Look in Here!

Fox

Blacken's mistake is that he wants all the idiots to be terminated (= wasteland). Not that.

Although I guess one can blame age, and not real mental issues.

Or rather, those he considers idiots and not just those who actually are idiots (Like the banned members for instance).

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I'll actually say something semi-useful right about now.

One thing I noticed is that Fox was the only staff member (other than Wist, who has now resigned) that actually did anything. Now both of them are gone. Do mods even look in the Suggestions board, of all places?

And Josh's demoting of Fox for trying to get him to own up, be a man, and take charge of his forum shows exactly what's valued and expected around here.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Bus does.

Or rather, those he considers idiots and not just those who actually are idiots (Like the banned members for instance).

Not really.

The really funny thing, is that all the people who complain about the site, and say how it's filled with immature brats, and they bitch about how terrible the site is run, they are the most active members of all.

Wouldn't it just be more logical to leave? Hypothetically speaking of course.

Personally, I'm here because of Vincent.

Edited by Tiena

I don't understand why people don't just leave if they're unhappy.

I don't either, he who came back neither for the memberbase nor for Fire Emblem.

If I'm missing something, then please explain.

Send me a PM, alright?

Too lazy, and not really worth it.

I don't either, he who came back neither for the memberbase nor for Fire Emblem.

I'm no longer unhappy with the system. I learned to deal with it. If I was unhappy, I'd leave again until I was either over it, or find somewhere else. I get amusement from this place.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Bus does.

I would agree with that if talking to Josh privately actually worked. Protip: It rarely does. At least half the time, Josh is more worried about not getting offended than he is about more important things. No, they didn't handle it well. But seriously? Handling it the right way wouldn't have gotten anything done, either.

Just because I'm not Bus doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Seriously people. If you're unhappy leave, come back when you're ready to deal with it. You could solve your own problems right now by getting up and leaving. It just so happens not everyone thinks it's a problem, and those who don't will stay, and those who do can leave.

Why must this be so complicated folks?

Seriously people. If you're unhappy leave, come back when you're ready to deal with it. You could solve your own problems right now by getting up and leaving. It just so happens not everyone thinks it's a problem, and those who don't will stay, and those who do can leave.

You do realize that just because you repeat yourself a lot of times that it doesn't mean people are actually going to listen to you, right?

You do realize that just because you repeat yourself a lot of times that it doesn't mean people are actually going to listen to you, right?

If only life were that simple, darling.

Still though, no one has given a valid reason why they can't just do that, I find it humorous. ^_^

I don't want people leaving. Most of these people seem like intelligent and mature people. I don't want them to all pack their bags and go for a little problem with the higher-up's. If there's a problem, it shouldn't be left untouched...

.... i can see where Blacken and co get their opinion on how people shoudl be treated now.

*Quotes Zero Punctuation again.*

"Why? Because people are shit. Whenever I'm in a croud, I always go, 'who left all this shit here?' I'm shit, you're shit, the world is shit. And if you're sitting there at your computer saying 'Yes it's true. The whole world is shit except for me.' Then you're a double bacon shitburger with extra fries Mr. Shitface. I'm sorry this reflects badly on me. I should have said:'Mr. or MRS. Shitface."

-Cue generic metal music.

"Why? Because people are shit. Whenever I'm in a croud, I always go, 'who left all this shit here?' I'm shit, you're shit, the world is shit. And if you're sitting there at your computer saying 'Yes it's true. The whole world is shit except for me.' Then you're a double bacon shitburger with extra fries Mr. Shitface. I'm sorry this reflects badly on me. I should have said:'Mr. or MRS. Shitface."

Does that make you a turd burgler?

If only life were that simple, darling.

Still though, no one has given a valid reason why they can't just do that, I find it humorous. ^_^

Don't call me darling. I am not your darling. I'm not EVEN darling.

Also, maybe someone has the hope that this place still has potential. There. A valid reason. Now seriously get off your soap box.

Also, maybe someone has the hope that this place still has potential. There. A valid reason. Now seriously get off your soap box.

I think someone is taking this a little too personally.

It was just a suggestion, hun.

.... i can see where Blacken and co get their opinion on how people shoudl be treated now.
Victoly?
She's not. I'm scared. :(

I know. Im cynthia's darling.

Honestly, the fact that anytime someone makes a suggestion others find "dumb" or "stupid" instead of being polite and saying they disagree with the idea and give a simple reason why, they have to be rude and even insulting sometimes doesn't help the community at all, and leads to people being sore towards that person. Then they mock them later saying they're "butthurt," is a sign that it's not just the staff or those of "low intellect" that are contributing to the downfall of the community, it's also those who sit themselves on a seat of righteousness and intelligence they believe they have over everyone else in my opinion.

Plus I call a lot of people "darling" or "hun" or "sweetie". It's my version of either "love" or "buddy" or "dude". I mean nothing by it.

I also find it quite hilarious this topic made it to 10 pages like all the other attempts to "change the system" including some foolishly made by myself, when it's just going to end the same way.

Edited by Cynthia

I think dividing it up into "Blacken and Co." and "Admins/Regular users of SF" is too simplistic and largely sidesteps the whole issue.

If the stupidity level on a forum is higher than it should be (and it seems that it is), then it's clear something isn't working right.

Whether it is Blacken's actual intent to make the forum better or not isn't the real issue, in my opinion.

The issue is that we could at least be doing a little more to make this place more civilized.

Now, I know I might not be the most qualified to talk because of my short tenure here as a member, but I have lurked in threads a lot longer than that. And no, I'm not the admin, I haven't experienced what he's going through.

In any case, if you're satisfied with stagnation and don't want to try to change the place for the better after considering everything that has happened (demonstrating at least that there is a clear significant portion of users who would like to improve upon the forums), I don't really understand you at all.

(You being any person holding those views)

Just my .02, in before I get bashed for sharing a personal opinion.

Wow Lyle, never before have you posted something that I can so easily agree with.

In all honestly, I don't see what is so wrong with this place. Sure it is a hell hole with annoying prats, self-righteous know-it-alls, religious zealots, angry atheists, the FE4 THREAD, one overly critical guy in the written section, trolls and flamers, and Lyle. However, name me one large society (virtual or real) that was not utterly full of crap with bad and/or corrupt leadership, ignorant peasants, crime and discrimination. Of course we should work to fixing the problem, but jeez you guys, do not have tantrums over it. And certainly, do not act like you could do better unless you have done better.

Wow Lyle, never before have you posted something that I can so easily agree with.

In all honestly, I don't see what is so wrong with this place. Sure it is a hell hole with annoying prats, self-righteous know-it-alls, religious zealots, angry atheists, the FE4 THREAD, one overly critical guy in the written section, trolls and flamers, and Lyle. However, name me one large society (virtual or real) that was not utterly full of crap with bad and/or corrupt leadership, ignorant peasants, crime and discrimination. Of course we should work to fixing the problem, but jeez you guys, do not have tantrums over it. And certainly, do not act like you could do better unless you have done better.

NO Shuuda! Now they're going to toot their own horns and use raise ego! They're Sp. Def will rise to levels unheard of!