Fire Emblem Tier List

Raven

We don't have a tier list topic for FE7. Well we did, but the thread has been dead for ages.

Hector Hard Mode efficiency tier list:

-Top-

Marcus

Raven

Priscilla

Serra

-High-

Ninian/Nils

Matthew

Sain

Kent

Lowen

Oswin

Pent

Harken

Eliwood

-Upper Mid-

Hector

Dart

Florina

Lucius

Erk

Guy

Geitz

Dorcas

Hawkeye

Canas

Legault

Lyn

-Lower Mid-

Isadora

Fiora

Bartre

Rath

Jaffar

Rebecca

Heath

Farina

Karel

Athos

Vaida

Renault

Louise

-Low-

Wallace

Wil

Nino

Karla

This is based off my own personal knowledge, any changes can be discussed. I have not even sorted the units within their Tiers, so no doubt there is quite a bit wrong with it, so let's get to work on putting it right. It's a start, at least.

EDIT: The tier list is now sorted within tiers, and not just into tiers themselves - thanks to the discussions that have taken place in this thread.

Edited by Raven

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Matthew is the best/second best character in the game. Silver Card practically makes the Funds rank.

Hector lower. Forced promotion ftl.

Erk and Isadora way higher. Erk is pobably Upper Mid material, while Isadora is easily Lower Mid.

Fiora, Farina, Lyn, Heath, Karel, Dart, and Rath all lower.

Fiora to middle/top of Lower Mid.

Farina to top of Low/Bottom of Lower Mid (comes pretty late and underleveled, and costs you way too much money).

Lyn has basically no durability to speak of, so bottom of Upper Mid seems good.

Heath is way too underleved to be Upper Mid.

Karel is awful. He deserves the bottom 10.

Dart costs, like, 50k and can't double until much later on.

Rath is worse than Karel.

Bartre > Dorcas? What? Why is Dorcas in Lowen Mid, anyway?

I'll think of more things later.

Edited by Ninji

Matthew is the best/second best character in the game. Silver Card practically makes the Funds rank.

Hector lower. Forced promotion ftl.

Erk and Isadora way higher. Erk is pobably Upper Mid material, while Isadora is easily Lower Mid.

Fiora, Farina, Lyn, Heath, Karel, Dart, and Rath all lower.

Fiora to middle/top of Lower Mid.

Farina to top of Low/Bottom of Lower Mid (comes pretty late and underleveled, and costs you way too much money).

Lyn has basically no durability to speak of, so bottom of Upper Mid seems good.

Heath is way too underleved to be Upper Mid.

Karel is awful. He deserves the bottom 10.

Dart costs, like, 50k and can't double until much later on.

Rath is worse than Karel.

Bartre > Dorcas? What? Why is Dorcas in Lowen Mid, anyway?

I'll think of more things later.

Isn't there an ocean seal in the desert chapter? You get it for free.

Wallace should be bottom, he doesn't have any utility, he has horrible stats and if your even recruiting him it means your losing out on Geitz.

I don't find that in FE7, dancers/bards are so good to be considered the best units in the game.

I think that Erk should at least be over Karel, he is there for practically the whole game, he has staves and Karel makes you lose a brave sword.

Why is there a such a big gap between Sain and Kent? I prefer Sain but they're pretty similar.

Isn't there an ocean seal in the desert chapter? You get it for free.

The game keeps track of your funds with free items, too. The game counts using the Ocean Seal as spending 50k, which is huge.

Why is there a such a big gap between Sain and Kent? I prefer Sain but they're pretty similar.

Agreed.

Sain, Lowen, and Kent should be right next to each other, in that order, as well.

Isn't one of the problem with Kent is that his stats are kinda average? With his low luck he might receive a critical from a killer weapon.

Maybe move Lyn to Upper Mid like Ninji said she does have low defense and that does hurt her a lot considering enemies can actually hit your units in this mode.

Isadora maybe lower mid even though her durability is bad she does have decent speed though I haven't played HHM for a while.

