Swordmasters.

Swordmasters  

119 members have voted

1. 1. SWordmasters

• Mia
    • Zihark
    • Stefan
    • Lucia(Lol)

Zihark, better durability + supports than Stefan = win.

Mia = fail.

Lucia = Fail.

This pretty much sums it up.

I can't believe Mia has more votes than Stefan though, since he beats her in like every category, save some time he isn't around and she isn't very good.

Edited by -Cynthia-

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zihark, better durability + supports than Stefan = win.

Mia = fail.

Lucia = Fail.

This pretty much sums it up.

I can't believe Mia has more votes than Stefan though, since he beats her in like every category, save some time he isn't around and she isn't very good.

The question is "which do you prefer"? Anyone could choose Mia simply for being able to have one unit with wrath + vantage and another with guard + vantage, or two with wrath + vantage or something. Or just two units with vantage period (Naesala doesn't count). Or because they like female units more than males. Or because they don't want someone who can be critted forever by a fair portion of enemies (talking about Stefan, not Zihark for this one). At least in this game enemy skill sucks so even 5 lck means a lot of enemies can't crit him anyway, but certainly he can get critted more frequently than Mia.

If the question asked for best I would have said Zihark. Since it isn't, I chose Mia.

Zikark,but Mia is not that bad,and she have more Luck and Resitance than him,and probably more Magic,so she can use the Rune Sword for the final chapter.But Zihark come with Adept and a Killing Edge,and that's awesome!

Zihark. Stefan's luck sucks too much.

Luck is an overrated stat (how often are you going to take a critical hit anyways?). Stefan's luck isn't too much of a problem. But Zihark still wins.

my personal experience speaks otherwise, and personal experience means everything.

Stefan just because he's an awesome character. I wouldn't mind using all the Swordmasters, although Mia is a bit weak in terms of power.

Edited by Eltoshen

Zihark. Stefan's luck sucks too much.

Luck is an overrated stat (how often are you going to take a critical hit anyways?). Stefan's luck isn't too much of a problem. But Zihark still wins.

His evade is also poor because of his luck. Zihark probably has a 15 avoid lead overall due to luck + earth support, and overall Stefan does have problems taking the critical hits themselves considering his defense -- it's just another factor in his frailty, which hammers him as a unit.

To me it had to be between Stefan for his awesomeness or Zihark for just being uber in battle, but I ended up choosing Zihark instead.

Also, wow, I know Mia can be a great swordmaster and all, but beating Stefan...?

^It's a preference poll.

I choose Stefan. No need to train him so other peoples have time to level up. And as for bad luck. It's luck. Luck isn't too necessary. Unless you have no luck (that's right Knoll, I'm looking at YOU!)

Zihark is better, but I don't have the patience to train him.

• 3 weeks later...

Mia can either be not bad or suck completely. Theres no way for her to be awesome in this game. D:

My vote goes to Zihark. Hes really great in the long run. Him and Stefan can dynamic duo really well.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Zihark, because, plain and simple, his personality rules and his stats rule even more. Mia just stinks.

While I have no issue with someone saying Zihark is better, though it is debateable, saying Mia stinks is ridiculous. Plus their stats are rather similar for a long time. The main difference is Adept and Earth.

So if you think Zihark's stats rule even more than his personality, wouldn't Mia's stats rule too?

Meh~ I prefer using Mia in Radiant Dawn, so I'll always get her to 20/20. Zihark always comes shortly after, since I end up with spare slots in PoR, and I always might try Zihark out in Radiant Dawn sometime.

Zihark, because, plain and simple, his personality rules and his stats rule even more. Mia just stinks.

While I have no issue with someone saying Zihark is better, though it is debateable, saying Mia stinks is ridiculous. Plus their stats are rather similar for a long time. The main difference is Adept and Earth.

So if you think Zihark's stats rule even more than his personality, wouldn't Mia's stats rule too?

Maybe it's just me, but Mia is really weird and hard to train, for my team. She comes in at Chap. 7, and is nowhere near strong enough STR and DEF to take on Chapter 8. She comes underleveled for my teams, and therefore she seems like a stinky unit. And besides that her personality is funky. She's great in Radiant Dawn, in my opinion BETTER than Zihark, but that doesn't help for this poll.

Maybe it's just me, but Mia is really weird and hard to train, for my team. She comes in at Chap. 7, and is nowhere near strong enough STR and DEF to take on Chapter 8. She comes underleveled for my teams, and therefore she seems like a stinky unit. And besides that her personality is funky. She's great in Radiant Dawn, in my opinion BETTER than Zihark, but that doesn't help for this poll.

Of course RD doesn't help for this poll. I'm glad you think Mia's better in RD than Zihark though.

Anyway, her chapter 8 issues are solved by bexp. You have bexp, may as well spend it:

Boyd can use some (if you get him to ~level 10 and give him a forge he'll ORKO armors)

Oscar can use some (yay for more doubling)

Mia can use some (3HKO armors with armorslayer while doubling. Also gives her a level lead on Zihark in chapter 11 and then in chapter 12 when he can have bexp Mia should be a high enough level from cexp that he'll need more bexp than she initially took just to catch up in stats.)

Soren's basically 4th on the priority list for bexp in that chapter. (Mia was 3rd, but you get enough they can all have some.)

The next time there is a reason to put a somewhat large amount on her is chapter 12. Zihark would simply take more bexp to get to double ravens with laguzslayer than Mia would at this point.

Not saying it necessarily makes her better. I'm perfectly happy seeing anyone state Mia is best, second best, or third best Swordmaster in PoR. But I don't see stinky in her when you have enough bexp to make multiple units (at the same time) better than they would be otherwise.

I voted Stefan, because now, in my first run, both Mia & Zihark died *sigh* :(

But I have to accept, if I trained Zihark he would be better than Stefan, Stefan's only bad point is his Luck.

Zihark is nearly tied to having the same Str, but he wins because of supports and way better Avo.

Zihark. If your especially playing with transfer data for RD, he can actually be better than Mia in RD. Zihark is the only Swordmaster to not have any failure in any stats.