Sothe and Baselard.

Baselard?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Sothe for Baselard?

• Yes, he actually does do better with it
    • No, he's still a waste of time. Give it to Volke.
    • Eff both of them. Give it to Fireman.

Is Sothe any good when using Baselard? I always bring Volke and give it to him. Then I pretty much disreguard Sothe and he turns out useless. (Especially with a 28 strength cap.) But if I give him Baselard would he be any good? Or should I just let Volke keep Baselard? I mean I could always give Volke a Stilleto or Peshkatz. (With Criticals and Leathiality and a 32 strength cap, I'm certain he'll still be awesome) I just want to know if Sothe is really the waste of time I've always thought he was. (At least at the endgame.)

In my first playthrough, I shared it between them. In each chapter, one got Baselard and the other got a blessed Peshkatz.

I didn't train Sothe too well, however, and he ended up being only useful as a spirit-killer.

I give Sothe Baselard. Yes, his strength cap is low, but Micaiah's support gives him +2 attack, so it's like he has 30 strength instead (not like it's much, but it's something). Plus, when he's right next to Micaiah, his critical chance goes up a lot *remembers* Oh, that's right, assassins have a +25 critical chance.... Oh well, I give Sothe Baselard everytime and turns out well for me, but it's your choice

Third option is the best.

Anyway, Volke obviously does better with the Baselard than Sothe, but since you're forced to use Sothe, that's where the question comes in. I suppose it's more of a matter of personal preference.

Okay. Thanks for the advice. So I've learned that Sothe isn't bad at all, provided you don't make him that way. In the end it really is all about personal preference. (Baselard for Volke it is!)

I would never give Baselard either Sothe nor Volke. Sothe is just a waste of potential with a Str cap of 28?! while Volke comes really late. And by the time your able to recruit him, you'd probably already assembled your team and you no need for him anyways.

I would never give Baselard either Sothe nor Volke. Sothe is just a waste of potential with a Str cap of 28?! while Volke comes really late. And by the time your able to recruit him, you'd probably already assembled your team and you no need for him anyways.

And I'm guessing you wont give to Heather, either... so no Baselard for you?

*agrees on lame str cap*

It's pretty obvious Heather don't deserve the Baselard either. Also, why would you ever bring Heather in the final chapter anyways? I mean c'mon shes just like Sothe, theres no way she can be in your end game. Unless your doing a all-female run-through or you happen to love her. <_<

It's pretty obvious Heather don't deserve the Baselard either. Also, why would you ever bring Heather in the final chapter anyways? I mean c'mon shes just like Sothe, theres no way she can be in your end game. Unless your doing a all-female run-through or you happen to love her. <_<

Me. And in easy mode, for lulz.

Yeah, I wouldn't bring Heather to the final chapter, unless it's for lulz

I used Volke on my first Playtrough... hehe

He used Lethality, or crit every 10/30 atacks.... yes he is a Beast...

Solthe is good for Cover =\ and Kill enemys that got miracle evasive.

Edited by Gemini-Saga

^never got Baselard??? why on earth would you not get it?

I didn't get it the first time. I didn't know it was hidden in the sand. I was too concerned over getting Stefan.

I know I got it somewhere other than Volke (because I didn't hire him, I like my money :D ) but I'm not sure if I got it in the sand....

My sothe I got to level 20 before he promoted and then got him up to level 15ish as a Whisper, he was pretty awesome with Baselard. Sure, he doesn't always kill on one turn but he's fast enough it doesn't matter, the enemies didn't get to him much.

That being said, I never tried Volke. Cuz I'm a Sothe fan. B)

P.S. Sothe with Baselard is perfect for killing the spirit thingies that you fight in the endgame.

That being said, I never tried Volke. Cuz I'm a Sothe fan. B)

P.S. Sothe with Baselard is perfect for killing the spirit thingies that you fight in the endgame.

you and me are gonna get along JUST fine :)

I know I got it somewhere other than Volke (because I didn't hire him, I like my money :D ) but I'm not sure if I got it in the sand....

Just to let you know....If you recruit Volke and keep him alive, you get an info conversation with him the next chapter. During the conversation, Volke gives you 20,000 gold.

So you actually lose money by not hiring Volke. Strange....I never thought I'd use that sentence....

i give the baselard to Sothe, but only because i'm forced to use him. i usually don't like the thieve/rouge/assasin class, and i don't use them except in maps with many treasure chests.....