FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

As far as the original post goes, anyone interested has likely read through the rest of the thread and would realize to check the site on their own--having part of the title there is enough to get anyone interested to use their search function--as long as they don't suppose the file name will remain the same, and they wouldn't have to do anything more than copy the title and run with it :/

If they can't do that much, I guess they shouldn't be trying to play Japanese hacks anyway... hmm.

Also Celice, I think you should remove the quote box from your first post for superior legibility.

Edited by TheEnd

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm...any chance you could translate the Genealogy of Neir readme? I'm playing through it right now, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I just want to know if their are any details I'm missing.

PS: Celice, could you link me to the videos of the Odo patch on Niconico? I have an account, but searching is obviously hard without any knowledge of Japanese.

Edited by IOS

Hmmm...any chance you could translate the Genealogy of Neir readme? I'm playing through it right now, and I'm enjoying it quite a bit. I just want to know if their are any details I'm missing.

PS: Celice, could you link me to the videos of the Odo patch on Niconico? I have an account, but searching is obviously hard without any knowledge of Japanese.

If all you want is the readme...

http://lensterknight.superbusnet.com/other...eifu/readme.txt

It's pretty much the smallest file there, really (3kb). There's also a character table (Sigurd->Lex, Levin->Sigurd, etc. kind of thing, 3kb), background info on the altered kingdoms (11kb), growths and pairing discussion (30kb) and changelog (48kb). I guess I'll try and translate those eventually...

I just search up 'ファイアーエムブレム' and look for the new stuff, which is usually added daily. By new I mean the hacks (there's also some FEBS footage, I think it's the actual gameplay, including voiceovers and streamed music ^^).

But as for the actual videos, this should be enough: 'アイラさんの系譜.' Just try to view the later ones first if you don't want spoiling, considering that the videos have the newest--thus end-game--stuff listed first. Unless you have your settings changed or something, of course.

Edited by Celice

Oh yes, just for the record... I'm translating the pairing guide for Neir (includes growths), and I'm not sure if they say this anywhere so:

In both Neir and Tordo, all sword skills can miss, and Nihil/Awareness offers no protection against them.

Thank you Celice and TheEnd for your continued support! I wouldn't worry too much about anything else besides the pairing guide though, as the character changes are probably already covered in the guide, the background info is irrelevant for most who can't read Japanese, and the changelog is kind of useless.

Actually, I'd say that the Neir readmes are among the less helpful/complete among the ones I've read.

But either way...

I tried to fix some of the inconsistences (since some character skills, etc. changed after the original text was made), but some might have slipped. Not that I care too much, but.

Edited by TheEnd

This will do perfectly, thank you very much. I think the readme was very helpful, as it provided pretty much all the information I was interested in: Character growth rates, children, some new weapons, etc. The character replacement readme might be helpful on second though, but don't trouble yourself if you think your translation skills would be better utilized elsewhere.

BTW, best part of the readme: "Astra + Astra results in a headache and death." :D

EDIT: Nevermind: "Rana transforms into a motorbike."

Those Japanese have some strange expressions...

Edited by IOS

This will do perfectly, thank you very much. I think the readme was very helpful, as it provided pretty much all the information I was interested in: Character growth rates, children, some new weapons, etc. The character replacement readme might be helpful on second though, but don't trouble yourself if you think your translation skills would be better utilized elsewhere.

Little info on skills, though. Or on leadership (yes, it works differently.)

The replacement list is a mindless job really. And I just noticed that the pure list txt is for an undeveloped Holsety patch, the Neir list is in the (bigger) background data txt.

I'll "translate" just the list, brb.

1st generation

Sigurd	Lex
Noish	Johalvier
Alec	Johan
Arden	Harold
Fin	Asvel
Cuan	Levin
Midayle	Tristan
Levin	Sigurd
Holyn	Hannival
Azel	Leptor
Jamka	Zain
Claude	Shanan
Beowulf	Azel
Lex	Cuan
Dew	Dew
Diadora	Tiltyu
Ethlin	Mahnya
Lache	Diadora
Ayra	Meng
Fury	Adean
Tiltyu	Sylvia
Sylvia	Ayra
Adean	Lachesis
Bridget	Eltoshan

2nd generation

Celice	Arthur
Shanan	Dean
Leaf	Sety
Johan	Carrion
Fin	Asvel
Hanival	Midayle
Aless	Cyas
Oifaye	Brian
Yuria	Ishtar
Althena	Femina
Yohalva	Leaf
Skasaha	Arion
Faval	Aless
Corple	Skasaher
Sety	Celice
Delmud	Yurius
Lester	Delmud
Arthur	Sleuf
Patty	Linoan
Lakche	Eda
Rana	Nanna
Fee	Rana
Tinny	Leen
Leen	Mareeta
Nanna	Yuria

Countries

Lenster	Silesia
Chalphy	Dozel
Velth.	Freege
Jungvy	Nodion
Freege	Edda
Dozel	Lenster
Edda	Isaac
Isaac	Thracia
Nodion	Velthomer
Agust.	Verdane
Verdane	Agustria
Silesia	Chalphy
Thracia	Jungvy
*Barhara and the Lopto church are unaltered

Name differences (like Johalva/Johalvier) aren't because I'm braindead, but rather because of space/format. Too few cases to warrant the bother of double-tabbing.

