worst character

Oujay

IMO, Rolf isn't that bad if your're willing to BEXP him to lv10. I think The worst character in the game is Lucia, with Bastian in a close second.

Lucia wants Rolf's bonus experience too. If you're going to play the BEXP card, that could go for anybody. And you just gave Rolf 10 levels. >_> What a waste, I'd rather give those points to my healers.

Edited by Eltoshen

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I don't want to argue for or against Rolf, I don't think that's a fair thing to say. You can level Rolf at a time where a bow wielder is highly desirable. While I do agree healers can use it more to get to second tier, I certainly feel Rolf is more deserving of BEXP than a horrible swordmaster when at that point you have at least two better options.

Me? I've long abandoned Rolf in my playthroughs.

Edited by Rhelm

IMO, Rolf isn't that bad if your're willing to BEXP him to lv10. I think The worst character in the game is Lucia, with Bastian in a close second.

Lucia wants Rolf's bonus experience too. If you're going to play the BEXP card, that could go for anybody. And you just gave Rolf 10 levels. >_> What a waste, I'd rather give those points to my healers.

It is a waste on Rolf, but IMO, the fact that he becomes a good unit with that BEXP keeps him from being the worst character in the game.

It is a waste on Rolf, but IMO, the fact that he becomes a good unit with that BEXP keeps him from being the worst character in the game.

He isn't the worst character. If we're talking about plain stats here, that award goes to Lucia or Bastian. However, Valkyries are just far more useful than a Sniper could ever be...

He isn't the worst character. If we're talking about plain stats here, that award goes to Lucia or Bastian. However, Valkyries are just far more useful than a Sniper could ever be...

That was my entire point. Rolf isn't the game's worst character. He beats at least Lucia and Bastian. And I'm not sure why you brought up the subject of Valkyries, but yes, they are more useful than Snipers.

Someone said Sothe > that alot of units in this game. That made me lol pretty good.

Theres really not alot wrong with Rolf overall. Its just people dont like training him, plain and simple.

I really think (besides Sothe) Bastian is the worst. UGH! Also Ilyana has some of the worst speed issues ive encountered.

That was my entire point. Rolf isn't the game's worst character. He beats at least Lucia and Bastian. And I'm not sure why you brought up the subject of Valkyries, but yes, they are more useful than Snipers.

You gave BEXP to Rolf. I'd rather give that to Mist. Simple, why I mentioned it.

Someone said Sothe > that alot of units in this game. That made me lol pretty good.

Stealing stuff is > than a fair number of units in this game.

Its no good if he needs constant hand holding to do so. Volke can just go and steal shit. Sothe? Not so much. Sothe doesnt have Shade so yeah, things are gonna look at him and hes gonna die. Id rather have someone who can survive if hes even looked at. Volke >>> Sothe

(plus not being able to promote is gay. sorry.)

Volke > Sothe, obviously, but look at Sothe's speed - 11 with a 65% growth at level 1. Granted, he's dealing 7 attack worth of damage at first, so it'll need to be either a mage or a low defence enemy, or rely on bexp for a few levels. And then he has enough speed to steal most stuff (Psychic Bishops go up to about 12 AS, there's a 14 AS Sage with one though). Sothe is never going to perform a combat role, but he can steal extra items, help you open all the chests faster (and save a bit of money through the game :P), and find all the items in the desert. That's way more positive utility than someone like Rolf, who just builds up negative utility and doesn't really pay it back, or Lucia.

too bad that volke > sothe logic has carryed onto RD in some degree

But it's not as much as in PoR, since Sothe well, is a forced character on many maps and he looks much cooler than he did in FE9.

Volke's still the fireman though, so...XD

Edited by Eltoshen

I think Sothe should get more credit especially if you plan to play RD with PoR transfers and take the effort to get him to 20 since he has a decent chance at becoming an awesome RD unit via transfer. >_>

Edited by Joey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I don't think there are many bad characters in this game. you guys keep going on and on over rolf, but after using him, He was just as good as my other units once I got him there which really wasn't that hard. The worst character in my opinion is Mist, because she starts low like rolf, and doesn't have any means to level up quickly so she is stuck to BEXP, and even once she can use swords the damage is terrible.