Ticket System: Act II

Jyosua

Thanks to a suggestion by Popo and some quick work by our local Bidoof, suggestion tickets will now be made public when we review them. However, users can only post replies to their own tickets, unless we make a topic for that suggestion in the Member Feedback forum. Keep in mind the reviewing process is not instant, so it might be a couple hours sometimes before we make it public.

Can we ask for tickets to stay private?

I think you should keep the tickets public for people to see. So you don't have to answer the same problem twice.

If somebody is using a ticket to report something, it should be as confidential as a regular report/PM, imo.

Otherwise, it's a good idea to make them public as soon as possible, yes. Good move.

He asking if you can say "Please keep my ticket private" instead of public, not all tickets.

Though I guess that could be handled via PM, so...

If somebody is using a ticket to report something, it should be as confidential as a regular report/PM, imo.

Well that, and there's something else that people probably shouldn't know about right now.

Edited by Miror B.

This is a good move. This is what a lot of people were calling for, in case anyone was confused. Thank you for thinking it over and allowing that.

Although, looking now, there are probably a few that need to remain private... Like ones about specific members.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Is there a way to have a checkmark for privacy options? In other words, "check to make private"?

Otherwise, this is a great move. I definitely approve.

Double posting because I'm Bus.

Having seen the system at work, I like how it's works. It's kinda like our old report system, but for different reasons (reports were definitively for people fucking up). I do think there needs to be a private and public option - my intention with complaining was not to have it so members couldn't be anonymous, it was so they had the option of NOT being anonymous if they wanted - but so far, I like the transparency of it.

Very good change, Josh. Now, you just need that ticky-box.

There appears to be a bug right now with the ticket system - You can reply to tickets, but you can't make a new one because of an error. I need to figure out why that is... As for an option to make it private or public - that exists, but I can't isolate that option to just one section. That would require a lot of modification...

I intend for the questions and bugs sections to be completely private without choice. From the questions section, I intend to pull questions and answers to make an FAQ.

Also, Update on the ticket system bug: I fixed it.

Im so confused. I may never use this since i hardly ever suggest or question much but yeah. im very very confused. (dont worry about trying to explain it to me. its ok, im sure ill figure it out.)

Honestly, I have to say, a private option it pointless, if it's a private matter, PM a Mod. That Mod can take it to the Staff Forum. This is just my opinion though.

Also think making them public was a great idea. (Also shows you're listening :P)

Honestly, I have to say, a private option it pointless, if it's a private matter, PM a Mod. That Mod can take it to the Staff Forum. This is just my opinion though.

Also think making them public was a great idea. (Also shows you're listening :P )

Well making a ticket will get faster response, unless you plan on PMing the whole staff.

Well making a ticket will get faster response, unless you plan on PMing the whole staff.

Exactly why I like this system. I get emails for every ticket, so I try to respond ASAP, but let's be honest, I can't get to them all instantly, which is why the other mods are there to help out.