The Return of Serious Discussion

Florete

As some of you may have noticed, the Serious Discussion forum is back as a subforum under General. The same rules apply here as last time: It's for serious, intelligent discussion, just as the title suggests. Absolutely NO spamming, and an infraction of the rules may be dealt with more harshly than usual.

With that said, enjoy being serious with each other.

I've begun to move some topics into it already. If you feel there are others that should go in, either PM a staff member or mention it here.

Thank you for treating your members like reasonable, intelligent people and not a bunch of mouth-breathing retards.*

* - Naturally, I realise the mouth-breathing retards are still here, but please see to them when they show instead of dumping a good forum.

Thank you for treating your members like reasonable, intelligent people and not a bunch of mouth-breathing retards.*

* - Naturally, I realise the mouth-breathing retards are still here, but please see to them when they show instead of dumping a good forum.

You're welcome. :P

I can see this sub forum being removed in the future

I ask that you keep your negative, smartass comments to yourself.

I ask that you keep your negative, smartass comments to yourself.

if its my opinion I should be able to tell you

Not if it contributes nothing to the conversation ;)

Commas exist for a reason. Capitalization is a plus, too.

Cool, it's open again. The most I'll do is read though, since I can't handle srs business. :newyears:

Edited by Eltoshen

Not if it contributes nothing to the conversation ;)

I kinda agree with him, though. Someone's going to get stupid, and instead of handling the problem children yourself or maybe putting a moratorium on certain types of topics (like religion), you're likely going to remove the forum, if only to keep the whining and bitching down.

So instead of clamping down on someone just because they didn't agree with you, why not prove to us that you're not going to do that again?

Edited by Superbus

I kinda agree with him, though. Someone's going to get stupid, and instead of handling the problem children yourself or maybe putting a moratorium on certain types of topics (like religion), you're likely going to remove the forum, if only to keep the whining and bitching down.

So instead of clamping down on someone just because they didn't agree with you, why not prove to us that you're not going to do that again?

There is no way to prove something in the future. I can give you my word, but that's about it.

Fuck Yes. I might not have the time or energy to keep up with shit like I did in high school, but this is still one of things I find the most interesting (mostly because I reeeeeaaaaallllyyyyy like arguing).