Fire Emblem - Girls

Celice

I found this hack about an half-hour ago. It seems rather cracked up. It has a bunch of girls from the GBA portion of the series with a lot of neat ASM tricks: there are items that allow you to change classes like you could in New Ankoku (FEDS), limited to a select number. It resets your level, so you can think of it as another promotion. There's a large number of animations imported from the three GBA games, including MK404's hack even (Linoan's)--and some new music too, mostly some tunes from Fire Emblem Gaiden. Units can remove like they could in the SFC games--newer games call it Canto. Thieves sounded as if they could steal items and the like as they could in Thracia. The battle formulas were redone, I think. There's a slew of skills from what I could get out of the readme, including Shooting Star, Moonlight, and the like. It's just really in-depth and I don't have to skills to actually translate the thing, so I suggest you guys give it a go. The readme itself can be found here in a filler post.

Download can be found here: http://febin.so.land.to/ (check for release FE0737). Apply to the original (J) ROM of Seima (Fire Emblem 8).

FE8_GIRLS_02.png

Ninian protects Eirik from Valter...

FE8_GIRLS_03.png

Ninian and Eirik flee Valter's troops, and female Axe Fighters are in pursuit!

FE8_GIRLS_04.png

Lanky as they are, axes are in use.

FE8_GIRLS_05.png

Valter does not let up--here he continues after the fleeing Princess...! Eirik needs to retreat north of the gate to finish the chapter and stay out of Valter's range.

FE8_GIRLS_06.png

Start: Chapter 1

FE8_GIRLS_07.png

Female Myrmidon about to die.

FE8_GIRLS_08.png

New chapters...?

The save included at the root of the archive opens to a debug map. I would suggest restarting that to begin the game, as I think there was something about a bug on certain difficulties or something. You can test out the promotions/class switching/mage-becoming in the debug map as well as play around with a few of the new animations and adjustments. In the sound room you can listen to some of the new tracks, but they're not really listed, so you'll just have to listen for some new tunes.

The skills introduced are largely lifts from Souen and Akatsuki (FE9;10), but they're intact. I think they're relative to the class rather than character, as original skills in Seima worked that way.

Meant to post it here first, but forums were down :/

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not finding the difficulty too bad (I'm on Chapter 10), but I have no idea how I'm supposed to recruit Farina. I assume she replaces Cormag, but Tana doesn't recruit her for some reason.

EDIT: Figured out that Fiona could. I feel so stupid :P

The team right now:

Lyn (Level 17 Lord): She's alright. Defense is too low, but her strength is turning out ok. About how she was in FE7

Fiora (Level 2 Greatknight): Incredible. All her stats are extremely high, with not a single weakness. Recommended

Limstella (Level 15 Magethief): Magethief is an interesting concept. Works pretty well, because she can defend herself well too (She has 14 defense for some reason...)

Ninian (Level 15 Dancer): Broken. Getting a dancer so early in the game, and one that can heal is just a godsend

Serra (Level 19 Cleric): Going to promote soon. Probably going to be a Valkyrie

Guivenere (Level 15 Wyvern Rider): Had to baby a lot as a trainee, but she can hold her own right now at least. Defense is still low

Karla (Level 1 Swordmaster): Another excellent unit. Comes early, and consistently stays epic. Also recommended

Priscilla (Level 7 Paladin): I don't know if mine was blessed, but she doesn't have a single stat under 20 save Luck (Which is still 16). Recommended

Echidna (Level 1 Warrior): Had to baby for a chapter, but then she ended up being one of my best units after that. Recommended

Eirika was Level 20 before the route split, and she was about on par with Lyn.

EDIT: Chapter 10 is ridiculously stupid. Cecilla always rescues one of her fellow NPCs, and then ATTACKS a Myrmidon that doubles her, leaving her at critical health for another enemy to finish her off. My god, I hate this level.

Edited by IOS

Your Priscilla was lucky. After about 7 level ups and no speed growth she was dropped in place of Fiora. Epic team set up so far I'm on chapter 9 because well I got lazy. Great people so far and on chapter 7 I got the shaman Anna since Neimi I forget her name is great.

Its much better then ChinaFE. New classes, a skill system, new chapters, it changes much more then ChinaFE did. And Chapter 10 is incredibly epic. There's a twist near the end that I guarantee will make you panic. Its incredible. Definitely recommend playing it. Pretty sure it stops at Chapter 12 though, as I don't see any changes to it.

Edited by IOS

In the readme it says "The current "11" can be played through. Sorry it up in small amounts, even better to play more,

Please stop in 11 chapters. I really sorry for late updates." So yes, I would assume that this is a beta. Hopefully they'll change the cast around a bit for the next update because characters from the GBA games that are in their wrong classes half the time doesn't make for the most exciting cast...

I'm in the prologue. How the heck are you even supposed get through it when Valter will just 1RKO you *ss up!?

You can use Ninian as a decoy. ^^

Although I have found that that isn't necessary if you place Eirika at the very edge of the boss's range and wait for her to kill him during the enemy phase. Then all you have to do is rush for the "exit".

Edited by Fireman

Silly Japanese with their FE girl/Limstella fetishes.

I beat Ch1, I love hacks when they're creative, especially map changes are very nice.

Oh, NPC torches and an FE5 map...cute.

Edited by Mekkah

Silly Japanese with their FE girl/Limstella fetishes.

I beat Ch1, I love hacks when they're creative, especially map changes are very nice.

Oh, NPC torches and an FE5 map...cute.

My favorite part of the hack was recognizing maps from the other games. As you already know, 8x from FE5 is present as well as Chapter 6 from FE5 too. Then there's a map from FE9, and Chapters 10/16 from FE1 as well.

Edited by IOS

My favorite part of the hack was recognizing maps from the other games. As you already know, 8x from FE5 is present as well as Chapter 6 from FE5 too. Then there's a map from FE9, and Chapters 10/16 from FE1 as well.

Can you piece together some screens of the maps :?

Edited by Celice

anyone know who to use to recruit amelia? i tried using lyn but no dice :(

I say use Tana she should get her on your side.

Priscilla seems really really really good so far. Canto in GBA setting when you have a dancer available is just too broken for words, and her durability is among the top too. I'm using Wendy and Clarine, they're quite fine too. I dropped Karla since she didn't want to gain str at all in any of the 4 level-ups I gave her.

Why does this hack like Bronze weapons so much?

I dunno maybe they wanna spread the xp around or something. I use them for weakening the enemies after Wendy, Karla, and Neimi promoted.

Can you piece together some screens of the maps :?

Unfortunately, I only have a savefile from where the patch ends (Chapter 11), and the beta save only shows maps that were in the original game. I'll make sure to take some screens on my next playthrough though.

Is there anyone bored enough to translate the readme to English?

I beat Ch9,

accidentally killed off Amelia but who cares about her anyway. My characters are insanely broken now, except Lyn who is pretty bad imo. I do enjoy multiple use stat boosters and promo items, as well as the hidden treasure, the FE1 maps, the massively rich level-ups, and above all, moving after attacking. Some of it is so broken it's not funny, especially considering Ninian is there all the time.

I laughed at the dude using Eclipse on Lyn and her gang then vanishing in Ch8.

Edited by Mekkah