FEBinary programs and hacks in here:

Celice

Well this will give me something to do when I get off work tonight over here. Am I wrong to have some my girl translate the game while I play?

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately it seems like there isn't an updated link on the site for that particular patch (which BTW more accurately translates to "Genealogy of Marth-sama/Lord Marth"). The corresponding Wiki also labels it as being "currently unobtainable".

Edited by VincentASM

Celice, I unapproved your second post because the link you posted contained downloads of ROMs.

I'm going to assume that it was a honest mistake, but you should be aware that Chinese fans regularly link to ROMs instead of patches when it comes to hacks. That's fine for them, but we have our rules here ^^

In that case, here's the list of all the items which were linked to--to make searching for the hacks a little easier, and also to still let people know a few things are out there.

新烈火之剑

风恋夕林版暗黑龙与光之剑

FE8another

FE8plus

FE7patch

Nintenlord_Saga

FE7_if

FE8 女孩版 GIRLS

1235_-_Ostian_Princess.rar

MK404

1235_-_Devourer_of_Time.rar

0389_-_Sword_of_seals.rar

1235_-_Blazer__s_Instrument.rar

0389_-_Curse_of_the_Emblem.rar

1997_-_Binks___Emblem.rar

1997_-_ASD.rar

1235_-_Elibian_Night.rar

1997_-_Gheb.rar

1997_-_Tales_of_the_Emblem_V2.rar

S1235_-_Ambiguous.rar

S1235_-_Sacred_Contention.rar

S1235_-_Tactics_Universe.rar

S1997_-_GorillaGadekSG.rar

战国下天录 1.7 已注册版 日文

战国下天录 1.8B 日文

(man, copy/paste was a bit of a chore, with the forum adding in ad-text with some of the copying XD )

I noticed that you missed a few near the beginning.

逆封印之剑

风恋夕林版火纹乱战

新封印之剑

新圣魔之光石

Yikes, you're right about the crazy amount of ad-text or whatever it is.

0389_-_Sword_of_seals.rar is the English translation of FE6, which was the file I happened to check. It's nice to see non-English fans enjoying English hacks anyway. Usually, it seems to be the other way round : P

Edited by VincentASM

http://febin.so.land.to/src/FE1173.zip

Alright, here is the updated Suikoden hack. A slightly new bit of info,

I feel so foolish asking but is anyone able to translate the info for this game. I am kinda running through blind for pairing but I am content with my choices so far.

Where'd Celice get the list?

It's from a Chinese forum. I won't mention any more, except that IIRC it's a pretty well-known emulation forum, because that particular forum allows ROM downloads.

I don't remember if it matters or not, but sometimes when looking for non-English stuff, you may want to try a search engine tailored for that language specifically, or at least their version of Google. Results tend to be skewed if you use a search engine of a certain origin with a different language.

I also found a large resource of hacking/data resources, but all the resources were dead, and I didn't feel like looking through any way-back-machines to find out more info D:

I feel so foolish asking but is anyone able to translate the info for this game. I am kinda running through blind for pairing but I am content with my choices so far.

Since I suppose that you don't care about the update file and organizing the character stats/growths page is a pain, I'll post only the readme and the extra file about mechanics changes. I hope they're enough.

[spoiler=Readme]

This patch adds Gensou Suikoden's characters into Fire Emblem: Geneology of the Holy War. In other words, it's a different game.

IMPORTANT REMARKS (pre-play)
- Story, setting, characters, terrain, face graphics, etc. are completely changed.
Those who don't want to see Suikoden characters dramatically altered should not play.
- Features characters and countries from Suikoden 1-<my system cannot read the number>.
- Apply this path to a headed, non-patched rom.
- To check system and calculation changes, refer to a different file.
- The use of the "uosnesw" emulator is recommended.
- Please don't redistribute this patch.
- I don't know what bugs may appear, so please understand. Should you find any, I'll gladly receive your reports.
- I don't know what changes I'm going to do in the next versions. Please understand.

IMPORTANT REMARKS (during play)
- Large-scale dialogue changes/suppression. The contents are basically story exposition. You should be able to skip the boring parts with impunity.
- It might be wise to save->reset at the beginning (first turn) of chapters 4, 6 and 10.
- Make sure to get Yuiri paired before the end of 1st gen. Otherwise, a bug is sure to happen.
- The automatic lover growth rates aren't very high. Please make sure to leave the characters you want to pair next to each other.
- No lover convos.
- No Valkyrie Staff.
- The mugshots' borders are rough.
- No lip syncing.
- If nothing happens, skip a turn.
- There might be some surprise kills here and there.
- I've used the branched class change patch. It matters from character to character, but press a button when class changing.
It's possible that some weapons might become unequippable after class change. If you want to be safe, storage all of them before class changing.
- I've used the weapon level extension patch. There are character- and class-locked weapons, as well and infantry- and cavalry-only.
- Various support bonuses, even among enemies. Many are derived from Suikoden's combination attacks.
I've added the critical hit display patch, so it should be easy so notice. Support adds +20 critical.
- There are item-dropping enemies in the arena, but there will be an overload if the fighting character has a full inventory.
If that happens, have the character exit the castle with the cancel button. 
* If this happens more than once, you won't get the item. In that case, another character that wins against that opponent will be able to get the item.

