Fire Emblem Tier List

Raven

Louise shouldn't be in low. In what capacity is she worse than Wallace? Her ability to kill wyverns alone is >>> anything he'll do unless we're considering his lyn mode performance too.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louise shouldn't be in low. In what capacity is she worse than Wallace? Her ability to kill wyverns alone is >>> anything he'll do unless we're considering his lyn mode performance too.

Agreed,

Top tier for Raven seems a bit mich, he's fairly weak at jointime.

Ninian and Nils are too high IMO. Their time around the team is iffy, have moments when both aren't around, and IIRC Nils doesn't give out support bonuses, meaning that building a support with Ninian is almost pointless (thankfully Eliwood and Hawkeye have better choices... kind of). You'd have to name a time when Marcus is really detrimenting the team to make him lower than the dancers especially when he's helping out in the hardest parts of the game (this being the earlier stages).

Trust me, you don't need the Silver Card in unranked.

Hector in high, Ninian/Nils in high (or at least not top of top what the fuck), Renault in low/bottom, Lowen in high, Dart in low mid, etc.

Actually no, you will really want that Silver Card no matter what.

Cash is in fact limited for a lot of earlygame, so properly equipping yourself can be a pain during a few chapters. Or if you do actually have existent cash, abusing that Silver Card to get those Killing weapons or reavers is in fact an extremely valuable asset.

Oh and btw, Jaffar is way too high pls. Sure he's a little better in unranked, but he still sucks. He's sorta frail, and can't really do much without those killing edges, which several other people would use better anyway.

And besides, Matthew does it way better since he's got A Guy + B Hector.

Edited by A2ZOMG

My first gripe with tier lists about FE7 in general is that supports are way too assumed. As I'm sure vykan and dondon can attest, supports simply don't build that quickly, and may even be inefficient to build if they're ass slow and utility/movement isn't matching up.

Take the Guy/Matthew/Hector example from above. Just to build that stuff up, you have to stick these three units next to each other for the vast majority of the time, limiting their flexibility, when the bonus clearly isn't being used much, since two of these units cap out before promotion, and one of them raids chests a lot.

If I were to start an FE7 tier list now, I would start by pretending supports didn't exist. I think that would be more accurate than the messes you'd get otherwise.

Louise shouldn't be in low. In what capacity is she worse than Wallace?

While I don't disagree Louise>Wallace, I do disagree that Louise isn't low tier material, unless Nino's tier gets deleted and lower mid turns into low and low turns into bottom and et cetera.

op tier for Raven seems a bit mich, he's fairly weak at jointime.

weak at jointime? how? He has excellent str and spd bases and his durability isn't that worse either. Then we factor in that he levels up pretty lolfast thanks to his low starting level.

My first gripe with tier lists about FE7 in general is that supports are way too assumed. As I'm sure vykan and dondon can attest, supports simply don't build that quickly, and may even be inefficient to build if they're ass slow and utility/movement isn't matching up.

Take the Guy/Matthew/Hector example from above. Just to build that stuff up, you have to stick these three units next to each other for the vast majority of the time, limiting their flexibility, when the bonus clearly isn't being used much, since two of these units cap out before promotion, and one of them raids chests a lot.

If I were to start an FE7 tier list now, I would start by pretending supports didn't exist. I think that would be more accurate than the messes you'd get otherwise.

Agreed. Supports would be a lot more useful if it didn't involve having 2 units Rape each other for 50 turns after you practically clear a map, or having them Sit on their bums doing absolutely nothing for 15 battles. <_<

I fully agree with supports being a minor benefit. Not only for the reasons Mekkah stated, but also because people tend to apply favortism by saying that characters aren't getting supports because other units are getting the supportive character first.

That, and the supports in this game are a huge-ass mess. It's stunning the leg-humping the Ostians got out of it. Either way it's a nightmare to get a solid support group going in this game.

