New ticket system.

Jyosua

In an effort to change the way things are done, and get more input from the staff on issues members are having, I've implemented a ticket system. This will be replacing the old questions and suggestions board, and when new ideas are suggested that we want input from the entire community on, we'll make a topic in the newly resurrected Member Feedback forum. Note that this forum is only for staff to create topics in, but members can reply to them. These changes were brought about by a suggestion made by Tino, combined with an idea from Vincent, and my own spin on things.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So how exactly does that system work?

Do you have to pull out a virtual ticket and stand in a virtual line or what?

It's the question and suggestions board with some fancy queuing.

Just create a topic there (thus placing a ticket)... Then we as a staff can discuss your issue with you privately. If necessary we'll take it to the staff board and then, if we feel user input will be welcome, we post in the member feedback topic.

Perhaps it won't hurt to mention this: the forum rules apply to using this ticket system just like they apply to participating on the forum itself.

Just in case if...

EDIT: Also, Danny, such posts are spam. Deleted.

Edited by Tino

Just a minor thing, but this does this mean all the threads from the old board are gone? Or have they been merged somewhere else?

Edited by Le Communard

So we post a problem like in the "Questions and Suggestions" area and it gets answered? So it's basically the same right? I didn't completely understand what you meant.

While using the dropdown navigation tab at the bottom of the screen (to try and find the old questions and suggestions) I found out that we have a Miscellaneous board, which has no topics on it. What is it there for?

Then you probably can't see them.

The forum index is, y'know, the page where you see all the different forums you can post in? Tickets will eventually be completed, but more than one staff member's input would be nice, no?

Why? I don't see it as confidential. Unless it's really personal.

The threads in that section were neither provocative or discriminating to the administration, and there was a few active topic in that section too. Can you (the administration) explain to us, the member base as to why you've removed all the history of an entire section?

Also: what word do you have that you are going to do anything with these tickets? And how do we know that this isn't just another means of evading any issue us the member base have?

Can I possibly get a response from Jyosua, instead of idle speculation from his staff?

Edited by Art_Dragon

The threads in that section were neither provocative or discriminating to the administration, and there was a few active topic in that section too. Can you (the administration) explain to us, the member base as to why you've removed all the history of an entire section?

Also: what word do you have that you are going to do anything with these tickets? And how do we know that this isn't just another means of evading any issue us the member base have?

You can view the board by using the drop down menu in the bottom right corner and scrolling all the way down to a heading titled Miscellaneous. The Forum Graveyard section has a link to the old Questions and Suggestions board. To my knowledge, it is visible to everyone. (It's also listen on the main board listing.)

As for the new system, try it out yourself if you don't believe or trust that we're going to respond and act on your questions and concerns. We've already handled a few and if you have something legitimate to ask of us, we're willing to listen.

Edit: Never mind. It's invisible. I think that should be changed. There's nothing to hide. :/

Edited by Popo

Oh. Well, I just hid it because it was an eyesore and was cluttering up the layout :<

As for doing something about these tickets, I'm already answering them, and it emails me with every fucking ticket, so I'll see them all, whether I like it or not. Sure I could change that, but I kind of want it to slap me in the face.

Isn't this a step back? I mean all it does is make it so that other users can't share their opinions. If you present an idea like "Can we add a new sub-forum to (insert forum here)", you are basically asking without the consensus of other users, giving mods more power. Though it does have some usefulness too, especially when asking a question about a rule. Can't we make both options available, both public and private?

Edit: Nevermind, I missed something. Delete this.

Edited by Greenen

No, it's not a step back. Before, people who have no clue what they're talking about would reply to the thread that should have been replied to by a moderator. This way we are able to isolate each and every request, take it into consideration, and toss it around the staff forums for a bit. Not only will this make things more efficient, it will reduce the amount of drama created by people bawwwwing over not getting what they want.