FINALLY
Many thanks for those who provided info, patches and tools.

[spoiler=Mechanics]

CALCULATION CHANGES
- Hit rate: changed Skl x2 to Skl x3
- Attack Speed: Spd - [weight - (Str or Mag /2)] *If [] is <0, it becomes 0
- Cri damage: Damage x3
- Effectiveness: Attack +15
- Leadership radius: 5 squares
- Inheritance: Same sex parent 100% + different sex parent 25%

SKILL CHANGES AND ADDITIONS
- Pursuit: Removed as skill. Activates when AS difference is 5 or more.
- Continue/Adept: Activation rate is Spd/2. Can work with Hero weaponry.
- Astra: Skl% activation, 3 attacks at half damage.
- Luna: Skl% activation, halves defense.
- Ambush/Vantage: If AS is greater than enemy's, character attacks first.
- Shield Defense: Level% activation, halves physical damage.
- Reflect: Level% activation, halves magical damage.
- Wrath: Full crit when below 1/4 HP.
- Awareness/Nihil: Nullifies critical hits and effective weaponry bonus.
- Kiai: Status effects are healed in the next turn.
- Charisma: +10% support bonus at a 5 square range.
- White Sword SKill: Personal reinforcement skill. Attack/Defense +5.
- Earth Warrior: +2 attack and +10 avoid when in a forest, deep forest, mountain or 

desert.
- Village Warrior: +2 attack and +10 avoid when in a village, town, ruins or gate.
- Move again/Canto: It's a magic-based personal skill here. Mounted units don't have 

it as class skill, so beware.

* Sword skills can activate simuntaneously.
* If activated at the same time, the order is: Luna->Astra->Crit->Shield Defense 

(Reflect) *fractions are ignored
* Sword skills don't hit automatically and aren't blocked by Nihil.
* Sword skills can always be inherited.

OTHER
- Minimum damage is 0.
- Weapons with a 3+ range can't counterattack.
- Hel kills characters with 1 HP.
- No magic triangle.
- "Give" command gives up to 10000G.
- "Steal" attack steals up to 3000G.
- Received experience is lowered.
- Arena rewards are: 1000->1000->1000->2000->2000->2000->3000
- Raised the mountain movement cost. Bridge's movement cost is the same as plains'.
- Raised the received bonus gold at chapter end.

CONFIRMED BUGS
- Sometimes, the +stat events will be displayed oddly.
- The damage formula might sometimes work oddly, apparently only in the arena.
- If a character is equipping an unusable weapon after class change, graphical bugs 

and even freezing may happen. In order to avoid this, storage all weapons before 

class changing.
- 2nd gen ending display bugs.
- Chris's face may be oddly bugged in dialogues and in the data screen.
- Also, all original bugs.

If you want the stats table or something else though, just say it.

Oh TheEnd I <3 you. Um.....you don't have to do the whole stat thing I would just like to know what classes the second generation come as so I could perfect the pairing if I want. I made a couple choices that resulted in no weapons passed down but the skills were worth it.

Oh TheEnd I <3 you. Um.....you don't have to do the whole stat thing I would just like to know what classes the second generation come as so I could perfect the pairing if I want. I made a couple choices that resulted in no weapons passed down but the skills were worth it.

Oh, alright.

1st column - female character

2nd column - children's classes. Top is the female character, bottom is the male one.

3rd column - substitutes' classes.

Yun	-		-
Junior Lord	-
Yuiri	Dancer		-
Sword Fighter	-
Yumi	Bow Fighter	Arch Knight
Prince		Sargeant
Cecil	Swordmaster	Spear Soldier
Soldier		Forrest
Vicky	Priest		Priest
Axe Armor	General
Mel	Thunder Mage	Thunder Sage
Social Knight	Social Knight
Lily	Sword Fighter	Spear Soldier
Axe Fighter	Barbarian
Estela	Mage		Mage
Wind Mage	Dark Bishop
Elza	Dragon Master	Kunochi
Gunner		Dragon King

* Elza only: swapped item inheritance (mother->son, father->daughter). Guns aren't inherited.
* Estela's son can't inherit holy blood (?)
* Nash's son can use the GURO-SAFURUSU. He'll inherit if even if he can't equip it.
* Loki can't be inherited.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Oh, alright.