Edited by Pretty Boi Wolf

The only supports I ever got to reasonable levels without turn abusing are

Kent x Sain

Eliwood x Hector (A by Dragon's Gate)

Pent x Erk (B by Sands of Time)

Pent x Louise hurrrr

Lyn x Florina (and you still have to go out of your way for it)

And I can imagine Lucius x Raven working out. Maybe some of the other really fast kind of early stuff.

Suppose MatthewxGuy is too slow, despite that it could actually be of great benefit to them both? Matthew wants the offense, Guy wants offense, both get that little push of avoid. The crit especially helps them post-promotion (since funds isn't a problem here in unranked).

But I suppose it would be too slow, despite how early both of them join? Would a couple Bs be out of the question?

-Lower Mid-

Isadora

Fiora

Bartre

Rath

Vaida

Rebecca

Heath

Canas

Farina

Karel

Renault

Wallace

Heath should be right below Isadora imo. His growths are too good to put him beneath Bartre, he's got decent bases, especially in this HM, and his growths are mighty tasty, besides def, but kent support fixes that XD. Also Thunder aff. ftw!

This is good, I really hate the ranks. Especially Exp.

The thing that sticks out most is Ninils at top of Top Or not the top since they aren't ordered, but just Top in general. Really? They do have a highly adaptive Player phase, but you need to shield them on Enemy Phase, which partially negates their usefulness. They can dance the best unit at the time, but in a way, they have the same issues as the archers, namely no Enemy phase. Then you also have to consider that they don't exist for half the game, and Move issues. I don't know where they should go, since Dancers are one of those questions that largely comes down to playstyle, but I don't think they belong in Top.

Have to agree with this as well. Wallace forces you to underlevel your Lords, deprives you of Geitz, and gives you the harder chapter. At least Louise helps against a more difficult enemy type. Actually, I think Louise needs to go up quite a bit. Maybe above Rebecca, since Rebecca's a liability, particularly early on. She has to dig herself out of the hole of suckitude before passing Louise, which I doubt actually happens. Although Rebecca could just drop, or I might just be completely wrong too.

Erk could go up as well, might argue that later.

Edited by Gergeshwan

Karla is still worse than Nino.

Nino you get to field for 1.1 chapters without taking up a unit slot, and then she gets to do the whole "I'm not taking counters lulz!" for cheap damage.

Karla takes up a Hero's Crest that I should have used on Raven/Guy (Dorcas gets the first due to level lead, and pretty much outclasses Bartre).

Edited by A2ZOMG

then staves, and never mind that barte has been a freaking failure BEFORE he even ate up that seal, and even then he still sucks asshole

And never mind that Karla herself is a horrible combat unit herself.

Karla takes up a Hero's Crest that I should have used on Raven/Guy (Dorcas gets the first due to level lead, and pretty much outclasses Bartre).
Yeah, I'm not going to argue a case for Karla, but let's not dictate priority on who gets what seal. Edited by Samuto

Bartre eating up a seal when you have like 4 other guys who want it and actually don't suck with it is certiantly not helping his case here.

speaking of barte, he seriously needs to drop to low, if not bottom. Same tier as dorcas is lol

Edited by GreenHairedDraco

speaking of barte, he seriously needs to drop to low, if not bottom. Same tier as dorcas is lol
Dorcas is easily high tier. About the same level as Eliwood in my opinion.

He has some of the best offense in the entire game against the most common enemy units (slow lance wielders) and a little more. Dorcas is in fact one of your best units against Heros and Swordmasters too, raping them MASSIVELY with the swordreaver. He is able to 2hit almost everything in this game (or 1hit anything that is wussy), meaning he's wtfamazing with the Brave Axe too.

Also, I believe it is Sands of Time. Mass Generals lol. Throw him out there and it's like "zomg where did all the Generals go?"

Edited by A2ZOMG

k?

that only solidifies my argument that barte being on the same page as Dorcas is very lol

Oh.

When you say someone is "lol" that usually means they're bad right?

EDIT: nvm I totally misread your statement.

Edited by A2ZOMG