Look in Here!

Fox

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As I've said, that really tends to not work on SF. Because trust me, I've tried.

One person does not solve the entire problem, and doing it for a short time doesn't give them the message. Especially after a long time of making their lives miserable. You can't expect to be instantly forgiven. Plus if you're being respectful and the OTHER is being rude, you may report them.

Plus like I said, one person doing it doesn't fix the problem, plus you can't control people getting mad about incidents not related to you. Obviously some people will still be rude no matter what, but it's better some than being shitty to everyone and encouraging ALL to be. It shouldn't even be a QUESTION of "should we be respectful to other members", it should be an obvious thing. I guess asking a little bit of politeness on the internet is too much to ask though.

One of the rules is to not flame people, which is insulting them or making otherwise rude or hateful remarks. It should be common sense by now.

Edited by Cynthia

Yeah, and BK pointed this out. Thing is, you can't just retroactively do this shit.

Precisely. If one did so, it would seem even more of an immature move (or rather pointless).

One person does not solve the entire problem, and doing it for a short time doesn't give them the message. Especially after a long time of making their lives miserable. You can't expect to be instantly forgiven. Plus if you're being respectful and the OTHER is being rude, you may report them.

Plus like I said, one person doing it doesn't fix the problem, plus you can't control people getting mad about incidents not related to you. Obviously some people will still be rude no matter what, but it's better some than being shitty to everyone and encouraging ALL to be. It shouldn't even be a QUESTION of "should we be respectful to other members", it should be an obvious thing. I guess asking a little bit of politeness on the internet is too much to ask though.

One of the rules is to not flame people, which is insulting them or making otherwise rude or hateful remarks. It should be common sense by now.

Did you read my big post?

I spent months treating people with respect and kindness, along with a couple people who helped me. It really didn't go over too well.

I spent months treating people with respect and kindness, along with a couple people who helped me. It really didn't go over too well.

If you're referring to everything that happened in the Fire Emblem boards, I know exactly what you're talking about.

:rolleyes:

No, really.

Fox was the immature one. What was he trying to do? A revolution? As a moderator, he should have enough behind-the-scenes tools to deal with this kind of situation. Apparent Staff unity is important.

Im sorry.

However it seemed more to me that he was expressing an opinion. That is how i interpreted it. And i found it disturbing that he expressed a negative opinion on the admin. Yeah, he coulda resigned or whatever but what came to pass came to pass.

If you're referring to everything that happened in the Fire Emblem boards, I know exactly what you're talking about.

Yep. That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Did you read my big post?

Like I said, IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE PERSON. People have formulated this idea of all the "logical" people and "debaters" into one group of nasty people who make their lives on this forum miserable. As much as you don't want to be in that group, they are putting you there. You have to be willing to stand up and tell other people when they are being disrespecful too, and actively report them. People will realize you're not a part of that group then.

The problem is that people are making EXCUSES to not be respectful. "Oh he was an asshole" or "oh he's a fucking idiot" or "oh he doesn't show respect towards me." Who cares. Forgive and forget, holding a grudge does nothing.

Some members flat out insult people, and some give them an attitude that is obviously rude when they disagree with them. That's called flaming. Just because it's part of a "debate" doesn't mean it's not flaming. The facts themselves are not flaming, the way they are presented are though.

"Dude this is how it is *list of facts* so get it right or go home" is a rude way of phrasing something and is unneeded, when "This is how it is *list of facts*" can suffice. Or people just going "Dude you're fucking retarded and know nothing about the subject."

Like I said, IT TAKES MORE THAN ONE PERSON. People have formulated this idea of all the "logical" people and "debaters" into one group of nasty people who make their lives on this forum miserable. As much as you don't want to be in that group, they are putting you there. You have to be willing to stand up and tell other people when they are being disrespecful too, and actively report them. People will realize you're not a part of that group then.

The problem is that people are making EXCUSES to not be respectful. "Oh he was an asshole" or "oh he's a fucking idiot" or "oh he doesn't show respect towards me." Who cares. Forgive and forget, holding a grudge does nothing.