Edited by TheEnd

Could you translate the readme for the mugshot compression program :?

作成日:2008年6月9日 バージョン2.4

このプログラムは未圧縮SFC画像データを

紋章及び聖戦・トラキアの圧縮形式で圧縮するものです。

圧縮率はゲームで使われている圧縮とほぼ同等です。

使い方

1.紋章形式で圧縮したい人は「紋章圧縮.exe」の上に、

聖戦・トラキア形式で圧縮したい人は「聖戦トラキア圧縮.exe」の上に

圧縮したい未圧縮SFC画像データをドラッグ&ドロップ。

(これらのプログラムをクリックして開くのではありません)

2.圧縮済みのSFC画像データが、元ファイルと同じフォルダに

「元ファイル名.bin」という名前で作られます。

元ファイルの拡張子が.binの場合は圧縮後のデータで上書きされます。

また、既に同名のファイルがある場合は新しいデータで上書きされます。

画像の表示が変なときは、

圧縮前のファイル(必須)

圧縮後のファイル(出来れば欲しい)

バグった画面のzsnesステートセーブデータ(拡張子が.zstのもの)(あるとうれしい)

と共に本スレにご報告下さい。

SFC画像なのにファイルがでかすぎると言われた時も報告して下さい。

FEの顔グラフィックのサイズは800バイト(16進数表記)です。

YY-CHRを使ってZENESのステートセーブデータから切り取った顔グラフィックを

新規作成で貼り付けた場合、そのファイルのサイズは2000バイトとなっています。

800以降の00の羅列は必要の無いので、バイナリエディタで切り取りましょう。

2000の時より若干サイズが縮みます。

戦闘グラフィック等はどこまでが使われている画像なのかわからないので、

ここは要らないだろうと余った00を切り取ると画像がバグったりします。

Crudely, something like this.

Creation date: June 9th, 2008, version 2.4

This program's fuction is to compress uncompressed SFC image data for Monshou and Seisen/Thracia. The compression rate is about the same as that used in the games.

HOW TO USE

1. Those who want to compress into Monshou format must use "monshou compression.exe", while those wanting to compress into Seisen/Thracia format must use "seisen thracia compression.exe." Simply drag and drop the uncompressed SPC image data you want to compress. (You can't click and open with this program.)

2. The compression is done, but a "original filename.bin" file is created in the same folder as the original file. If the original file's extension is already .bin, it'll be overwritten with the post-compression data. Again, if you already have a file with the same name, it'll be overwritten with the new data.

When the image display is odd, report it in the main thread with the pre-compression file (essential), post-compression file (desirable) and a zsnes savestate (.zst extension) of the bugged screen (helpful). Please report when the SFC image is too large.

* FE mugshots have a 800 byte size (written as hexadecimal). If you use YY_CHR to import a mugshot from a ZSNES savestate and attack it to a new project, that file size will around 2,000 bytes. Since the info above 800b isn't necessary, cut that excess with a hex editor.

I don't know how much of the battle graphics is used, so discarding supposedly useless parts of those may result in a bug.

Edited by TheEnd

There's neither a class caps list or a more updated guide. I've hopefully fixed classes, skills and weapon ranks to match the most recent versions, but that's it.

I think the only inconsistency is Zain now having Charge instead of Ambush. Other then that, I'm pretty sure that all the skill stuff is up to date.

You saw nothing. You didn't see Mahnya's Neir blood as minor, either (although the Zain case was probably my mistake, while that one... not really).

A number of pairing analyses became mangled due to skill updates, like Hannival x Ayra. It seems that originally Hannival had Ambush and Nihil, while Ayra had only Continue and Astra. Result? It was a "good pairing."

Now? Well...

Also, if it isn't clear enough... if anyone wants the documentation of a given patch translated, I can try it. I don't garantee speed or accuracy for the ones I haven't played, though.

Random: I guess I'm pretty much done with the Inflation readmes, so I might as well report them here.

Readme | Characters | Classes | Items

Edited by TheEnd

Um do you have a more in-depth items text? Or maybe someone can tell me what is the staff Adean comes with in Neir?

Neir uses FE5 icons, so maybe you can check it in the main site or post a screenshot of the said staff here?

Um do you have a more in-depth items text? Or maybe someone can tell me what is the staff Adean comes with in Neir?

As I said somewhere, Neir's data is among the most incomplete. It only includes the readme, changelog, background info, pairing info and a charlist for a possible Sety patch.

Oh yes, a piece of (possibly) relevant info.

The "new" RM patch is supplementary to the old one. I believe its changes are mostly graphic (mugshots, mainly) in nature.

Huh? Isn't that what I suggested earlier?

Unless I got the patch's name wrong or something o__o

FORGIVE ME LORD VINCENT.

But anyway. You assumed it, but it's said clearly in the readme.

v2.97に当ててください

The changelog's mentions about changes are very generic, though.

Edited by TheEnd

Does anyone know who Eltosian's children are in Genealogy of Neir? I assume he's the one who has children, since he replaced Bridget and all, but who is supposed to pair with him now?

Edited by Angelix