and how the cultural aspect of this, then I wouldn't be doing this.

Some sources state he was on the depressive side majorly after their deaths. Couple that with the responsibility that came with the theft, and now you're the one fingers get pointed at.

The sheer intelligence, it will be a wonder the day you die.

And why so? What would be so wonderful on my day of death? Will I wind up killing myself because I let my customers and workers' information get stolen? Will I wind up gettin' kill by a cop because I went on a rampage at my school and shoot up a few kids? Tell me, oh mystical clairvoyant, what does your crystal ball predict on my fate being sealed?

Like I say, I am now starting to feel sorry for the man because two members of his kin killed themselves a few years ago. If I knew about that ahead of time, I wouldn't be a complete asshole about his death.

Interesting approach.

Question: Why? Why is suicide viewed in such a light? I wanna hear your thoughts.

I believe George Carlin when he said "You can joke and talk about anything in a light matter as long as the context of the matter is right in your heart" or whatever he said.

To Snow:

That would be more impressive...if you didn't basically say "because I'm only joking."

What I wanna know are your true thoughts on the matter. Nothing more and nothing less.

Edited by Hibari

To Snow:

That would be more impressive...if you didn't basically say "because I'm only joking."

What I wanna know are your true thoughts on the matter. Nothing more and nothing less.

My true thoughts? Okay, what is so fuckin' goddamn terrible in this world that you wanna remove yourself from it? So you fucked up, big goddamn fuckin' deal! It still doesn't give you the right to kill yourself. By this man killing himself, he just prove to the hacker(s) that he was weak and had no better way to deal with the matter.

See, I laugh and mock those who take the easy way out instead of going through the test. I laugh when fuckin' angst-ridden teenagers hang themselves and blow their brains out when somebody said something mean about them online. I laugh at those who kill themselves because they had no better business living and breathing.

Welcome to the real world, you're not the only one here, asshole. Don't make your problems make you who you are and decide how your life (or death) should be.

My true thoughts? Okay, what is so fuckin' goddamn terrible in this world that you wanna remove yourself from it? So you fucked up, big goddamn fuckin' deal! It still doesn't give you the right to kill yourself. By this man killing himself, he just prove to the hacker(s) that he was weak and had no better way to deal with the matter.

See, I laugh and mock those who take the easy way out instead of going through the test. I laugh when fuckin' angst-ridden teenagers hang themselves and blow their brains out when somebody said something mean about them online. I laugh at those who kill themselves because they had no better business living and breathing.

Welcome to the real world, you're not the only one here, asshole. Don't make your problems make you who you are and decide how your life (or death) should be.

What test? Religiously, suicide is not the easy way out, it is only the stupid way out.

Basically... you're speaking like a little man :(

And why so? What would be so wonderful on my day of death? Will I wind up killing myself because I let my customers and workers' information get stolen? Will I wind up gettin' kill by a cop because I went on a rampage at my school and shoot up a few kids? Tell me, oh mystical clairvoyant, what does your crystal ball predict on my fate being sealed?

Like I say, I am now starting to feel sorry for the man because two members of his kin killed themselves a few years ago. If I knew about that ahead of time, I wouldn't be a complete asshole about his death.

First, it's not really a matter of context. Using that as an excuse for your behaviour does not make your behaviour correct in any way. The matter has no changed, only your subjective perception of it. Bias.

It will be a good day because that's one more idiotic train of thought that's wiped :[

Leave your opinion at your front door. Don't take it outside where your mind doesn't matter. Your reality is not actuality.

Edited by Celice

At this point the topic has gotten so far off course that I may as well stick a fork in it. If any other staffers have something relevant to add, they have the ability to do so.