1RN or 2RN?

As I'm playing this game, I've started to wonder if this game is a 1RN or 2RN hit rate system. In the FAQ, it says that FE11 is a 2RN game, but I'm starting to wonder. Barst seems to miss far too often with ~80% hit rates. Units such as Merric and enemies with ~65% hit rates tend to miss far too often for me to believe that it is a 2RN system. Also, a 30% Stonehoist rate seems to hit Ogma too often. Thoughts?

The way I tested was to keep restarting the chapter and record how many times an 80% chance hits a nearby enemy. I noticed my character missed once out of like 30 attempts, which certainly wasn't 80-ish percent.

I think VincentASM also clarified that it was 2 RNs from a Japanese site.

Maybe I'm just a little jumpy about mediocre hit rates in this game.

Also, hit and dodge are calculated differently in this game than in previous games. Hit is just weapon hit + skill and avoid is just speed + terrain. In others, it was skillx2 + luck + weapon hit and speedx2 + luck + terrain, respectively. Swordmasters now cannot rely on their big speed for survival. Defense is a much bigger stat than it was in FE9 and 10.

Also, hit and dodge are calculated differently in this game than in previous games. Hit is just weapon hit + skill and avoid is just speed + terrain. In others, it was skillx2 + luck + weapon hit and speedx2 + luck + terrain, respectively. Swordmasters now cannot rely on their big speed for survival. Defense is a much bigger stat than it was in FE9 and 10.

Thank you for stating the obvious. But yeah, it's true, it's better to assume that you'll always be hit and try to have backup on player phase as much as possible in the even that you miss.

Actually avoid is Speed+(Luck/2)+terranin. I don't know hit. But yeah, Defense is way more important than avoid.

~80% hit missing doesn't necessarily mean anything. I've seen two units attack one unit with ~70% hit, both miss, and both eat a counter with a ~20% hit, and then proceed to get killed by ~20% hit attacks on the enemy phase more than once. I believe that 6-11 are 2RN (10 unconfirmed) and 1-5 1RN.

• 4 weeks later...

Critical, I don't think so.

Crits have never used more than 1 RN. If they did, units would pretty much never critical even with crit rates of 10 or 15 or something, which would obviously be lame since it's rather hard to get more than that without killer weapons.