Some members flat out insult people, and some give them an attitude that is obviously rude when they disagree with them. That's called flaming. Just because it's part of a "debate" doesn't mean it's not flaming. The facts themselves are not flaming, the way they are presented are though.

"Dude this is how it is *list of facts* so get it right or go home" is a rude way of phrasing something and is unneeded, when "This is how it is *list of facts*" can suffice. Or people just going "Dude you're fucking retarded and know nothing about the subject."

Like I said, there WAS more than one person.

Would you like a comprehensive list?

No, really.

Fox was the immature one. What was he trying to do? A revolution? As a moderator, he should have enough behind-the-scenes tools to deal with this kind of situation. Apparent Staff unity is important.

This. THIS. THIS A HUNDRED TIMES OVER. That is the reason Fox as demoted, and not because of any childish reaction you all accuse me of. Yes I'm being a bitch to BK right now, and that's because he's being a dick all over, making matters worse. I will openly admit, I should suspend him at this point, but because I have decided to be a dick, I'm letting him dig his own, swiftly made, grave. The rules say getting warned many times in a day warrants a suspension. I'm waiving my right to do that right now, because the quicker he makes it to 100, the quicker I have 100% reason to ban him.

This. THIS. THIS A HUNDRED TIMES OVER. That is the reason Fox as demoted, and not because of any childish reaction you all accuse me of. Yes I'm being a bitch to BK right now, and that's because he's being a dick all over, making matters worse. I will openly admit, I should suspend him at this point, but because I have decided to be a dick, I'm letting him dig his own, swiftly made, grave. The rules say getting warned many times in a day warrants a suspension. I'm waiving my right to do that right now, because the quicker he makes it to 100, the quicker I have 100% reason to ban him.

As I've said, if you're going to warn him for an offense, you better be prepared to warn everyone for that offense.

So here, I agree with everything he said.

Now let's see if you'll actually warn me.

And this is also, you know, ignoring the fact that you might be wrong in your warning.

Edited by ZXValaRevan

Like I said, there WAS more than one person.

Would you like a comprehensive list?

I think you're missing the point. There is no excuse NOT to be respectful.

"Fuck you you're wrong and need to shut up when you don't know what you're talking about" doesn't help anything.

This. THIS. THIS A HUNDRED TIMES OVER. That is the reason Fox as demoted, and not because of any childish reaction you all accuse me of. Yes I'm being a bitch to BK right now, and that's because he's being a dick all over, making matters worse. I will openly admit, I should Ban him at this point, but because I have decided to be a dick, I'm letting him dig his own, swiftly made, grave. The rules say getting warned many times in a day warrants a suspension. I'm waiving my right to do that right now, because the quicker he makes it to 100, the quicker I have 100% reason to ban him.

Fixed for accuracy. He's been a troll that should've been banned months ago and he even openly admits it. Why hesitate?

Edited by Sirius

I think you're missing the point. There is no excuse NOT to be respectful.

"Fuck you you're wrong and need to shut up when you don't know what you're talking about" doesn't help anything.

No, you're missing the point. Reread my big post.

To be honest, Jyo... he and Steve have been trolling all time along, trying to test you and your staff. I'm amazed that they're still here after all they've done.

Yes, it does. It prevents pure morons from continuing discussing matters they have no knowledge of whatsoever. Idiots don't stop when you approach them gently. It makes them think they know what they're talking about. Obviously we don't need idiots roaming a topic, disturbing the discussion.

Just saying.

Edited by Tino

Congratulations. You've outed yourself as the failure-fearing child I've said you were throughout this thread.

You need to apologize and right your fuckup, right now. Because now people who thought that BK was being stupid? Now they think differently. You fucked up.

Congratulations. You've outed yourself as the failure-fearing child I've said you were throughout this thread.

You need to apologize and right your fuckup, right now. Because now people who thought that BK was being stupid? Now they think differently. You fucked up.

For what it's worth Jyo, I think you were right!

*Waves Jyo flag.*

To be honest, Jyo... he and Steve have been trolling all time along, trying to test you and your staff. I'm amazed that they're still here after all they've done.

Dude, I was aware of that, but I didn't want to look like a dick and just ban them. But apparently that's not possible.