• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Ah bummer. Dunbine is in X and T has both the original and the sequel in it. I remember you were quite the advocate for using them.

Well, I remember more being frustrated at fighting them. lol

Though yes, they are quite the handy little units. High mobility, a barrier ability, and some with attacks that are quite strong and EN cost-effective. Not to mention, the presence of several sub-pilots for added seishin cast lists; and they can be swapped into any Dunbine unit save the battleships of course. So yes, they can be quite good units. Some need more work than others; but in general, they're usable.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Well, I remember more being frustrated at fighting them. lol

Urgh, I can see why. T is pretty easy on the standard difficulty and even with upgraded Sight, Super Robots would see 70% hit on them or so. On the higher difficulties and in a no upgrade run I would assume the best strategy is to cycle 1 tanky Super Robot with Strike activated to deal with those.

8 hours ago, Acacia Sgt said:

Though yes, they are quite the handy little units. High mobility, a barrier ability, and some with attacks that are quite strong and EN cost-effective. Not to mention, the presence of several sub-pilots for added seishin cast lists; and they can be swapped into any Dunbine unit save the battleships of course. So yes, they can be quite good units. Some need more work than others; but in general, they're usable.

Yeah they get pretty good as you progress through the game, check out how their exclusive skill works, certainly one of the better ones out there. They did suffer a bit with the sweeping nerfs that have been made to evasion tanking since L, theirs and Shin Getter 2's dodge abilities are 30% now when they used to be 50%.

17 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

Urgh, I can see why. T is pretty easy on the standard difficulty and even with upgraded Sight, Super Robots would see 70% hit on them or so. On the higher difficulties and in a no upgrade run I would assume the best strategy is to cycle 1 tanky Super Robot with Strike activated to deal with those.

Yeah they get pretty good as you progress through the game, check out how their exclusive skill works, certainly one of the better ones out there. They did suffer a bit with the sweeping nerfs that have been made to evasion tanking since L, theirs and Shin Getter 2's dodge abilities are 30% now when they used to be 50%.

Sounds about right. I think hit rates were much lower in the older games. Then again, that was without much things aiding the player.

Oh yeah, the skill has received quite the boost. Aura Barrier used to just reduce a set amount of damage, now the Aura Battler skill aids it as well. I know about the nerf to evasion. I think some games like AP has it so evasion is cut down after every succesful dodge, so even someone like Amuro eventually faces high enough hit rates during any given enemy phase. Although, that may have just been for AP. Well, Shin Getter 2 at least has the benefit of sometimes having both the Open Get and Mach Vision skills, so it has better chances at dodging something.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

I wouldn't doubt it. AP's Gundam routes pack some serious evasion and I could see the Dunbine units up there with the Tekkamen and Votom enemies in terms of evasion.

I haven't seen the Open Get as an evasion skill in a long time (maybe I haven't been paying attention)... I know it was in W and it was pretty strong there but during the Z games the way they wanted you to play Getter was to get its Custom bonus (transform after moving) and use either Shin Getter 2 for Evasion if you cast Focus with Hayato or Shin Getter 3 for tanking. Of course at the end of the day that stuff was kind of moot, the games have been getting pretty easy on standard difficulty with the only potential for a game over being getting fucked by Double/Triple Action bosses or a scripted event bringing units you haven't raised to the complete opposite side of the map where your battleships are.

Edited by Dr. Tarrasque

On 6/18/2019 at 9:12 PM, Fleece said:

i wonder how long it takes after you move to another state before you feel like you're a resident 

still bizarre

A year? Two?

I've been away for a spell, so I didn't know that you had actually moved. Congrats, and hope that adjustment period works out for you.

On Discord? Just plain left? Still here but just not posting much anymore or elsewhere?

I'm in the last category, as it were.

5 minutes ago, Dr. Tarrasque said:

@Acacia SgtDid you play BX and UX? There is an emulator for the 3DS.

Nope. Don't feel comfortable doing so. Besides, I doubt my computer could handle 3DS emulation. Admitedly, don't know how much it could take. Mine's only 4GB of RAM. THen again, it's around five years old and even not quite taxing stuff already heats it up.

On 7/1/2019 at 7:43 PM, Fleece said:

i hate ffxiv because aether is the data center where all the activity goes on and the peeps are at but the servers are always full even at 3-4 in the morning so im stuck in primal

😐

i'm stuck in primal because all of my friends in college were on primal but all of my friends from medical school/online/literally everywhere else are cool kids on aether and i'm like hey at least i only had a 20 person login queue in lamia at the peak of shadowbringers early release hahAA

40 minutes ago, Roxas said:

i'm stuck in primal because all of my friends in college were on primal but all of my friends from medical school/online/literally everywhere else are cool kids on aether and i'm like hey at least i only had a 20 person login queue in lamia at the peak of shadowbringers early release hahAA

god thats awful.....i wanna play on aether too its literally where all the cool kids are at

WHATH THE FUCK are you on lamia too?????? dbsajbdhasjnfkjsad id say hi but no access until i get back from AX

I have no idea what is acceptable in this topic. 

But I feel like posting something random in FFtF, and I choose to nest it here.

This is a game, and it's surprisingly... not bad?

dream-daddy-a-dad-dating-simulator-cover

P.S. Happy National Hop-a-Park, National Fried Chicken, and National Hand Roll (sushi) Day! 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer