Look in Here!

Fox

I think I've said all I can.

If you feel that strongly about it try and take it to court. You may have a case, or they may say you're wasting their time. Go ahead.

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're one to talk.

Lulz. Touché. But seriously, he's pretty much just trolling.

That's irrelevant. The end result is that he is still profiting off his memberbase. There is value to exposure to our eyes, and he is exploiting that. Regardless of the advertisements, it's not "his" site if he relies on members.

I wouldn't call it a profit... it doesn't nearly cover the costs for the server anymore.

You're poor eyes. How I feel for you that you have to look at such a large ad at the top of the page.

61882080.png

68523804.png

83547049.png

74827281.png

grammaryouryoure.jpg

This is a bit tardy. Blame imageshack.

I'm speechless.

We only wish.

Edited by Urist McMiner

Lulz. Touché. But seriously, he's pretty much just trolling.

I wouldn't call it a profit... it doesn't nearly cover the costs for the server anymore.

So Jyousua is technically paying for you to view these unsightly ads, and you have the gal to insult him for it. That doesn't seem fair/right.

Also, spelling errors are serious offenses.

So Jyousua is technically paying for you to view these unsightly ads, and you have the gal to insult him for it. That doesn't seem fair/right.

Also, spelling errors are serious offenses.

Wha?

Well, the ads offset server costs. To be fair, that's expensive (as my own payments for FESS proved over the years). He's not "paying" for us to view ads - I don't take Ed's approach that AdBlock is unethical, as most sites with ads have abused the privilege - but I don't take the approach that just because he's paying, he's not liable for criticism. That's like saying that I wasn't liable for criticism at FESS; I was, and accepted it. And mind you, I think, in the case in question here, that Josh is in the right for the most part.

This quote was taken from the topic called "Far from the forest" in the questions and suggestions forum.

You need fewer witty comments and more competent administration, the ability to admit when you have a problem, and the ability to actually conduct rational discussion rather than hide.

You realise that posts like this is what he meant by:

But I do think they shouldn't be a complete dick because someone did something stupid.

Rationalise. A lot of people are stupid, I am one of those people; why on earth they should be flamed for being misinformed or being wrong is beyond me. Not everyone is 100% knowledgeable so I believe that things should be approached like:

You have no clue what you're talking about

and before you pull out the same BS you pulled on Jyo, aka this:

Did you not see the results (cf. Cynthia's thread) at "you have no clue what you're talking about"?

when you never actually said that, instead you called her a "fucking nitwit" which is basically your approach to anything of any sort. And if they respond stupidly I see no reason not to just walk away and ignore them instead of being so damn confrontational - which is the problem.

And don't get me wrong - it's all fine to teach us stuff and prove us wrong - I WANT to learn more. But your methods are problematic and unhelpful.

And yeah, whilst I can see where Jyo's coming from, I can see that it's a little too harsh to be healthy for the forum community.

But I barely see the issues aside from that, and I think you're just blowing things out of proportion a little bit by calling this place a "Cesshole" because I LIKE this place and a fair number of people in it.

So the best solution, IMO, is a compromise.

Edited by kirsche

This quote was taken from the topic called "Far from the forest" in the questions and suggestions forum.

You realise that posts like this is what he meant by:

Rationalise. A lot of people are stupid, I am one of those people; why on earth they should be flamed for being misinformed or being wrong is beyond me. Not everyone is 100% knowledgeable so I believe that things should be approached like:

and before you pull out the same BS you pulled on Jyo, aka this:

Did you not see the results (cf. Cynthia's thread) at "you have no clue what you're talking about"?

when you never actually said that, instead you called her a "fucking nitwit" which is basically your approach to anything of any sort. And if they respond stupidly I see no reason not to just walk away and ignore them instead of being so damn confrontational - which is the problem.

And don't get me wrong - it's all fine to teach us stuff and prove us wrong - I WANT to learn more. But your methods are problematic and unhelpful.

And yeah, whilst I can see where Jyo's coming from, I can see that it's a little too harsh to be healthy for the forum community.

But I barely see the issues aside from that, and I think you're just blowing things out of proportion a little bit by calling this place a "Cesshole" because I LIKE this place and a fair number of people in it.

I swear, you and Rehab are the only smart ones in this mess. >_>

Do you believe that's possible?

Seriously?

EDIT: Ninja'd. Well played, Memento Mori.

Edited by Tiena

Do you believe that's possible?

Seriously?

I do, whilst I agree that completely erasing and barriers is absurd, tha barriers in place are silly and should be weakened a tad.

fail to identify the proper issue at hand

Okay, so what is the proper issue at hand?

I swear, you and Rehab are the only smart ones in this mess.

