ITT I rank the characters

• Replies 342
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, it's not overly constant and putting him into attack range isn't easy with Canto helping him out. There's also Laguz Stones to help keep in transformed status and grassing should only happen once in a while.

9.5 is probably more concrete, but I can't really say 10 is a huge stretch (then again there is the .5 difference).

Whether Reyson deserves a 9.5 or 10 is up to opinion, since dancers in general are very hard to rank. I personally think he's not around long enough when compared to Haar and Ike to deserve a 10. I also generally feel that the dancers should always be lower than the absolute best units.

• 2 months later...

Okay, I'd like to say that Serenesforest as a whole is underrating Volke.

1. He has the third highest base DEF of any Beorc, and the same as Ena and Naesala. And with 45% growth, he can actually cap it.

2. Only knife user to cap STR that isn't garbage? cool. Too bad his weapons are terrible. Why knives don't get an innate stat bonus is beyond me.

3. Your point about him having a lack of reliable 2-range is null when you mention he has overkill SPD and LCK. 90 AVO is just insane. And that is only taking raw stats into account- no biorhythms, supports, or even terrain. That is awesome.

4. Volke has Dark affinity. Dark is a pretty cool guy; it has 2.5 AVo bonus and eh doesn't afraid of anything.

If we're only judging him by relation to other units (Which is retarded, unless you're judging how each individual unit performs on a team.) and his lack of a good 2-range, then the 5.5 could at LEAST be a 6.

Volke's problem is that his availability is limited to mainly 4-E, where he's competing with the likes of royals, double bow Shinon, trueblades, etc.. And Volke doesn't stand out. He's only alright.

You say he has a high base def? Yeah, except the units you've been training before part 4 aren't at their base level. Using realistic levels, people like Neph and Titania and Mia and Boyd will be matching his durability, before any supports which they're far, far more likely to have than Volke. And then when you compare him to the likes of royals, Shinon, Gatrie, Ike, Haar, Zihark, etc... His durability is nothing special. Probably even slightly below average.

Knives being terrible gimps his otherwise good str/spd/crit to only about average offense. Well, maybe a bit above.

What does avoid have to do with 2-range offense?

Both his offense and defense hover around average. 5.5 = average. That's why Volke got a 5.5

Why do you hate the world so much that you would mention Aran in a topic that both Int and smash have posted in.

He doesn't know about smash's innate love for Aran and Int's innate hate for smash.

Aran seriously doesn't get enough credit, though.

So... uh...

can you explain the 2 point gap (or 1.5) between Aran and Boyd?

It's actually 2.5. And I think the rest of us have just about given up on Smash fixing that one. It's not as if Smash's opinion on that really affects anything, though, so it's not really a problem.

This is HARD MODE. There is no BEXP, and Aran can't even promote by 1-E without babying. The idea that Aran has the same effect on efficient completion as Mia makes my spleen explode every time I look at the OP.

Normal Mode, Aran is a cool dude.

Why do you hate the world so much that you would mention Aran in a topic that both Int and smash have posted in.

He doesn't know about smash's innate love for Aran and Int's innate hate for smash.

I don't think that there's a forsaken enough rock for him to live under for that to be true.

Edited by Paperblade

This is America, Paperblade.

I'm just curious.

(And yes I know about Int / smash thing. I've only seen it 1293048103245280752349057234085872345 times).

This is HARD MODE. There is no BEXP, and Aran can't even promote by 1-E without babying. The idea that Aran has the same effect on efficient completion as Mia makes my spleen explode every time I look at the OP.

Normal Mode, Aran is a cool dude.

1. Err, nearly EVERYONE in the DB not promoted requires some sort of babying to be promoted by 1-E. Micaiah doesn't really count because she auto-promotes. Aran just lets us get better results since he isn't SUCKING in comparison to most of the DB. Actually, I'd like to review quickly first.

Micaiah: Miccy needs a wall. Sothe is cool for earlygame, then he starts to suck epic dick. Aran will always remain as a nice wall, and Sothe is already looting the chests.

Edward: He tanks with his pants off. And then gets OHKO'd.

Leonardo: Read Edward, except without tanking and with bows.

Nolan: Eh hits things, has a base 9 DEF/base 12 STR, and doesn't afraid of anything. Too bad that DEF is lower than Aran's.

Laura: lolmagic- Well, she's actually going to get use in Part 1 since she's your only healer, not counting Micaiah's Sacrifice. Aran thinks healing is

teh sex since he's a very dependable wall.

Sothe: He's your Jeigan, dood. That and he starts sucking after Part 1. Aran really doesn't.

Illyana: lolmagic

Meg: lolmeg

Volug: wtfVolug and his roflstomping offense.

Tauroneo: He's a pretty cool guy... if he actually existed.

Jill: She requires less babying than anyone else in the DB that needs it. Except she's outclassed x100 by Haar. Aran doesn't really have anyone outclassing him except for Nephenee.

Zihark: He'll out-offense Aran and just might out-tank him too.

Fiona: Need I say more than lolfiona?

Tormod: See Taur.

Muarim: See Tormod.

Vika: See Muarim.

Nailah: lolroyal

Rafiel: lolheron

Black Knight: GODDAMN REALLY? He beats everyone in this game. If he was usable in every chapter ever in every FE ever, he'd solo everything in any game ever if those enemies were at max stats. ECLIPSE RUUUUULLEEEEEZ

-----------

So in review, Aran is only surpassed on the babyometer by: Jill and Micaiah. One being severely outclassed while one is a Lord. Aran is damn useful if you DO baby him (Since you won't really be babying anyone else other than the above two.) and will contribute to the team despite his SPD problems, but then again, he's a WALL: he is good at what he does. The above people, in relation, either are better than him since they are Laguz or just have things going for them in the long run or they suck. A LOOOOOT of characters up there suck in the long run except for Micaiah, Volug, Nolan, Zihark, Jill, Nailah, and BK. Although Micaiah and Jill are only average, Nolan doesn't wall as well as Aran, and Nailah/Volug are broken anyway.

2. Mia is good for efficiency since she is actually useful, like Aran. Aran Vs. Neph is like Zihark Vs. Mia.

In complete unrelation, this could also be like Danved Vs. Edward.

1. Err, nearly EVERYONE in the DB not promoted requires some sort of babying to be promoted by 1-E.

And that's why the DB is a piece of shit in Hard Mode. Aran has good company, so what? That doesn't make him an 8.0, it makes him mediocre.

Actually, I'd like to review quickly first.

To hell with your review. Zihark, Nolan, T, sometimes Jill, the LEA, Nailah, and the BK are enough to stomp everything that the game throws at the DB. That means that Aran is not terribly useful for game completion.

Jill: She requires less babying than anyone else in the DB that needs it. Except she's outclassed x100 by Haar. Aran doesn't really have anyone outclassing him except for Nephenee.

Someone needs to learn how these kinds of topics work.