Upgrade to IPB 3

Jyosua

Removing the post count is kind of a filler move too.

The banner would look better IMO.

Can it already. Josh and the other staff made the decision and they're sticking to it. Leave it alone. It's not like your life is ending.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can it already. Josh and the other staff made the decision and they're sticking to it. Leave it alone. It's not like your life is ending.

Sorry, I worded that badly, I never meant "Let's keep the post count" as, like you said, it matters little.

I'd question this being a filler move anyway, it arguably has advantages (Looking better).

Sorry, I worded that badly, I never meant "Let's keep the post count" as, like you said, it matters little.

I'd question this being a filler move anyway, it arguably has advantages (Looking better).

Ah, nevermind then. Still, making banners and such would take more time than taking out a line of code or changing an option. There isn't a banner that wouldn't look disgusting on the new layout. *shrug* I can wait; I mean it's not a huge deal.

Depending on how the header section of this skin is coded, it wouldn't be that hard to create a banner.

aka, i'd volunteer if nobody wants to make one

Edited by Eltoshen

Depending on how the header section of this skin is coded, it wouldn't be that hard to create a banner.

aka, i'd volunteer if nobody wants to make one

It's not difficult but why not just focus on having a completed skin?

Why waste energy "correctly" making a banner for a skin that--presumably--won't even be available when the SF-themed skins are made available? Smarter just to make the skins people will actually be able to use and leave it at that.

Why waste energy "correctly" making a banner for a skin that--presumably--won't even be available when the SF-themed skins are made available?

It doesn't hurt at all in any way. Plus, what's the fuss if members volunteer?

It's a waste on a skin that's not likely to stay.

It is in my opinion that this skin will be here for awhile. Few people know how to skin IPB 3.0 considering its release was recent.

when searching through a pirated version, the structure seemed rather similar, but many new sections were added

Edited by Eltoshen

It doesn't hurt at all in any way. Plus, what's the fuss if members volunteer?

It doesn't hurt to keep it the way it is either and focus on skins we're actually going to use. Coding isn't THAT difficult.

Edited by Crystal Shards

Added a "View Display Name" button under where the member badges will be.

Two suggestions about it.

1. Add an alt/whatever parameter to it, so people can know what it is just by hovering the mouse over it (just like in the "PM this member" and "add as friend" buttons); if this has already been added... well, it isn't working in Opera, so it should be fixed.

2. Make it either pop up in a new window, or preferrably, as a dynamic window (like it's shown in the member profile, or how the mini-profile is shown when you click the user_popup.png icon).

Two suggestions about it.

1. Add an alt/whatever parameter to it, so people can know what it is just by hovering the mouse over it (just like in the "PM this member" and "add as friend" buttons); if this has already been added... well, it isn't working in Opera, so it should be fixed.

2. Make it either pop up in a new window, or preferrably, as a dynamic window (like it's shown in the member profile, or how the mini-profile is shown when you click the user_popup.png icon).

1. I fixed that.

2. You have no idea how difficult that is. I spent 3-4 hours last night trying to get that to work but couldn't. I'm going to need help getting the AJAX popups to work for that button.

Now that you mention it...

I went and found this:

<if test="dnameHistory:|:$this->memberData['g_mem_info'] && $this->settings['auth_allow_dnames']">
				<li id='dname_history'><a href='{parse url="app=members&module=profile&section=dname&id={$member['member_id']}" base="public"}' title='{$this->lang->words['view_dname_history']}'>{parse replacement="display_name"} {$this->lang->words['display_name_history']}</a></li>
			</if>

Can you do anything with that? I stole it from the profile page.

No, it doesn't work if you just copy and paste it to this page, and that's because AJAX requires Javascript to work, and the javascript functions making that template bit work are not included outside the profile pages. Now, someone might suggest "Why not just include it?" Because that just screws things up. Conflicts and all that jazz.

I'm really not stupid, trust me. I tried all the blatantly obvious things such as that last night.