Alignment test

book of life

Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Lawful Neutral here

Although like with most polls like this I did have a few issues with the questions. An example is...

If offered enough money, would you slip a poison into your king's drink?

Yes, and I've done similar things before

Yes, if I thought I could get away with it

No, although a vast sum of money would tempt me

No, and I'd warn the king of the plot

What kind of a king? I am not one who would kill someone for $$$, but if it was someone like Adolf Hitler, I wouldn't have a 2nd thought, hell it would be killing 2 birds with 1 stone if anything.

I went under the assumption it was a "good" king and picked 4.

Neutral Good

A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. The common phrase for neutral good is "true good." Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias toward or against order.

What a stupid test, some of the questions are very silly.

Such as it's chaotic evil to not care for politics. That's obviously chaotic neutral. Then there's the idea that it's chaotic evil fits people who don't have the same interest as otehrs anymore.

And if these aren't chaotic evil then it's favoured towards one side more than another.

I'm lawful neutral, by the way.

I always have a problem with these tests because I know exactly what I want to score on them, so I base my answers off of that. And as far as answering honestly, that's impossible because most of the situations could never happen.

It's more irritating that almost every alignment is "the best to have".

in that particular alignment's view, anyway :awesome:

Your Character’s Alignment

Based on your answers to the quiz, your character’s most likely alignment is Neutral.

Neutral

A neutral character does what seems to be a good idea. [s/he] doesn’t feel strongly one way or the other when it comes to good vs. evil or law vs. chaos. Most neutrality is a lack of conviction or bias rather than a commitment to neutrality. Such a character thinks of good as better than evil. After all, [s/he] would rather have good neighbors and rulers than evil ones. Still, [s/he’s] not personally committed to upholding good in any abstract or universal way. Some neutral characters, on the other hand, commit themselves philosophically to neutrality. They see good, evil, law, and chaos as prejudices and dangerous extremes. They advocate the middle way of neutrality as the best, most balanced road in the long run. The common phrase for neutral is "true neutral." Neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you act naturally, without prejudice or compulsion.

--excerpted from the Player’s Handbook, Chapter 6

...Can't say I'm surprised.

Chaotic Evil

A chaotic evil character does whatever his greed, hatred, and lust for destruction drive him to do. He is hot-tempered, vicious, arbitrarily violent, and unpredictable. If simply out for whatever he can get, he is ruthless and brutal. If he is committed to the spread of evil and chaos, he is even worse. Thankfully, his plans are haphazard, and any groups he joins or forms are poorly organized. Typically, chaotic evil people can only be made to work together by force, and their leader lasts only as long as he can thwart attempts to topple or assassinate him. The demented sorcerer pursuing mad schemes of vengeance and havoc is chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is sometimes called "demonic" because demons are the epitome of chaotic evil. Chaotic evil is the most dangerous alignment because it represents the destruction not only of beauty and life but of the order on which beauty and life depend.

...Damn, I am Cynical, but THIS?

Lawful Neutral

A lawful neutral character acts as law, tradition, or a personal code directs her. Order and organization are paramount to her. She may believe in personal order and live by a code or standard, or she may believe in order for all and favor a strong, organized government. The common phrase for lawful neutral is "true lawful." Lawful neutral is the best alignment you can be because it means you are reliable and honorable without being a zealot.

Can't say I'm surprised. Though I expected lawful good (I'm pretty much the definition of a goody-two-shoes). But yeah, many of the questions were pretty ridiculous.