Mistakes or errors on the site

VincentASM

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A slight error I noticed while screwing around with AR codes in path of radiance.

The site lists Tibarn's chapter 17-4 and 28 death quotes as being the same:

"(Chapter 17, 28)
Tibarn: ...Urk! Impossible... Looks like I need to pull back." from here.

This is the correct quote for 17-4, but his chapter 28 quote is different:

"Oof! I can't believe I'm saying this, but... I must withdraw."

Proof: This Video (chapter 28 quote starts at 1:30).

http://serenesforest.net/fe10/recruit.html

This page lists Fiona's recruitment as being "Automatically if she survived Chapter 6-2"

That should obviously say 1-6-2.

If you actually look at the top of the section that Fiona's recruitment comes under, it says "Part 1: Silver-Haired Maiden". Thus, when it says that she is recruited automatically if she survived Chapter 6-2, it's obviously referring to Chapter 6-2 of Part 1 (and therefore, there's no reason to change it).

If you actually look at the top of the section that Fiona's recruitment comes under, it says "Part 1: Silver-Haired Maiden". Thus, when it says that she is recruited automatically if she survived Chapter 6-2, it's obviously referring to Chapter 6-2 of Part 1 (and therefore, there's no reason to change it).

Still irrelevant since the condition is redundant. Not to mention that's inconsistent with every other character being described by part X chapter Y.

It is pretty obvious that the one is implicit so I would agree that it doesn't need to be changed to 1-6-2. On the other hand, Tables is right, though. It's still not necessary if it would give a game over anyway.

Edit: Ninja'd

Edited by Walhart

This is however entirely irrelevant as it's a game over if she dies in 1-6-2, and therefore, no note on her recruitment is really needed.

It's still not necessary if it would give a game over anyway.

It's nice to know when a character joins you.

Hypothetically, if she doesn't survive the chapter she won't be recruited. Therefore she is "automatically" recruited at the end of the chapter since she HAS to survive.

edit: Never mind, I get it now. :facepalm: "if she survived" just needs to be changed to "at the end of".

edit 2: Good lord, if I would just LOOK. ._. It is completely redundant. It has the chapter. HURRAY USELESS POST

Edited by Tsamimi

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/script/boss1.html

The script has problems in various places; where ellipses or quotation marks should be, there's out of place letters and gibberish.

Edit: Seems that's not the only page with issues... This page has a couple too.

In addition, these quotes are only used by Lekain when he's using his area affecting silence attack:

Lekain: Ta ha haaa! Bathe in my radiance!

Lekain: I cast you out, defier of Ashera's will!

Lekain: Be silent in the presence of your betters! Silence for Ashera!

Edited by Levant Fortner

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/everyone.html

Under "Listening In", there should be a fifth point for the miscellaneous events that don't have any gameplay effect.

And, a question: is it worthwhile noting that the Avatar doesn't get the sparkly birthday screen, unless they have the same birthday as another character? The latter part is rather interesting; both characters appear on the bottom screen.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/script/boss1.html

The script has problems in various places; where ellipses or quotation marks should be, there's out of place letters and gibberish.

Edit: Seems that's not the only page with issues... This page has a couple too.

Uh-oh, it seems the encoding went all weird.

BTW, what's the second link supposed to be?

And, a question: is it worthwhile noting that the Avatar doesn't get the sparkly birthday screen, unless they have the same birthday as another character? The latter part is rather interesting; both characters appear on the bottom screen.

That's interesting.

I wouldn't have known that since I share Henry's birthday.

BTW, what's the second link supposed to be?

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe10/script/boss2.html

Another page with a few errors (not as much as the first, though). I must've screwed up when linking to that page..

Edited by Levant Fortner

Posting some ancient stuff here: FE12's Bond Drop

Increases the support bonus from all support partners to the maximum available rank. Also unlocks all the character's base conversations with most characters, except in the case of My Unit, where it only affects Marth, Ryan, Luke, Rody and Katarina.

For example, if Catria consumes this item, her support bonus from Marth, My Unit, Minerva and Palla will be instantly raised to A, while her support bonus from Cain will be raised to B. The base conversations Catria and Chris 1-3, Minerva and Catria 1-3, Palla and Catria 1-3 can also be viewed instantly, but for some reason Catria and Est 1-3 cannot be viewed.

Said this long ago, but Bond Drop only affects the support-ee, not the support-er.

