Who here plays Mega Man?

CrashGordon94

Mega Man? I say Rock Man. Yes I have played pretty much all of Rock Man up until the odd series "Star Force" came out then I dropped it. The Battle Network series was alright I since it was still the GBA era and my friends actually did Net Battles for fun. But with my Mega Man collectors edition, Rock Man 9 download (PS3), X collection and X7/X8 I've played my fill of Rock Man. I prefer from NES to SNES to be honest seems to be more nostalgic for me good music, interesting twist and what not.

1-6/8, X1-6/8, Zero 1-4 here. Most of those through emulation though, which just isn't the same thing... except for X8 (lol Windows port). Which I never managed to finish (goddamn spikes and pits).

But Rockman indeed; the soundtrack is awesome, especially in the classic series.

i have played X1-6 (X7-8 sucks IMO), Z1-3 (Z4 sucks too) and ZX (ZX:A sucks aswell)

I have done some speedruns for the Zero series, and probably will do some on the X series.

EDIT: I have also played Battle Network 4-6 (i dont feel like playing it anymore). Oh and Starforce fucking sucks.

Edited by Rolanmen1

I like the classic Series and the X series (except X7: that one fucking sucked major dick). Wasn't a fan of the Zero series and everything else just fails.

As far as hacks go, Megaman Forever (MM4) is going to be the best Rockman/Megaman hack ever once it's completed. There's several other good hacks out I like such as Deus Ex Machina, No Constancy, Exhaust, Minimum, Deluxe, (all for RM2) Ultra, Exile (for MM2) and Wily's Dream Space (for RM5). What bugs me a lot is that there is absolutely NO hacks for the X games.

Edited by Black Luster Soldier

I own Megaman 1-6, 8, 9, X3-6, X8, and Battle network 3. I grew up on the classic series, so it's dear to me. I just discovered the X series recently, and consequentially bought an SNES because of it. BN3 was a pretty awesome game though too, but I dislike the pokemon two version ripoff in the BN series.

Megaman X has to be my favorite series within the Megaman er...contiuum? The games just ooze atmosphere.Only real bad one was X7 (at least X8 was enjoyable on some level). You can't not love the original, Zero series I found fun and a good continuation. Battle Network s fun as a game, and Star Force...ugh...

Couple problems I have with the contiuum though that could have made the story pretty epic rather than just good vs evil though...

1. Sigma reappeared in every goddamn game when he didn't need to be. If here were just in X1 then being rebuilt in X6, it actually would have made more sense than "well, Sigma did it, go git 'im!"

2. X's "spirit" in the Zero series. Wtf man? Zero's the robot whisperer now? It should have been true that X built Neo Arcadia (could they have come up with a cornier name?) for the sole purpose his copy claimed, his copy doing his bidding while he kept hidden.

3. The definition of Maverick. All the virus that "causes it" does is seem to make those infected blatantly evil. I mean, how do we know they just didn't go mad on their own? They're reploids, they have emotions and thus have a psyche that can be twisted. Hell, is a Maverick any reploid who just acts out of line? Jeez, that would make X and Zero basically part of a death squad. If this were the case though, what Zero did would make a LOT more sense. In fact, it would make the whole series make more sense if number 1 and 2 up there was implied. Sigma's dead, yet still mavericks. X clears the smoke. X3, Doppler claims the whole reason is a virus. He tests the theory, and it can't really be proven, because the so called "originator" is dead. He certainly wouldn't purposefully infect himself. Basically goes mad trying to prove something that doesn't exist to come up with a cure (quite the excuse for beings that have emotions and a consionce(sp), don't you think?). X has to terminate him for his encrazed actions. X4, you aren't just fighting renegade mavericks and mad scientists, these are people who mostly disagree with Maverick Hunter actions. From here, it starts to become more about Zero and less about X. Dragoon alone you could say was the one who turned Zero's mind as to if what he was doing was right, but Iris can sort of pitch in to that. X5 we all know the problem, but afterwards there is that strange final area to investigate. This could be a secondary lab of Gate's, and while they don't see Gate there (Gate IS fond of nostalgic works...), X and Zero have a squabble over their actions. Zero thinks what they're doing is murderous, and X thinks that it's all for the greater good. They fight, but afterwards realize they must destroy the lab, as the virus seems to be real, but this is the first time they could actually have proved it. Go on to X6, where we find out Gate's rebuilt Sigma (told ya it would make more sense), as to bring about a real virus. If all "mavericks" can be blamed on a virus, he would make his own and make everyone go "maverick" to see how far they'd go. Seems they'd go so far as to have him killed by X, who then kills Sigma's reanimated junk body. He kept the virus sealed and as Zero slept he would go on to make sure that virus had spread to absolutely no one. Any "maverick" would simply be put to an end. This virus was able to morph Sigma's "zombie" into a robotic nightmare, and we see it later in the Zero series. This virus could be the Dark Elf...X7 and X8 don't matter as they aren't cannon (neither is X6, though at least it tried). Zero over time then wakes up to see the nightmare his old friend had caused, and so Zero is branded a maverick. You can see where this is going...

