ITT I rank the characters

hello GothicGamers

i would appreciate it if you read a tier list FAQ

maybe a debate FAQ

and perhaps fix your enter key

before commenting again

Epic Win.

Smash, you do realise that that's how you use mages, right? By having them attack first before moving people up? Or do you have your mages tank?

really i am offended

who cares if lauras def is the crappiest in the game

her avo is nearly as fast as mia

or maybe u r one of those gatrie lovers

hell i hate gatrie

@GG: You may hate Gatrie, but Crown him and he goes from slightly above average to near-god mode. Ultra tank that 2RKOs (sometimes 1HKOs) everything in sight that's not a boss? Yes please.

She has crappy def? Perfect. Now all we need is for someone to run in and snipe her pretty face. Unlike Rhys, this is a problem because the DB isn't made of tanks. In the GMs you could wall a map down with 10 spots.

Edited by Joshybear25

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Narga, me, and many other people are aware that her durability is ass. But using her isn't so much of a detriment as training any of those useless units that were placed in the 1.5 range. Think of her as your GBA Sniper except scratch an Enemy Phase.

It is an exercise in uselessness, Colonel M. Goldoa smash would not move even when half a dozen people descended on this thread and argued that Shinon was rated too highly as compared to Boyd, using smash's own criteria as evidence. He does not rate average-durability units highly unless they are herons or Zihark. His description of units like Nephenee betrays his lack of understanding of how to use them effectively.

Sanaki is just icing on the cake, as it were, since she certainly has her uses because of forced status, despite her durability. Narga hit on a lot of important points WRT to what you can do with her, especially when you're talking about 4-3 where enemy units have 2MV in the sand and she can OHKO Dracos, or in 4-E-3 where she can use Blood Tide with a siege tome. smash did not respond to any of those points when I posted them in the tier topic, so it's too much to expect he'd address anything but weak and easily-refuted points here.

Tch, I have low self-confidence. That, and I've screwed up many times even on the FEDS one (then again it was particularly to class options and some like Draug spiking up to Cord and Barst level).

Tch, I have low self-confidence. That, and I've screwed up many times even on the FEDS one (then again it was particularly to class options and some like Draug spiking up to Cord and Barst level).

And yet in the end I'm sure yours would look better. You'd actually listen when people tell you how you might be incorrect about something, judge characters on their merits and not your own personal biases, be consistent with your stated goals. Smash has done none of these. Also he tends to forget about how Aran is not the speed warrior he can be in NM since bexp is much more scarce. The idea that using 6 levels of bexp on Aran (when you don't even have that much in the DBs part 3 and he'd have to take from other convoys in part 4 and still might not have enough) is similar "favouritism" to giving paragon to the poster child for doritos what we want out of paragon for just one chapter is ridiculous.

And yet in the end I'm sure yours would look better. You'd actually listen when people tell you how you might be incorrect about something, judge characters on their merits and not your own personal biases, be consistent with your stated goals. Smash has done none of these. Also he tends to forget about how Aran is not the speed warrior he can be in NM since bexp is much more scarce. The idea that using 6 levels of bexp on Aran (when you don't even have that much in the DBs part 3 and he'd have to take from other convoys in part 4 and still might not have enough) is similar "favouritism" to giving paragon to the poster child for doritos what we want out of paragon for just one chapter is ridiculous.

^This.Go for it Colonel M,you've got nothing to lose(you'd have to do pretty badly to be worse than this.)

Is that so?

Because every time I play Part 4 Endgame

I have never before had a dragon OHKO Ilyana, never have I seen that. Highly doubtful in my knowledge,

Yes yes I know that age does not count within the game, but IS I believe is trying to be real with it,

I mean you did know that Sanaki was 13 right?

Now would you expect a 13 year old to have an HP count of 50 or perhaps 60?

I highly doubt that a child my age would have high DEF either, and in the same situation of Ilyana I have never

seen a dragon OHKO Sanaki or even remember it hitting her or Ilyana

Though white dragons might be a nuisance to Haar or Ike because of their low RES

But otherwise I have never experienced a red dragons OHKO Ilyana before

Or maybe that is the matter of fact that I play on easy for the most part,

Oh well my opinion is mine as your's is your's

EDIT:

Oh and i forgot to add that Ilyana has an eating problem right?

So from that, I can determine that she would usually be weary from the lack of food

Am I correct?

Now you may be thinking what does that have to do with her low speed; and if you do

that is because she might not have the energy to move as quick as Mia

Quote me if I am wrong

Not to be mean or anything, but you can't really say that someones eating problems results in a lack of speed, because IS probably made growth rates and bases before anything else (personality) and so that isn't really a factor

I had my own character ranking topic, but then the first half got eaten and I kind of got discouraged...Yeah...

I really liked yours, but I understand getting discouraged and not finishing.

I think Narga, me, and many other people are aware that her durability is ass. But using her isn't so much of a detriment as training any of those useless units that were placed in the 1.5 range. Think of her as your GBA Sniper except scratch an Enemy Phase.

Yeah, a GBA sniper like Wolt or Wil. She's certainly not like Rebecca or Neimi, since those two actually have good offense when trained.

Yeah, a GBA sniper like Wolt or Wil. She's certainly not like Rebecca or Neimi, since those two actually have good offense when trained.

Wolt has a few good supports actually... but that's besides the pont. Sanaki deal pretty nice chip damage right off the bat actually. And I don't see you saying Laura or Micaiah suck cuz you have to protect them. And you rank Bation better than Sanaki as well.

