Are bows effective against Rafiel?

I'm playing FE10 and I want to know if I need to protect Rafiel from bows. He's a Heron which is a flying class but he doesn't fly. So are they effective against him?

I'm playing FE10 and I want to know if I need to protect Rafiel from bows. He's a Heron which is a flying class but he doesn't fly. So are they effective against him?

Rafiel should never even be hit by any weapon. and no unless he is transformed iirc

He's got 6 AS, most enemies should be doubling this when he's around and it probably results in him getting 1RKOed by every enemy so knowing if Bows are strong against him is pointless to know since he'll die anyway.

Edited by Sirius

I know he'll die anyway. I just want to know if I should be extra-extra careful. Like if he's in range of an Archer and a Soldier and I can shove him out of one of there ranges what should I do? It's likely not to happen but I'd ratther know.

He'll still die.

I know that! I'm not going to leave him exposed if I use him. (I'll bring him if I have room) I'm asking more out of curiosoty than what matters.

He is not a flier even when transformed, so no. But in one of the unit stat screens you should see a feather on fliers. I can't really describe where to look, but Rafiel doesn't have it.

Aside from how Rafiel is inarguably a bird laguz and yet bows are not effective against him.

We might want to bring this up to VincentASM.

Besides, I never got him hit by a bow so I didn't know for sure.

Edited by Luster Warrior

*Rafiel transforms in 1-E*

Oh wait, now I can't climb up that ledge, I still get 1RKOed by every enemy in the map and my movement is the same! I might as well sacrifice myself to Oliver right away.

Rafiel should never even be hit by any weapon.
He's got 6 AS, most enemies should be doubling this when he's around and it probably results in him getting 1RKOed by every enemy so knowing if Bows are strong against him is pointless to know since he'll die anyway.
He'll still die.
Doesnt matter if bows are effective or not. Someone breaths on him, hes dead.

Come on guys, that wasn't the question. The question was whether bows are effective against him, not whether he dies when someone attacks him with a bow. Are you all really looking for postcount++ rather than actually being helpful?

I don't see how my response didn't provide a semi-adequate answer to this post:

I know he'll die anyway. I just want to know if I should be extra-extra careful. Like if he's in range of an Archer and a Soldier and I can shove him out of one of there ranges what should I do? It's likely not to happen but I'd ratther know.

i thought the bow bonus only applied to the units with that flier thing? you know, that thing that looks like a wing?

Rafiel shouldn't be weak against bows, since he's not even flying in the first place

Rafiel shouldn't be weak against bows, since he's not even flying in the first place

Except he's a Bird Tribe Laguz and bows are effective against the Bird Tribe. That's why I asked.

Except he's a Bird Tribe Laguz and bows are effective against the Bird Tribe. That's why I asked.

that would be illogical. the only reason why fliers are weak to bows is that since they're so high up in the sky, if you bring them down with an arrow they also crash into the ground, which must be painful and must cause severe damage

Edited by Hello Vader

that would be illogical. the only reason why fliers are weak to bows is that since they're so high up in the sky, if you bring them down with an arrow they also crash into the ground, which must be painful and must cause severe damage depending on how high you're flying

I understand that. But why wouldn't Javalins and Hand Axes bbe effective against them? It wold have the same effect.

I understand that. But why wouldn't Javalins and Hand Axes bbe effective against them? It wold have the same effect.

i suppose because you can't throw a javalin or hand axe as high as an arrow can fly. when an archer shoots a pegasus, it might be when she's flying far above the ground or something.

and besides, questioning the physics of a fantasy game will lead you nowhere, since it is a fantasy game where physics laws may and can be broken.

and besides, they had to make a weakness to them in order to counter-act their hax movement

i suppose because you can't throw a javalin or hand axe as high as an arrow can fly. when an archer shoots a pegasus, it might be when she's flying far above the ground or something.

and besides, questioning the physics of a fantasy game will lead you nowhere, since it is a fantasy game where physics laws may and can be broken.

and besides, they had to make a weakness to them in order to counter-act their hax movement

I know. What's wierd is that the Pegasus or whatever's flying stays in the air. It doesn't come crashing down.

What about Wyverns?

I know. What's wierd is that the Pegasus or whatever's flying stays in the air. It doesn't come crashing down.

What about Wyverns?

do not question the physics of a fantasy game.

what about the wyverns? they're dragons, and dragons have scales, which prevents many things from penetrating them.

what about the wyverns? they're dragons, and dragons have scales, which prevents many things from penetrating them.

Then why were they vulnerable to bows in previous games?