Should I use Gordin or Norne?

Of there two Archers.....  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which should I use?

• Gordin
    • Norne

Couldn't you use Castor as your bow-man?

I suppose I could. :/

Is he better then?

But reclass Frey is a great archer/sniper. Since your not reclassing.... Then use Castor

Really? I heard Reclass Abel was the best one...thanks for the tip.

Wow, Castor's got a following! XD

Castor is better than the 2 failures in the poll. Reclassed Abel, Cain or Frey are all good Snipers which is a good class while the Archer class sucks.

Sniper is good, Archer is bad?

That doesn't even make sense!

It's just an Archer upgrade.

It makes perfect sense. =\ The archer class has horrible base stats and lousy movement. Snipers have much better bases and no movement issues.

"Your Archer" should be no one if your only options are the ones that start out as Archer. Because they're all bad.

Now way!

No tits > Tits.

Flat-chested ladies are awesome! That's why FE girls are so hot in the first place! ^-^

Not in real life, where flat-chested-- *gets shot*

Anyways, both Gordin and Norme suck. You're better off reclassing someone to Sniper.

Let's just say movement-wise Archers move like a freaking Armor Knight.

That alone is telling you somtehing. BAD. Archer has terrible base stats in comparison to that of other classes (i.e. Cavalier, Myrmidion, etc). Sucks how the Finesse class doesn't have a lot of good options until after promotion (Cavalier and Pegasus Knights are probably one of the few classes that are safe to go to. Yeah Mage and Cleric, but this is solely speaking on melee).

Oh, bases and movement.

Do Hunters have the same problem?

Archer -> Sniper is the upgrade equivalent of Thief -> Ninja in Final Fantasy 1. You go from the worst class in the game to a rather decent one.

I see, I actually like that metaphor, thanks!

Hunter's only main flaw is promotion when Horseman are really... underwhelming IMO. They have Movement, but are locked onto a shitty second weapon (E Rank Swords >_>...) and their base stats are comparable to Warrior's and Heroes... on the low end of things. I guess they aren't a BAD class for one to use, but it does have some flaws toward it.

If anything, Oguma reclassed into Horseman doens't work too bad. Or any speedy unit that's hit up Hunter. Speaking of Oguma and Hunter, he isn't terrible as one but... you know the flaw: low Spd.

Again, just keep in mind that you need a pretty good Spd base and growth to make use of the class. And... maybe some Sword rank somewhere, which is difficult to say of on a lot of units. Caesar seems to be the best reclassed Hunter -> Hero of the bunch.

Hunter's only main flaw is promotion when Horseman are really... underwhelming IMO. They have Movement, but are locked onto a shitty second weapon (E Rank Swords >_>...) and their base stats are comparable to Warrior's and Heroes... on the low end of things. I guess they aren't a BAD class for one to use, but it does have some flaws toward it.

If anything, Oguma reclassed into Horseman doens't work too bad. Or any speedy unit that's hit up Hunter. Speaking of Oguma and Hunter, he isn't terrible as one but... you know the flaw: low Spd.

Again, just keep in mind that you need a pretty good Spd base and growth to make use of the class. And... maybe some Sword rank somewhere, which is difficult to say of on a lot of units. Caesar seems to be the best reclassed Hunter -> Hero of the bunch.

I'm NOT reclassing Ogma, that's awful! D:

Also, now I'm confused, which is better:

Archer -> Sniper

Or

Hunter -> Horseman.

Ya know, I think I'm going to make a poll about THAT now.

No need, the answer is simple: Hunter >>> Archer. Sniper >>> Horseman. I know that's the case in H5 but for normal mode, not sure... enemies are so damn shitty that Horseman's bad base stats may not even matter much.

Meh, late... whatever.

Edited by Sirius

• 11 years later...

I personally tend to like waiting for Jorge, as I don't even use Archer --> Sniper or Hunter --> Horseman much past... Chapter 15 or so. 

Personally, I'll just reclass Wolf into General and give him a lot of bow use on Chapters 8 and a few later ones, then give him Parthia really late. Although I will admit, I've never played past H3. Sedgar I never use, and Castor I sacrifice to Gharnef.