Is that sarcasm or am I just being overly paranoid?

Edited by kirsche

when you never actually said that, instead you called her a "fucking nitwit" which is basically your approach to anything of any sort.
Semantic equivalence. If you are talking about shit you don't know anything about, you are a fucking nitwit.
And if they respond stupidly I see no reason not to just walk away and ignore them instead of being so damn confrontational - which is the problem.
Because when you walk away, others are misinformed. Monkey see, monkey do.

And I don't fucking like dodgers. You don't get to be wrong and keep talking without being introduced to the Backhand Of Correctness.

You getting butthurt is not my problem. If I'm right, I'm right. That I'm very pointed about being right does not change a thing, and claims to the contrary are laughable.

And you might notice that I don't get pointy when it's not something that any remotely educated human being should already know. If I'm getting annoyed, it's because you didn't do your homework. And, yes, being educated is a prerequisite to actually having a discussion: tardhopping around without a shred of a clue does not a discussion make. If you don't want the MEAN OL' BWAAAACKEN to give you a rhetorical thump upside the head, and you know that he does so when you are grossly uninformed about something basic...welp, I think you can put two and two together.

He's too busy feeling persecuted to even talk, let alone compromise.

Is that sarcasm or am I just being overly paranoid?

He's probably being sincere, although I disagree with him.

Personally, I believe you're clueless if you think a compromise is possible under these circumstances.

Edited by Tiena

Personally, I believe you're clueless if you think a compromise is possible under these conditions.
"Stop sucking and actually make the place worth the FESS members that we suggested go here, with our word that it wouldn't suck, and we'll rein in point-and-laughing at stupid people."

Compromises are fun.

He's probably being sincere, although I disagree with him.

Personally, I believe you're clueless if you think a compromise is possible under these circumstances.

Let's just hope the best comes out of this senseless brouhaha. I personally think both sides of this conflict are acting ridiculous, but I'm not sure how they can resolve this. While a compromise would be nice, what happens and what we want can be quite different.

Okay, so what is the proper issue at hand?

Tell me, good sir, can you read?

The purpose as to why Fox, among others, bothered to bring this topic to light (despite for ulterior and, frankly, dissapointing motives) was not for discussion of Blacken's recent escapade in trampling yet another entropic teenager's feelings, but confronting Jyo's lack of volition to solve any sort of problems identified, even so much as to acknowledge them.

This has been expressed time and again, so I suggest you thoroughly read any and all coherent posts in this topic not amounting to "lol tl;dr drama" rather than focusing on someone's tone of voice, it's really getting tiresome.

My favorite is this:

<~Blacken> None of your staff really is, Fox included.

<~Blacken> Any disagreement from the peanut gallery?

<Jyosua> And you wouldn't be either, Ed.

BECAUSE THAT'S THE POINT RIGHT? Gotta slam it back in someone's face instead of listening to them.

Again.

Jyo's lack of volition to solve any sort of problems identified, even so much as to acknowledge them.

Thank you very much for clarifying that. See, I gathered that the first post was mostly dealing with the issues discussed in the text, so I made my post accordingly.

If this is the case, then I support blacken/fox/der komissioner all the way. Jyo needs to comfront his problems, not elude them.

Edited by kirsche

Let's just hope the best comes out of this senseless brouhaha. I personally think both sides of this conflict are acting ridiculous, but I'm not sure how they can resolve this. While a compromise would be nice, what happens and what we want can be quite different.

I can see it all going downhill already.

I think you're not giving the people on this forum enougth credit. You act as if ALL of them are tards, when some of them clearly aren't. If people see a good argument - likely yours will be if it's correct - they'll likely believe in it more than some BS people might say. I don't view an argument that consists of "You're a fucking nitwit", "Go away you fucktard" etcetera as very persuasive.

Blacken's mistake is that he wants all the idiots to be terminated (= wasteland). Not that.

Although I guess one can blame age, and not real mental issues.

Edited by Tiena

I doubt anything will come of this topic that anyone is asking for really... It's entertaining to watch though.

Its hilariously entertaining seeing such srs business

The really funny thing, is that all the people who complain about the site, and say how it's filled with immature brats, and they bitch about how terrible the site is run, they are the most active members of all.

Wouldn't it just be more logical to leave? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Edited by Lyle Dayek

I guess I'll actually say something semi-useful right about now.

One thing I noticed is that Fox was the only staff member (other than Wist, who has now resigned) that actually did anything. Now both of them are gone. Do mods even look in the Suggestions board, of all places?

And Josh's demoting of Fox for trying to get him to own up, be a man, and take charge of his forum shows exactly what's valued and expected around here.

I'm remembering more and more why I don't come here that often, and why I left to begin with.