FE8 Hard Type

Defeatist Elitist

I tried again. This time, I decided to bypass the abort thing and say that if the files were incompatible, I would ignore it. Bad idea on my part D:. The game file became corrupt, so I deleted it. I then proceded to try and download it again. FOr some reason, now the downloads abort for that game -_-. Ah well; I still have FE6 NM/HM and then FE7 HNM,HHM, and EHM to do anyways XD. I may try again later.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says it's incompatible with my GBA emulator. O_o. I use VBA.

Are you trying to Soft Patch? That won't work with this patch. You MUST use the UPS patcher and hard patch the file.

EDIT: Important Update: I just remembered I had to raise the Con of a bunch of monsters. The patch is now updated to reflect that.

Edited by Fia 

Can you just give me a step by step tutorial of how to patch it? >_> I'm really bad with this stuff.

Sure, no problem.

First, make sure you have an unzipped, clean copy of Sacred Stones. You should also probably have a backup copy.

Then make sure you have my patch. Also, make sure you download NUPS, I linked to where you can find it earlier in this topic.

Open up NUPS and click "Apply an UPS patch to a file". Under "File to Patch" browse and find your copy of Sacred Stones. Under "UPS Patch", browse and find my patch. Then just click "Run".

After that it should be ready to run.

hoooooooooooly ****... I tried again and it worked o.O

Edit: Hey, did you change up Gillam so he wouldn't be doubled or something? He is at level 5 for me and already has 7 speed. Last time I used him on my normal copy, he had 8 speed at 20/3 Plus, his base str of 13 seems waaaaaay too high.

Edited by tehnikhil

hoooooooooooly ****... I tried again and it worked o.O

Edit: Hey, did you change up Gillam so he wouldn't be doubled or something? He is at level 5 for me and already has 7 speed. Last time I used him on my normal copy, he had 8 speed at 20/3 Plus, his base str of 13 seems waaaaaay too high.

Uh oh. Are you using the old patch or the new one? That is way too high, in the new one his stats should work. Lemme check.

EDIT: No, crap, you're right, I'll fix it in a sec.

EDIT: Fixed. It should work now.

Edited by Fia 

If I re download the patch, will I have to start over? I dont' really want to do that XD.

Oh, and what happened to him? Did you accidentally give him enemy bonuses?

You won't have to start over, but your Gilliam WILL still have the raised stats.

And yes, you're basically right, I forgot to lower his stats to compensate for the boost to Knight's Base stats.

Aaaaah... I understand. So, does that mean that you had to go around to every playable character and lower their stats back to how they are in normal FE8?

Not all of them, but a fair few. Obviously some classes just aren't used except for players (like Lords or Female Classes), and some didn't need to be strengthened, but yeah, there where a lot of changes that needed to be made. For anyone who's going through, please tell me if you find any such anomalies.

I actually kinda enjoy the godly gillam XD. It makes up for the weakened Seth. I am so using him for the entire game. ALthough, he does fall behind as a general... great knight it is :D

I agree though; Seth's black sprite is awesome :D.

I actually kinda enjoy the godly gillam XD. It makes up for the weakened Seth. I am so using him for the entire game. ALthough, he does fall behind as a general... great knight it is :D

I agree though; Seth's black sprite is awesome :D.

Yeah, I love Seth's cavalier sprite. It's fitting.

Did you color Seth;s sprite, or was it programed?

It wasn't programmed, but I managed to find an existing palette for another character that worked perfectly. Otherwise I would have had to have colored it myself. It was kind of a spur of the moment thing "I wonder how Seth would look with this palette?"

Edited by Fia 

My Ross got 1 shotted in his joining chapter T_T. Ah well, I am using mostly mounted guys anyways I guess XD (Red/green cavs, Franz, seth, Great kn gillam, vanessa, cormag, etc). It just happens to be that the mounted units are the best guys in this game, especially gillam in this patch since I still have the old version with his buffs :D

My Ross got 1 shotted in his joining chapter T_T. Ah well, I am using mostly mounted guys anyways I guess XD (Red/green cavs, Franz, seth, Great kn gillam, vanessa, cormag, etc). It just happens to be that the mounted units are the best guys in this game, especially gillam in this patch since I still have the old version with his buffs :D

The key to using Ross effectively in this patch is to abuse his 1-2 range.

Ross gets doubled by Brigands, so I couldn't get him to Pirate by Chapter 5, which I'm playing right now. I was having trouble with him surviving there with only Franz as protection, so I had to deviate from my usual strategy in this chapter. So, he'll promote in Chapter 6, which is going to be hard. 7 will be easy though, it's straightforward charge at the castle. I'm not decided whether to go Eirika or Ephraim. Getting the Rapier in Chapter 9 is difficult without a strong Ross, but Ephraim will be hell.

I'm extremely tempted to promote Seth to GK just for the lulz.