Member Badges - Character Nominations

Popo

EDIT: If I may also say, I think the current badges are boring as fuck. The mod ones. This website just has way too much green and paleness to it, and some bold badges would help make it seem a little less monotonous. I especially see a deep purple Valtome badge just popping with this color scheme, and if you're tasteful with your pallet, a fire crimson Boyd badge and Nephenee's teal could also work very well. But just color. Goddamnit.

Someone needs some more Magical Purple :newyears:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male: Boyd. Only because he's a sexy BEAST.

...But as far as we've been informed, these are just nominations, not votes.

Female: Nephenee

Andro: Valtome

EDIT: If I may also say, I think the current badges are boring as fuck. The mod ones. This website just has way too much green and paleness to it, and some bold badges would help make it seem a little less monotonous. I especially see a deep purple Valtome badge just popping with this color scheme, and if you're tasteful with your pallet, a fire crimson Boyd badge and Nephenee's teal could also work very well. But just color. Goddamnit.

Imagine that. A forest-themed site being green. Who would have ever thought?

Imagine that. A forest-themed site being green. Who would have ever thought?

Number one, you can hardly call the shades of quote unquote green on this website forest themed. They`re pastels, and they resemble the green frosting from my last birthday cake more than the rich greens and vibrant ocres of the woods.

Number two, every forest has it`s splashes of color. Wildflowers, insects, the occasional fungi growing from the decaying moss covered stumps. It`s these splashes of brown, blue, yellow, etc, that remind us how beautiful the green really is. They accentuate it! They make it delicious.

It`s white-faced bamboozlement to call the current layout of the website forest themed. It doesn`t stir images of a forest or any vibrant ecosystem for that matter. It`s meek, it`s pale, it`s sickly, and it`s where Easter eggs go to die.

An infusion of variety, of vivaciousness, can only reinvigorate the current bland feel of the layout here.

They don't have forests in Florida. Just groups of palm trees. Oh, and insects that could kill a pack of zebra.

I think someone mentioned the villain thing with Black Knight being nominated. I think that should be waived for that particular instance. As someone else stated, there's no more androgynous person in either game than that character, the fact that they're a villain should be meaningless.

I think someone mentioned the villain thing with Black Knight being nominated. I think that should be waived for that particular instance. As someone else stated, there's no more androgynous person in either game than that character, the fact that they're a villain should be meaningless.

Indeed. It looks like many jumped on the Black Knight Bandwagon.

As I said before, the Black Knight is a playable, allied unit for several chapters in FE10, so he is "good" - even if it is for just a short while. This, along with his lack of identity, makes him perfect for the unspecified choice, in my opinion. I doubt many individuals would like Oliver (Seriously what? Why nominate this abomination? He exists to be hated. Making him playable in FE10 is just awesome trolling by Intelligent Systems) or a generic soldier (lol) on the badge just because they choose not to specify their gender. BeeKay All The Way.

Edited by Raven

They don't have forests in Florida. Just groups of palm trees. Oh, and insects that could kill a pack of zebra.

I mentioned that he would be an acceptable nomination a few pages ago. :3

I doubt many individuals would like Oliver (Seriously what? Why nominate this abomination? He exists to be hated. Making him playable in FE10 is just awesome trolling by Intelligent Systems)

3+ nominations

Just saying

Considering this is a vote, you better hope the majority of the forest agrees with you.

Democracy at it's finest.

The problem with having awesome characters like the Black Knight is that it doesn't balance with other badges. If you go for Black Knight for unset gender, you're basically going to have to have Ike for male and Elincia for female, otherwise they'll just be unbalanced and kind of random. Not to mention whoever the mods want for characters will be "outranked" by the awesomeness of the regular badges. Picking common characters makes a lot more sense intuitively.

Edited by California Mountain Snake

The problem with having awesome characters like the Black Knight is that it doesn't balance with other badges. If you go for Black Knight for unset gender, you're basically going to have to have Ike for male and Elincia for female, otherwise they'll just be unbalanced and kind of random. Not to mention whoever the mods want for characters will be "outranked" by the awesomeness of the regular badges. Picking common characters makes a lot more sense intuitively.

Give this man a donut! We should totally do this shit by tier man.

Male - Ike

Female - Micaiah

neutral - Sephiran

Personally I don't think it would be that much of a problem if we could get to choose between several characters for each category. (Except creating the badges of course.) Wouldn't the background color be enough to see to what categorie a badge belongs to?

And about the tiers thing, perhabs if we are lucky and the winners are in the same tier anyway. We will see.

Love this idea. Actually, Micaiah wouldn't be a bad idea for female either. Not that I mind Elincia.

If I had to vote for each usergroup's badges, I'd probably go for the following:

I've already voted once so don't consider this post when totalling the tally

Administrator: Greil (Since there are only male admins right now, right?)

Male Global Moderator: Ike

Female Global Moderator: Elincia

Undefined Global Moderator: Black Knight

Male Member: Edward

Female Member: Mia

Undefined Member: Uhh... Maybe the FE logo or something.

I think it's a good way to put status into the badges, anyway. Greil was clearly the best when he was in his prime.

Love this idea. Actually, Micaiah wouldn't be a bad idea for female either. Not that I mind Elincia.

It would be nice if the staff managed to harmonize those somehow, indeed.

If I had to vote for each usergroup's badges, I'd probably go for the following:

I've already voted once so don't consider this post when totalling the tally

Administrator: Greil (Since there are only male admins right now, right?)

Male Global Moderator: Ike

Female Global Moderator: Elincia

Undefined Global Moderator: Black Knight

Male Member: Edward

Female Member: Mia

Undefined Member: Uhh... Maybe the FE logo or something.

I think it's a good way to put status into the badges, anyway. Greil was clearly the best when he was in his prime.

lol poor greil only you have mentioned him. i completly forgot him XD

A friendly reminder to those who haven't voted yet--today is the last day to submit your nominations. This thread will close sometime around 9PM tonight, so try to get your votes in by then. :3