So let's take a look case by case:

Chris: supports everyone, supported by just Marth and a few 7th Platoon members. Therefore, Bond Drop only unlocks a few conversations when used on Chris.

Catria: supports Est, but not supported by Est (this holds for many leader/follower and older/younger siblings). Therefore, using Bond Drop on her won't unlock her conversation with Est - you'll need to use it on Est.

http://www.serenesforest.net/fe13/char_base_spotpass.html

at the moment this page claims Cecilia starts with Magic +2 and Rally Magic; she actually starts with Resistance +2 and Rally Resistance (no problems with Demoiselle and Tomefaire, of course)

Edited by bookofholsety

Other script errors in RD's boss convo page:

Geoffrey: Rebel forces! I am Geoffrey, commander of the Royal Knights of Crimea! Further resistance is futile! Her Majesty the queen promises leniency and means you no harm! Listen to me! You must yield!

Geoffrey: Grr... The queen lives to serve you! Why can’t you see that?!

These are how it should be. (At least, I THINK that's how the first one should be; I'm very sure on the second.)

Edited by Levant Fortner

Sorry, what's the mistake exactly? o__o

Haven't played FE10 in ages.

In the first one "Majesty" wasn't capitalized. The second one was missing a question mark after "Why can't you see that?!". (Those errors are also on the Fire Emblem Wiki on Tashoria's page)

Edited by Levant Fortner

• 2 weeks later...

In FE7, there is an extra scene in "Cog of Destiny" if you chose not to take the "Night of Farewells" sidequest, which I did not find on http://serenesforest.net/fe7/script/script_29B_h.html

Therefore, I suggest adding the following text to the beginning of that page, after the "chapter title is displayed", as I can confirm that it does occur on Hector's tale, with Lloyd as the boss.

If you did not do Night of Farewells:

Nergal: Ah, Sonia... So you botched the assassination of the prince, did you?

Sonia: Ah... My lord, it was--

Nergal: The king is in a dark and terrible mood over your failure. I've a message from him severing all his ties to the Black Fang. And then we have Eliwood. He invaded my fortress and annihilated the Black Fang itself? Have I misplaced my trust in you?

Sonia: Lo-Lord Nergal. I regret to inform you that the Black Fang is indeed no more. However, I have a plan for a new group. My next--

Nergal: Ah... You believe there is to be a “next”?

Sonia: Here! Look at this!

Nergal: This is... magnificent quintessence.

Sonia: It comes from Brendan Reed, the Black Fang commander. He was sniffing around where he shouldn't have been, so I killed him.

Nergal: I see... This is Brendan's-- Ha ha ha ha!

Sonia: Do you like it?

Nergal: Yes. Yes, I do. This is strong quintessence, and yet you say you killed him? You are quite... …..

Sonia: Um... What is it, my lord?

Nergal: Your side... Are you injured?

Sonia: Oh, yes. When Brendan resisted, he...

Nergal: I see... He wounded you.

Sonia: Lord... Lord Nergal?

Nergal: I've no need for a defective puppet.

Sonia: Pardon? Pu-Puppet?

Nergal: Sonia, you're a failed work. You're no match for Limstella in any way.

Sonia: !!

Nergal: Disperse.

Two red flashes

(Continue to Lloyd's scene)

Edited by Paper Jam

In the soundtrack section, The Best Vol. 1, Disk 2, the track "Ending 2" of Gaiden is unexpectedly truncated about 8 seconds in, as well as in the ZIP file. It should be 2:41, with intact footer (Which, as you would expect in a truncated file, is missing.). Regrettably, I do not have a replacement for the file available as yet, I will post a link if I can find one... But I will probably forget to do so, so do not rely on me doing so.

Edited by unknowen9000

This one:

"Carlyle:
Do not lay a hand on my queen!

Carlyle:
Don't get so incensed. I'm not going to harm her. I'm not like that freak Valter. I'm kind to women. But if you make a wrong move, you'll lose your prize. Understood?

Carlyle:
Yes..."

I am pretty sure the name is switched around, should be Caellach

In the soundtrack section, The Best Vol. 1, Disk 2, the track "Ending 2" of Gaiden is unexpectedly truncated about 8 seconds in, as well as in the ZIP file. It should be 2:41, with intact footer (Which, as you would expect in a truncated file, is missing.). Regrettably, I do not have a replacement for the file available as yet, I will post a link if I can find one... But I will probably forget to do so, so do not rely on me doing so.

Oh dear, I probably don't have a replacement either.

I'll keep it in mind though, thanks.