• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• TheEnd

• Rei Rei

• Ϲharlie

• Icon of Sin

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't live in either of the carolinas, so i'm not in immediate range but we are getting shitloads of rain spewed on us

that coupled with the fact we already have saturated ground from getting abnormal amounts of rainfall this summer could make things messy  @_______@

Ah yes, the peripherial rain. Over here we also get some whenever a hurricane is nearby. So no direct hit, but we still get something. Still, better than actually living where they can hit.

Oh, that also sucks. Fortunately I live in an arid desert, so not much rainfall to begin with... but when it does, oh boy. I can tolerate the heat, but humid on top of that? :wacko:

Florida is the least US state I'd live in or spend holidays, because the climate would kill me. And then the fear of being hit by tropical storms every year. 

Preper the moderate climate in my country... even if it seems to turn out into subtropical in the future. Snow pretty much vanished and the amount of drought periods and heavy storms rised. This year might become the driest year in weather recordings.

Well, as someone who lives on the western side of the continent... it's easy to say that until you actually experience quakes here, I'd think.

There was this big one back in 2010... and a few years before that it was constantly quaking for months! Of course, it's much less frequent than hurricanes, I'll give you that, but it's no fun when they do happen. At least, not at certain intensities. Just ask 1906 San Francisco. Or, in the future, Los Angeles whenever that Big One finally happens...

Really, it's about the only reason I'd leave this place. Living on top of a ticking time bomb ain't exactly ideal...

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Fair enough, hurricanes can be forecasted, so there's enough time to evacuate at least.
Still the less amount is the reason why I'd prefer living in an earthquake area... even if it means...

Living on top of a ticking time bomb

... for the rest of the life.

Also the amount of hurricanes will rise in the future.

• 2 weeks later...