Music?

irock708

What kind of music do you all listen to?

I listen to mostly rock, although I do tread into the waters of pop, classical, SOME rap, very little R&B, and yeahhhh. Of course, I also listen to video game music.

I mostly have rock on my iPod, though. I also like showtunes. Like, musicals and such.

My favorite genres are alternative and indie rock.

Some of my favorite bands are Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Death Cab for Cutie, Decemberists, Endless Sporadic, Interpol, Jack's Mannequin, Mindless Self Indulgence, My Chemical Romance, Postal Service, Quietdrive, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Relient K, Shins, Silversun Pickups, System of a Down, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, and underOATH.

Your turn.

Eh, I like everything pretty much. No joke, I listen to stuff like Britney Spears then go and listen to death metal or something. It's great! I also like VG music and movie soundtracks and stuff. If I like the sound of something I like it, I'm not going to go hating it because everyone else does D:

Aw, yeah, I also like movie soundtracks of certain movies. It reallly depends, though. Like some musical scores bore me. Although certain tracks will always get me (yay Pirates theme and Harry Potter theme).

I love the soundtracks to indie films. They are usually pretty damn awesome.

(Jap) Rock/Pop/Alternative pretty much

Same, as you may already know.

Here's an image of my most listened to songs I used in a thread that was wiped, it should give some sort of idea...

screenshotoftopsongs.png

I'll listen to anything that doesn't suck. By "suck", I mean bullshit genres like R&B, rap, hip hop and other things like that. This is mainly because I do not appreciate music made in under ten minutes. Seriously, that's how long it takes for people to come up with shit like R&B - you have a computer and a keyboard, find an eight-beat backing, get a singer, and voila, you have a song. I prefer listening to music with a bit of sophistication - this is where the classical/actually-played-with-a-real-instrument genre comes in.

On the side, I like to listen to a little bit of rock. I'm unfamiliar with the genre, however (what the fuck is indie rock, anyway?).

I'll listen to anything that doesn't suck. By "suck", I mean bullshit genres like R&B, rap, hip hop and other things like that. This is mainly because I do not appreciate music made in under ten minutes. Seriously, that's how long it takes for people to come up with shit like R&B - you have a computer and a keyboard, find an eight-beat backing, get a singer, and voila, you have a song. I prefer listening to music with a bit of sophistication - this is where the classical/actually-played-with-a-real-instrument genre comes in.

On the side, I like to listen to a little bit of rock. I'm unfamiliar with the genre, however (what the fuck is indie rock, anyway?).

If you're calling the genre of rap into question, you don't know shit about rap.

Franz Ferdinand anyone?

I have a passion for 80s Glam Rock, dunno why.

But, I can hear to most things, depending on the place. I mean, even bands like MCR and Fall Out Boy.

Although I dislike bands such as Coldplay and Radiohead.

"Indie" is a label used for "independent." It usually refers to low-budget stuff and relatively underground music. Of course, alternative and indie can be somewhat synonymous terms considering some indie bands get quite popular even for an indie band. Franz Ferdinand is considered indie, but they're popular enough so that people hear them on the radio, making them alternative.

And, yes, I listen to Franz Ferdinand. I haven't gotten any new music from them after You Could Have It So Much Better, though.

And as for the question about rap, most rap nowadays does, indeed, suck. But when it comes to stuff like N.W.A. and other classic rap artists, they're not all that bad. I prefer old school rap to the modern crap that comes out of our radio stations nowadays because it's all been the same after the classic rappers started the oh-so-popular trend of talking about either money, "bein' a gangsta'", hos, or just some other retarded topic that no one else could care about.

"Indie" is a label used for "independent." It usually refers to low-budget stuff and relatively underground music. Of course, alternative and indie can be somewhat synonymous terms considering some indie bands get quite popular even for an indie band. Franz Ferdinand is considered indie, but they're popular enough so that people hear them on the radio, making them alternative.

And, yes, I listen to Franz Ferdinand. I haven't gotten any new music from them after You Could Have It So Much Better, though.

And as for the question about rap, most rap nowadays does, indeed, suck. But when it comes to stuff like N.W.A. and other classic rap artists, they're not all that bad. I prefer old school rap to the modern crap that comes out of our radio stations nowadays because it's all been the same after the classic rappers started the oh-so-popular trend of talking about either money, "bein' a gangsta'", hos, or just some other retarded topic that no one else could care about.

I like Day n' Nite.

I like Day n' Nite.
I don't know that one.

Did I mention that I don't listen to the radio any more? Lol.

After listening to it a few times through friends at uni, I grew resilient to not liking it, so now I can listen to it without cringing. All is well.

Some of my favorite bands are Arctic Monkeys, Coldplay, Daft Punk, Death Cab for Cutie, Decemberists, Endless Sporadic, Interpol, Jack's Mannequin, Mindless Self Indulgence, My Chemical Romance, Postal Service, Quietdrive, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Relient K, Shins, Silversun Pickups, System of a Down, Ted Leo and the Pharmacists, and underOATH.

Yes. I hate trying to pick what subgenres I like because usually what I listen to is the odd-ball out. If I were to pick a band that probably has all the essentials that the rest of the rock I listen to has, I'd pick Joy Division. Sparser sound (at least in the recording), morbid/interpretable (some say pretentious, idgaf) lyrics, avoids the verse/chorus/verse/chorus structure like the plague, break-away from standards of the time. Outside of rock, though it's whatever; I just have to be introduced to something right. For example, I found Kode9 & The Spacemonkey's Memories of the future in of myself - I'd never predict that I would like dubstep-esque music, but nevertheless. Most forms of electronica appeal to me vastly, whatever that may say.

Pretty much everything. I have no standards.

It's true. I respect you the more for it bro, I dislike being so petulantly and randomly picky D:

Edited by Crepe Knight

Well, Franz Ferdinand is indeed one of the more famous indies.

You should listen to Ulysses and No You Girls, their last two singles. It's quite awesome, as well as the full version of Lucid Dreams(MADE OF GLORY)

Metal. I really love love love metal. Black metal not so much though. But Death metal is my true love in the genre of metal as a whole.

Also goth rock (The Cult, Bauhaus, etc) and Industrial.

Grunge (Not Nirvana) and just anything else that sounds good to me.

Mostly metal, ranging from old school metal like Black Sabbath to black metal like Venom, Mayhem and Burzum to avant-garde like uneXpect and Sigh. The only ones I dislike are nu metal, metalcore and most glam metal.

I also listen to some indie. Some hip hop songs are also pretty decent.

Aw, why don't you like Glam Metal, CF? Just because it's the most lame subgenre ever(lolbandnames), they still had some good bands.

A few.

...Close to none, but still

Aw, why don't you like Glam Metal, CF? Just because it's the most lame subgenre ever(lolbandnames), they still had some good bands.

A few.

...Close to none, but still

Twisted Sister is alright when I want a laugh I guess. Europe is fine too.

w8tguo.jpg

... I do not appreciate music made in under ten minutes. Seriously, that's how long it takes for people to come up with shit like R&B - you have a computer and a keyboard, find an eight-beat backing, get a singer, and voila, you have a song. I prefer listening to music with a bit of sophistication - this is where the classical/actually-played-with-a-real-instrument genre comes in.
You don't know what you're talking about. Just stick to thinking it sucks and leave it at that.