1st column - female character

2nd column - children's classes. Top is the female character, bottom is the male one.

3rd column - substitutes' classes.

Yun	-		-
Junior Lord	-
Yuiri	Dancer		-
Sword Fighter	-
Yumi	Bow Fighter	Arch Knight
Prince		Sargeant
Cecil	Swordmaster	Spear Soldier
Soldier		Forrest
Vicky	Priest		Priest
Axe Armor	General
Mel	Thunder Mage	Thunder Sage
Social Knight	Social Knight
Lily	Sword Fighter	Spear Soldier
Axe Fighter	Barbarian
Estela	Mage		Mage
Wind Mage	Dark Bishop
Elza	Dragon Master	Kunochi
Gunner		Dragon King

* Elza only: swapped item inheritance (mother->son, father->daughter). Guns aren't inherited.
* Estela's son can't inherit holy blood (?)
* Nash's son can use the GURO-SAFURUSU. He'll inherit if even if he can't equip it.
* Loki can't be inherited.

I'm thankful you made the table, but I am having a difficult time trying to figure out which unit is which. Is this in order they arrive in? Because there seems to be a rather large amount of female units in this hack.

Edited by Evalcin

By context,I assume Yun would be the main character of the first generation (or whoever replaced Dierdre) since only one offspring is given, and it's a lord. Yuiri would be either Cuan or Ethlin's replacement (probably the other). These parents don't have substitutes. I'd try to help more but I don't have any more context to go by--like, I don't know what you're talking about >.<

Although I'm thankful you made the table, I am having a difficult time trying to figure out which unit is which. Is this in order? Because there seems to be a rather large amount of female units in this hack.

I suppose you haven't played Suikoden 3, then...?

Either way, if you have Japanese language support installed, these are the katakana names:

ユン (Yun)

ユイリ (Yuiri)

ユミィ (Yumi)

セシル (Cecil)

ビッキー (Vicky)

メル (Mel)

リリィ (Lily)

エステラ (Estela)

エルザ (Elza)

I suppose you haven't played Suikoden 3, then...?

Either way, if you have Japanese language support installed, these are the katakana names:

ユン (Yun)

ユイリ (Yuiri)

ユミィ (Yumi)

セシル (Cecil)

ビッキー (Vicky)

メル (Mel)

リリィ (Lily)

エステラ (Estela)

エルザ (Elza)

My bad Cecile and TheEnd, it's my lack of thought before I type sentences D: And yes the Katakana names definitely helped me out. And no, I had never before hand played any Suikoden game other than Tierkleis (if it's spelled correctly) on DS which I never finished

Edited by Evalcin

Hey, just a quick question about the Blume Patch, but uh, how do you recruit Altenna? She and the rest of the dragon knight squad don't seem to move, so I couldn't have Leaf talk to her, and Dean doesn't work. Then, I tried editing Leaf's movement to make a flier, and it still wouldn't work.

TheEnd, could you clarify this little bit for me? It seems that technical bits either go perfectly smoothly through machine translations, or turn into complete gibberish.

Fire Emblem 3 MAP Editor ver 0.65 2008 / 2 / 1  作:いぬいぬ

<エンコーダ>

付属のencofe3.exeで出来ます。これを使わなくても構いません。

圧縮するファイルを同ディレクトリに置いて下さい。

ファイル名を指定すると、map000.binという圧縮ファイルが作成されます。

コンソールに表示された内容は前半が圧縮状況(00はそのまま、FE は無視します。)、

後半がmap000.binの内容です。正常に処理が終了すると2049BYTE 以下になります。

安全対策のため最後が 00 FF で終わる仕様になっています。

無茶をするとすぐ壊れるでしょう。しなくてもだめなときがあります。

TheEnd, could you clarify this little bit for me? It seems that technical bits either go perfectly smoothly through machine translations, or turn into complete gibberish.

Roughly, something like this.

<Encoder>

You can do that with the attached encofe3.exe. You don't need to use this.

Leave the file to be compressed in the same folder.

Once you specify the filename, a compressed file named map000.bin will be created.

The first half of the contents displayed in the console are about the compression status (00 is as is, FE is ignored), while the latter half is the map000.bin's contents. Normally, it'll have 2049 bytes or less once the process is finished.

As a safeguard measure, the file ends in 00 FF.

It breaks easily if you go too far. There are times when you won't be able to use it.