Worst weapon type in this game overall

That's an erroneous assumption your making trying to counter my point. The units I chose are approximately in the same tier due to pathetic base stats (minus Cath, who is a thief).

What the fuck? How is my assumption any more erroneous than yours, which selected totally arbitrary units at a totally arbitrary point on the tier list? How are "pathetic base stats" an accurate benchmark? If I arbitrarily created a unit with 0 skill and luck and asked him which weapon he would prefer, lances beat axes for the hit advantage. Does this mean that lances are better than axes?

When units have about the same stats, lances come out on the bottom statistically, and magic comes out on top.

How does this show anything other than the fact that lances are awesome because awesome units can use them?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I say... Light magic. It has bad might, rather bad hit rates (for magic, at least) and is very expensive; it is outclassed by anima magic in pretty much every regard possible. Then there also is the fact that it's rather hard to even gain access to *using* light magic in the first place, making the somewhat better light tomes about impossible to get for people not named Yodel The Beast, and Yodel is not exactly a fighter anyway.

• 1 month later...

My choice would probably Light Magic.

2 blah users for the Light Magic, and Yodel well...He's Yodel. Saul is decent, but fails in defense and luck. Ellen sinks to the bottom with her loldefense stat. If you have her use Aureola, good luck; she needs that +5 defense but it's probably NO WHERE near enough to save her. Yodel is in between both, with a mix of decent magic, skill, and speed along with somewhat good defense. His problem lays with the fact he comes with S RANK STAVES. I have never even used the Holy Maiden before; never had the need to. A simple Heal/Mend/Physic staff usually does the trick.

Also, due to Ellen and Saul's blah magic stat, the base damage of the Light magic tomes makes it worse for them. Light magic also has no effective bonus to anything except when he comes to Aureola and Mamkutes. Anima at least gets lolAircalibur for air borne units and Dark Magic gets Noserfatu for hp draining. Not to mention every other magic goes to E -> D -> C -> B -> A -> S. Light magics goes E -> C -> A -> S and I don't even believe you get a Purge tome...Do you? You get Bolting and Eclipse (not that you want it).

Edited by p00nage 4

3 blah users for the Light Magic, and Yodel well...He's Yodel. Saul is decent, but tanks in defense and luck. Ellen sinks to the bottom with her loldefense stat. If you have her use Aureola, good luck; she needs that +5 defense but it's probably NO WHERE near enough to save her. Yodel is in between both, with a mix of decent magic, skill, and speed along with somewhat good defense. His problem lays with the fact he comes with S RANK STAVES. I have never even used the Holy Maiden before; never had the need to. A simple Heal/Mend/Physic staff usually does the trick.

Aureola gives resistance, not defense. Narga, Ivaldi and Rexaura do give defense. You can have multiple S ranks in this game too.

Saul tanking in defense and luck what?

Edited by Dio

3 blah users for the Light Magic, and Yodel well...He's Yodel. Saul is decent, but tanks in defense and luck. Ellen sinks to the bottom with her loldefense stat. If you have her use Aureola, good luck; she needs that +5 defense but it's probably NO WHERE near enough to save her. Yodel is in between both, with a mix of decent magic, skill, and speed along with somewhat good defense. His problem lays with the fact he comes with S RANK STAVES. I have never even used the Holy Maiden before; never had the need to. A simple Heal/Mend/Physic staff usually does the trick.

Aureola gives resistance, not defense. Narga, Ivaldi and Rexaura do give defense. You can have multiple S ranks in this game too.

Saul tanking in defense and luck what?

Sorry. Haven't played this one in a while. Forgot about the multiple S ranks.

But still; Yodel comes at level 20 and has eh stats all around. He's nothing special.

And yes; Saul tanks in defense and luck. Tank as in, sucks beyond all hell. Maybe I;ll change that to something better; like sucks. ^_^ Sorry if that came out wrong