Wolt has a few good supports actually... but that's besides the pont. Sanaki deal pretty nice chip damage right off the bat actually. And I don't see you saying Laura or Micaiah suck cuz you have to protect them. And you rank Bation better than Sanaki as well.

Laura and Micaiah have staves (so does Bastian), so it's far, far easier to protect them, since they don't necessarily have to even be near the enemies to do anything.

Well, Micaiah doesn't have staves in part 1 (though she has sacrifice, which is kinda like staves, so w/e), but it's a different scenario anyway. Her potshots are far better, relative to Sanaki's. In part 1, almost no one 1RKOs, so Micaiah's potshots taking off 50%+ of an enemy's HP is far more noticeable than Sanaki taking off 50%+ of an enemy's HP when we have more units capable of actually 1RKOing and/or godmoding everything. In fact, Micaiah OHKO's armors (the most annoying enemies to kill) and cavs.

...What?

Laura and Micaiah have staves (so does Bastian), so it's far, far easier to protect them, since they don't necessarily have to even be near the enemies to do anything.

Seige Tomes anyone? Although they have limited uses until halfway through the endgame, she makes pretty good use of them due to high magic.

Edited by Ardan

Seige Tomes anyone? Although they have limited uses until halfway through the endgame, she makes pretty good use of them due to high magic.

Yes. Extremely limited. Until 4-E-3, they amount to little, if anything at all.

There are more uses of siege tomes than people think, and it's only necessary to save one use of them to be blessed. There are at least two Meteors, two Blizzards, and a Purge that are easily availible before Endgame. Sanaki's MAG makes her good for sniping with them.

There are more uses of siege tomes than people think, and it's only necessary to save one use of them to be blessed. There are at least two Meteors, two Blizzards, and a Purge that are easily availible before Endgame. Sanaki's MAG makes her good for sniping with them.

Better than most. And to double dragons she just needs to stand next to Ena and have some levels. Purge is 16 wt. She starts with 23 speed and 2+5 str when next to Ena. 14 speed. A level 4 Sanaki next to Ena can double dragons with purge (has ~16 speed at this point). Around 40 mt with magic, reds will take 36 to 40 damage. Half their hit points. Lots of units can finish them off now. If you gave dragonfoe to someone that isn't Elincia or a Marksman, they can finish the red without even taking a counter. Ilyana with rexbolt can likely take it down without a counter. Even when she isn't doubling, Meteor has 8 mt, so she's pulling 41 mt at base, and it just goes up with levels.

(Does anyone remember if Sigrun is carrying Sanaki in 3-12? If it lasts long enough and she is carrying Sanaki, then she's likely getting a C for 4-3 with very little work in 4-P. That's an extra 1 mt. Then in 4-E she needs a support, but by this point she should be able to get a C with someone.)

So in most chapters she's doing 41 or more mt with meteor taking off half of everything's hitpoints. And no, smash, everyone is not ORKOing. You have units from the DBs still behind in levels, Aran who almost gets doubled, Skrimir only ORKOing the things that have 22 speed or less, Naesala borderline on generals and fearing the crossbow guy. Sanaki with a ranged tome or even wind can help with the crossbow guy. She'll have 23 speed at base with wind, and can use elwind if the guy has 24 speed instead of 25 (HM stats say 23.5, so it shouldn't be an issue). That should be enough for Naesala to avoid a counter. In 4-3, Skrimir doubles bishops, that's it. Sanaki lets him kill stuff. Enemy speed is such that Haar is likely not doubling, Jill may not be if she wasn't given an early crown (like, if we wanted her to actually have good str/def for endgame). Micaiah isn't doubling, so having Sanaki hit something and Micaiah finish it off works.

The only reason to deny Sanaki the value of her chip damage is forgetting that HM is not NM. Besides, with enemy densities and paladin rushes, Sanaki using a ranged tome to prevent someone from getting countered on player phase is a good thing too. Even a unit that ORKOs appreciates Sanaki's support. There aren't exactly an overflow of ranged tomes, but we have enough that Sanaki benefits. Plus, she has a 39 point combination of hp/def and 23 base speed. Wind doesn't get her spd reduced, or you could make a forged fire tome with -1 wt. Or just give her a normal forged fire and she has 22 speed. Even in 4-3 there are plenty of enemies with less than 39 mt for their attack and less than 27 speed. If she even gets a level or two in 4-P she can likely wield a normal wt forged fire and still have 23 speed. Heck, her magic is so high at this point that wind alone is usually enough to get another unit a KO or prevent a unit from eating a counter.

Her chip damage is far superior to Leo's or Ed's or even Ilyana's in part 1. It's more accurate, does more damage (>half hp rather than like quarter hp that Ed or Leo sometimes do. Generally no counters.) Plus, she is 2RKOd just like they were, and it is likely easier most of the time to keep her from being attacked. If it wasn't for the small possibility of Ed and Leo and (higher possibility of) Ilyana eventually doing more than just chipping, I'd say Sanaki is worthy of a 3.5 like they are. So maybe a 2.5 or a 3.

But since I think I might be on your ignore list, I guess it doesn't matter.

She definitely isn't - Sigrun carrying Sanaki

I thought I remembered Sanaki being carried by something, but maybe it was just a random falcon knight carrying her and it flew away before the chapter started. So Sanaki will have issues getting a support for 4-3, oh well.

No, Sanaki stays in the carriage, the pegasus that flew away was sent to get General Ike.

There's a carriage? Wow, I don't pay attention. I don't know just what I thought was next to Sigrun, but oh well.

• 2 weeks later...