~ So I just read the FE10 Walkthrough on SF ... ~

Obtuse, ignorant sarcasm. There would have been far more question threads cluttering up the boards had the guide not been written.

Its a poorly written guide. Just accept that, and don't take it personally.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[..] sarcasm.

Looks like I can't sneak anything past you, Professor.

There would have been far more question threads cluttering up the boards had the guide not been written.

That's an interesting theory, unfortunately it doesn't even jive with your stated position that this is an easy game. Misinformation is much more difficult to deal with than lack of it, since a FAQ projects authority. My feeling is that the mediocrity of yours impeded motivation to do something better. Several people started and stopped walkthroughs, since yours was basically adequate at getting someone to the end of the game. Some of the sillier things were addressed in the Character FAQ, which further reduced the need.

Just a theory, naturally. It's moot at this point, since things like Deathborn's FAQ now exist.

You can only think of the guide in negative terms, yet you are too lazy to write something you deem 'better'.

I liked your original statement better before you editted it, when you accused me of not contributing anything to the community. Apparently you realized what a horse's ass that was about to make you look like, so you ratcheted it back. Too bad.

Anyway, the new one is also amusing. Included here is an accusation that I am too lazy to write a FAQ (there could be NO OTHER REASON), an implication that it would be inferior anyway (ahahahaha), and then some fairy magic where you read my mind (badly, since I certainly don't think of your guide only in the negative).

Once you're done defending your pristine reputation from barbarians on the Interbutts, returning here daily to see if anyone has sullied your honor, I wonder if you'll address the question in the OP.

• 7 months later...

>Misinformation is much more difficult to deal with than lack of it

In the case of 'Ashera keeps reviving!' that's a lack of information, not misinformation. You can whine all you want about minor 'tier list' suggestions being misinformation, but pretty much nobody cares.

>My feeling is that the mediocrity of yours impeded motivation to do something better.

?Its a poorly written guide. Just accept that, and don't take it personally.

LOL. It's a good guide with solid strategy. Once again, it was written by one person, with nobody's outside help, over the course of a month. It's inevitable that the community will collectively gather more info and tweaked strategies over the years after the guide is finished. That does not make it mediocre, just not insane-fanboy-obsessed-tier-list-debate-perfection level that you can only obtain because you and 100 other obsessed fanboys spent years obsessing over one easy video game. Yet for all your obsessing and debating, you're unable to make a logical argument to save your life.

Edited by mjemirzian

In the case of 'Ashera keeps reviving!' that's a lack of information, not misinformation. Since you have no other examples, you fail.

Right, because I really feel like combing through your FE10 guide years after the game came out, and seven months after this thread ended (before you necro-posted it back to life). The one change that you made, was to make your guide worse than it was before by defending your Eddie fanboyism after the fact.

If you have time for trolling on the internet, you have time to finish your redundant Bayonetta guide, so hop to it, if you don't mind. ty.

Hey Mjermezian, I actually agree with you to some extent. Your guide was pretty acceptable for when it came out (before the game was even in America). However, you just epic-necroposted for no particular reason. This kinda thing really isn't worth arguing about.

There were also some hugely questionable conclusions (dismissal of Volug and favoring of Eddy comes to mind) in terms of playing the game at all efficiently. The fact that you lost dragons on the last fight kinda says it is a pretty poor way of playing since most people can get through hard w/out losing units

Another thing is that in terms of his guesses on who is good and bad, Mjer is right fairly often. He thinks Soren is good for some reason, rates Eddy highly, overrates jill based on endgame (when Haar is better). The only major area he ****s up in is Laguz, he basically dismisses all of them but royals. Which is kinda understandable because a lot of people were making similar mistakes early in the game's release.

Edited by SeverIan

Then he should admit the guide is bad. Even if it was produced at a time where the game hadn't been figured out, and even if he did it on his own over the course of a month, that doesn't magically make the guide accurate or useful.

He's not at fault for writing the guide, but he IS at fault for still defending it as good years after it was shown to be misleading.

(And he is being very rude about it.)

I'll be honest, I would feel bad about trashing his guide if his personality wasn't so abrasive that it reminded me of... me with an evil twin goatee. But he parries all legitimate criticisms, calls us a bunch of fanboys, and then lampoons everyone for obsessive attention to detail in a place where people actually DO care about such things, months after the fact... all with no apparent sense of irony.

I'd be pretty embarrassed to have something so inaccurate up on the interwebs with my name on it, and would have removed it if I didn't intend to update it.

I'll be honest, I would feel bad about trashing his guide if his personality wasn't so abrasive that it reminded me of... me with an evil twin goatee. But he parries all legitimate criticisms, calls us a bunch of fanboys, and then lampoons everyone for obsessive attention to detail in a place where people actually DO care about such things, months after the fact... all with no apparent sense of irony.

Yes, well, I think we all know that how nice you are is inversely proportional to how much of an idiot you think the other guy is being. (Which can be what a person is saying or how they are saying it, or a combination of the two.)

When he doesn't believe the person he's talking to is an idiot he's actually a pretty cool person.

Of course, I think part of the coolness comes from what is said when you believe you are talking to an idiot. But that's probably just me.

Then he should admit the guide is bad. Even if it was produced at a time where the game hadn't been figured out, and even if he did it on his own over the course of a month, that doesn't magically make the guide accurate or useful.

He's not at fault for writing the guide, but he IS at fault for still defending it as good years after it was shown to be misleading.

(And he is being very rude about it.)

I dunno. I don't see much reason why it is incumbent on Mjermezian to make some sort of public apology.

"Wow guys, I have been so ironheaded in not saying my own guide is outdated and bad, I apologize for not getting on hands and knees and acknowledging what a misleading person I have been, swaying the minds of countless players to make poor decisions".

I agree he is kinda being a jerk about it, but the whole thing started w/ others attacking it.

The fact that it is clearly very outdated is just one more piece of evidence that arguing with him about this guide is kind of pointless.

I do agree that Interceptor's early posts indicate that Mjer is probably being over-defensive; first claiming that Eddy is even better than previously stated, then caving and saying that "small improvements" in strategy made over time may have occurred.