Saul or Clarine?

Which healer do you think I should use?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Who?

• Clarine
    • Saul
    • Both

I'm playing this game and I don't know which healer to use; Clarine or Saul. I've used both before and I liked both. I liked Clarine a bit more but I'd like to have a Light Magic user and someone who can use Aurola. I'm leading to use both of them.

Edited by luigi bros

You'll have to arena abuse Saul. I assume you'll be playing Normal mode so no, it isn't bad to use both.

I'm arena abusing a lot of characters so Clarine will hit level 20 fast. I'll use Saul after that. This is Normal Mode.

Mounted healers kick huge amounts of ass unless you're in a desert, although Physic sort of eliminates the need to move as far. Same with Holy Maiden, but if you're not getting an S in staves that's unnecessary.

Clarine's just better than Saul in general, although I seem to recall that Saul is slightly more durable...

I'd say go with Clarine cause she has better movement which is always a good thing even though she has low defense her speed and luck growth might help her dodge attacks and make her live longer, the only problem with Clarine is her pretty low magic. Saul's problem is his movement so sometimes he may not be in range to heal a person and his low luck+the one rng in this game might result him in getting critted and killed, his support option is not too bad its just that he supports people that you would not want to use most of the time, but if you want to use both that's fine too.

Saul is a pretty cool guy, eh gets critical'd by random pplz and doesn't afraid of anything.

Jokes aside, though, I'd go with Clarine. She has a mount, better supports and has amazing SPD and LUK, allowing her to dodge almost everything and thus making a good physical durability almost unnecessary. Her MAG isn't that great, but there's always Mend staves for that matter. Also, she gets the better magic type upon promotion.

Saul isn't bad either, but his LUK is horrible, meaning he won't dodge very reliably, and he might even get critical'd if you're unlucky (and expose him to enemies). Additionally, light magic is bad in this game.

So I'd give Clarine priority, but since you can generally use a large bunch of people in FE6, there's nothing wrong with using both.

Clarine. Reasons already stated.

Saul has terrible luck getting prone to critted easily, bad dodge, but good defense. Better give him a Goddess Icon if your going to use him. Though, I prefer using Ellen. Sure bad Def, but having good dodge to make up for it!

Clarine. Saul's luck is TERRIBLE. And his support list isn't very good either. I'll stick with Ellen for my Bishop, thank you very much.

Saul's avo is better than Ellen's btw. More spd. And the other thing that helps is him not getting 1shotted by every fighter and their mother.

Using all three healers is the best most of the time since you'll really need it to stay alive.

Edited by A2ZOMG

Saul's avo is better than Ellen's btw. More spd. And the other thing that helps is him not getting 1shotted by every fighter and their mother.

Using all three healers is the best most of the time since you'll really need it to stay alive.

All three? I'm not planning on Ellen. I've already got both Saul and Clarine to level 20. I'm using both.

• 12 years later...