Upgrade to IPB 3

Jyosua

Due to the many advantages IPB3 has over IPB2, we decided to upgrade to it. However, we will need to make new skins, so for a little while we'll be stuck with this skin. It shouldn't take us too long. Also, the Ticket system has changed and is under the tab called "Tracker". I still need to configure that bit a little.

Oh by the way, I added a subforum for wifi in the Shadow Dragon forums.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Due to the many advantages IPB3 has over IPB2, we decided to upgrade to it. However, we will need to make new skins, so for a little while we'll be stuck with this skin. It shouldn't take us too long. Also, the Ticket system has changed and is under the tab called "Tracker". I still need to configure that bit a little.

Oh by the way, I added a subforum for wifi in the Shadow Dragon forums.

I expect some people to complain about the default, even though it's actually not too bad.

Don't get me started on Zetaboard's default skin. *Vomits*

Out of curiosity, will you attempt to retool the old skins to work with IPB 3.0.1? I don't care if they aren't retooled or replaced by new ones. I'm just curious is all.

Will postcount stay? I stand by the notion that whacking it has done a grand total of nothing.

No, that's not staying. I just have to get around to removing it. I'm looking for an easy option to, but I may need to just remove it from the skin entirely.

I noticed something else. There's a reputation point system now. Is that supposed to stay, or did that come with invision board package? Or was that here before and I just didn't notice? >_>

Couple of different things around the posts. I don't see a need to vote a post up or down like Youtube, but I like the "multiquote" option. This could be useful (it's always been there before, I know).

Haha. Looks like we can't vote on posts anymore. XD

Edited by Feffle

I noticed something else. There's a reputation point system now. Is that supposed to stay, or did that come with invision board package? Or was that here before and I just didn't notice? >_>

That was added by default in IPB3. I removed it now.

Lots of weird things around the posts if one looks at it. I don't see a need to vote a post up or down like Youtube does it, by I like the "multiquote" option.

Reputation system got swiped. It's not there anymore.

And it's not weird. Multiquote was there before. It just wasn't called multiquote.

It used to work by pressing the button and then going to Make New Post at the bottom of the page.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

There's still quite a bit to fix, but good job this time around, Jyo. I was expecting another half-day maintenance.

Well, I do know Zetaboard upgrades would take a little bit. It seemed seemless this time, go round. I'd expect that out of a service that costs money (Unlike Zetaboards).

There's still quite a bit to fix, but good job this time around, Jyo. I was expecting another half-day maintenance.

Clearly we're not done, but I wanted to get us back up ASAP, and make sure the forums were at least useable. If you guys see anything acting weird or not working right, might as well say so in this thread, rather than make a ticket since I haven't finished setting that up yet anyways.

I just noticed that you have to re-read everything to show that you've read it. Oh well.

I also just notice you can email print and download a topic.

Thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration and adding a wifi subforum!

Oh and one more thing. What is Warn Status next to my name and why is it only by my name?

Edit: One final thing. Why can't I post a new ticket and why do we still have a questions and suggestions board if it is now in tracker? Is this just not up and running yet or a bug?

Edited by Danny D

I just noticed that you have to re-read everything to show that you've read it. Oh well.

Oh and thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration and adding a wifi subforum.

Oh and one more thing. What is Warn Status next to my name and why is it only by my name?

Cool

That has always been there

Cool

That has always been there

I thought the level of active warns you had been given always popped up next to your posts on this forum.

Because I am selectively argumentative:

I stand by the notion that whacking it has done a grand total of nothing

The point (imo yo) isn't to serve a particular function, it's to take away something pointless that never did anything positive for anybody.

Edited by Rehab

Oh and thanks for taking my suggestion into consideration and adding a wifi subforum.

I can answer that:

1. You've always been able to Download and E-mail a topic. It was just in a different spot.

2. Warn status was always there. Mods can see everyone's though, but you can only see yours because...well...you're you. No need to see anyone else's unless you're able to change it anyway.

That's been here for a while. (Mark all forums as read and return to board index)

That's been here for a while.

Cool.

You can only see your own warn status.

Edit: One final thing. Why can't I post a new ticket and why do we still have a questions and suggestions board if it is now in tracker? Is this just not up and running yet or a bug?

Because I haven't gotten around to fixing that yet.

Enjoy your poorly-supported pay software.

No, seriously, Invision "support" isn't.

Actually, remember that topic and form postcount issue we were having where they kept getting reset? I contacted support about it, and they had the developers fix it. So, you're full of shit. :)