Serenes Forest Picture Thread

Raven

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I have one of the coolest cameras in the world right now. :3

It's shit quality and no one cares but here are some photos anyway. gonna go out tomorrow and take more pictures in daylight.

Untitled-Copy.jpg

That image reminds me of this book. I wonder if linking to amazon works?

51WGbRUwY6L._SS500_.jpg

that book looks so 90s.

but hey! the picture is from the 90s too. Pickle surprise, it's an awesome video.

That image reminds me of this book. I wonder if linking to amazon works?

51WGbRUwY6L._SS500_.jpg

Oh wow, one of the people that used to share the account with me on GF (I stopped using the account like a few months ago so I could make my own; it is confusing to have like 4 people posting on the same one!) is a teacher and I remember him telling me that this tetralogy was suggested as a series to write about by one of his students (on an off note, this sounds like a much more fun set-up than when I was in school; we did not get to decide what books we got to read!). To make a long story short, he said it was the worst series of essays collectively that they had ever written. It makes me want to read the books after seeing that cover <_<.

Also I am posting in the second picture thread! I was confused when I saw another one pop up there, and then I noticed it is actually much older than mine! Weeeeird stuff :o.

Edited by Tangerine

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow, one of the people that used to share the account with me on GF (I stopped using the account like a few months ago so I could make my own; it is confusing to have like 4 people posting on the same one!) is a teacher and I remember him telling me that this tetralogy was suggested as a series to write about by one of his students (on an off note, this sounds like a much more fun set-up than when I was in school; we did not get to decide what books we got to read!). To make a long story short, he said it was the worst series of essays collectively that they had ever written. It makes me want to read the books after seeing that cover <_<.

Also I am posting in the second picture thread! I was confused when I saw another one pop up there, and then I noticed it is actually much older than mine! Weeeeird stuff :o.

Jack Vance is an excellent sci fi writer IMO who a lot of the time. He's written a lot of good stuff, if you're interested I can give you recommendations. However, I did not enjoy the Tschai books that much (only read the first two actually). IMO they are some of the most pulpy sci-fi stuff he has written and do the least to mess around with the sci fi genre. My favorite books by him are the Alastor series, Tales of Dying Earth, the Demon Princes series and the Cadwal Chronicles (I actually haven't finished those yet).

If you have ever heard of a "grue", those originally come from the Tales of Dying Earth, which I believe has been a major inspiration for roleplaying games ever since.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So... on March 31st last year I went on this hike and took a picture of one of its waterfalls and it's real pretty so I wanna put it on here. But I also went back there yesterday and took pics of it again which is what made me want to start this post in the first place.

There's a couple more things in there from yesterday too.

From March 31, 2010

(Also my favorite pic that I've ever taken ever. When I looked at the tiny screen of my phone after I took it the water looked like glowing ice.)

DSC00801.jpg

This next one is from yesterday; some of it had frozen into ice over the winter it looked pretty cool.

Oh wow I thought my first pic looked like ice and next time I come here there is ice!!!

DSC01320.jpg

My attempt at recreating my first pic but the sun's lower than last time and I had to try get closer. It was hard though cause I had to step onto the ice and I kept slipping =D It's also moving much faster than last year cause of the huge meltdown Indiana's just had and the snow's made a bit of flooding here.

Oh hey how'd my dad get in there? xD

DSC01321.jpg

The ice looks pretty cool here! Also you can see a spot where you could set a cup into XD

DSC01324.jpg

2 more pics looking at the ice and waterfall from different angles

DSC01325.jpg

DSC01330.jpg

We saw deer yesterday. There were 2 but the first went over the hill already by the time I got my phone out.

DSC01332.jpg

On our way home we saw the clouds all wavy-like in the distance. Thought it looked pretty cool =)

DSC01333.jpg

EDIT: Maybe I should post pics of my doggy too I really wanna now =]

EDIT EDIT: Doggy. Luckily all that snow's gone.

pic_2.png

Edited by Freohr Datia

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[spoiler=For those of you who appreciate just how hard it is to turn a classroom into a pirate ship]

Before

30usnmc.jpg

After

jpblp2.jpg