But you see? Plenty more epic, don't ya think?

4. Though this brings me to confusion about cyber elves...Wtf was that all about? Just seems like a silly idea, especially since they hardly come into play outside of story.

Cyber elfs and stuff like that was just a ploy to help out Zero with upgrades and other little things. I never felt like collecting them all anyway. Also after Zero 4 ended and ZX came out I was like WTF are they thinking now Biometal? Well I'm not going to nitpick but we all know very well that the series is now being milked and milked. I wonder what's next they will come up with next Rockman X Battle Network.

Edited by Blazing_Soul

Cyber elfs and stuff like that was just a ploy to help out Zero with upgrades and other little things. I never felt like collecting them all anyway. Also after Zero 4 ended and ZX came out I was like WTF are they thinking now Biometal? Well I'm not going to nitpick but we all know very well that the series is now being milked and milked. I wonder what's next they will come up with next Rockman X Battle Network.

Spare parts would have made more sense then, as basically every single area of the Zero series looks absolutely ruined.

Lol, Megaman Zero Network

Why do people who like Battle Network think Starforce sucks? Aren't they almost exactly the same game but with a different battle perspective?

I have no idea.

Starforce is just really boring for some reason. I don't know why though.

Battle network=WIN. Especially battle network 6. Battle network 1 and 2

were great games, but the random virus battle were such a big pain that

after playing one of those games, you get good at virus busting and battles

in the games afterwards seem incredibly easy.

Why do people who like Battle Network think Starforce sucks? Aren't they almost exactly the same game but with a different battle perspective?

Having played a bit of Starforce 1 (read: really, really trying not to delete it off my flashcart, as the story is ABOMINABLE), there is a difference. In BN, you had a grid of nine on your side that you could move around in. In Starforce, you have only three squares, and the game's shitty graphics do more to get in the way than anything. It's hard to read counter opportunities, and you often get stuck when enemies start attacking since you can't go anywhere.

I think Battle Network, as a game, is much better, especially since the focus with Starforce seems to be with online play.

• 3 weeks later...

The timeless megaman series, I love the classic series best played all 9 of them and the gaiden with Treble and Bass, played X1-4 (1-3 were very good), played ZX and ZX advent which were alright (the latter had an amazing final stage), enjoyed the zero series which brought old school challenge to the GBA, enjoyed the first BN game but never played another (I prefer MM as a fairly straightforward action series). Never tried the 3d megaman games.

Megaman 9 showed that MM gameplay is timeless

In Starforce, the game actually forces you to use shields if you don't want to get hit when fighting bosses. Although I didn't have to restart once until the final boss (in Black Ace), it was still annoying.

• 4 weeks later...

I always loved the megaman series. I have yet to play any of the megaman rpgs.

My favorite series is the legend series, followed by the x series, followed by the original series.

Legends 2 is my particular favorite followed by X1. I actually really liked x6 aside from the lol story. ZX was ok.

Edited by Lancelot