Maybe Florina lower? She does lose like 4 speed wielding an iron lance right? Unless if we are talking Lyn's mode into this tier too.

Hmm no need to add Merlinus he does promote kinda late if no sub chapters are used.

The game keeps track of your funds with free items, too. The game counts using the Ocean Seal as spending 50k, which is huge.

It was never specified if this was ranked or not.

also, marcus>ninian/nils

Nowhere in the opening post is it specified. Try to gather evidence to solidify your claims before randomly assuming I'm wrong...

We don't have a tier list topic for FE7. Well we did, but the thread has been dead for ages.

Hector Hard Mode tier list:

Time for an eye appointment.

Edited by Meteor

what

what the hell does hector hard mode have to do with whether this is ranked HHM or efficency HHM?

Maybe the old one probably stated that.

Time for an eye appointment.

You need one apparently. A HHM run is not the same as a ranked run.

Raven needs to specify whether the list is for efficiency or ranked runs.

Edited by Luster Warrior

Efficiency and individual unit performance, not ranked.

I'll quote myself:

"I have not even sorted the units within their Tiers, so no doubt there is quite a bit wrong with it"

Dorcas and Bartre may be in the same tier, but I haven't put any order to it. The list is going to change alot I presume, so each person should copy and paste the list, and edit it to their own thoughts. If there is good reasoning behind a character's change in position on the list, I'll change it on my own in the first post, too.

Ignore the stuff about Dart costing you 50k and Farina costing you 20k, then. They're still too high.

Also, Dorcas is easily Upper Mid, if not higher. Lower Mid and Low seem way too small.

You need one apparently. A HHM run is not the same as a ranked run.

Raven needs to specify whether the list is for efficiency or ranked runs.

What is the difference?

If there truly is something different between the two, I admit I was wrong.

An HHM run is just a run through on Hector Hard Mode. A ranked run is an HHM run with the intent of achieving 5 stars in every rank.

To be efficient your combat and tactics still have to be good. EXP and funds might be a little less restricted, but I don't see this being dramatically affected. Last is survival which is only different in that you may let people die if you wish, but that's almost never what you want.

Trust me, you don't need the Silver Card in unranked.

Hector in high, Ninian/Nils in high (or at least not top of top what the fuck), Renault in low/bottom, Lowen in high, Dart in low mid, etc.

Edited by dondon151

EXP is hugely affected. For an A in EXP, you need to raise practically every unpromoted unit to L17 at the least, all the while also leveling up more promoted people for more EXP plus actually being able to complete the game. In unranked, we can afford to spam Marcus whenever this is convenient early on, we can ignore failures like Heath and Nino, etc etc.

I really prefer unranked lists.

Wait, what? No, seriously, what? You moved Kent above Lowen, right below Sain, and then lowered Lowen below Florina? Despite the fact that Lowen > Kent, Florina shouldn't even be in Upper Mid.

Florina is most definitely upper mid material. Aside from citing precedent on former tier lists that put her in upper mid or the top of mid, her flying utility is valuable and her offense and durability are pretty decent given levels in LM.

How many levels are you planning on giving her in Lyn mode, exactly? 17 HP and 4 Defense is pretty damn bad, and it never really gets better. She has basically the same durability as Lyn. Being even comparable to Lyn defensively is bad. I don't know where you came up with this "Florina is decent defensively" thing. It'd be easier to argue if I knew where the enemy stats were. >_>;

To be efficient your combat and tactics still have to be good. EXP and funds might be a little less restricted, but I don't see this being dramatically affected. Last is survival which is only different in that you may let people die if you wish, but that's almost never what you want.

Funds aren't just "a little less" restricted. We're free to use our stat boosters and sell our gems and not care about free promotion items, including the ocean seal. It's another retarded aspect that makes me dislike ranked play.

And yes, Barte should be bottom, and I'd actually vote Nino out of bottom to above Karla, since Nino can be 10/1'd and have some form of staffing whereas Karla makes us field that failure Barte [all the way up to promotion] and sucks at fighting for making us do it.

Isn't Wallace bottom tier, too?

Edited by GreenHairedDraco