The Serenes Forest Wall

Raven

I've been toying with this idea in my head for some time now... After seeing it successfully done on another forum I was a member of years ago, I think it can be done here, too.

What everyone basically does is create themselves a "brick". This brick is to be exactly 100 x 50 pixels in size, so that they can all fit seamlessly together.

This brick, it is your own personal brick, so you can do whatever you like within it's space. As long as it stays within the forum's rules regarding posting images, it's all good.

Last time I checked, there was no more than ten separate images allowed to be made in a single post, so this means I will create a new .png image every so often with the updated version of this wall of ours. EDIT: Oh, looks like you can have more than 10 now...

I want everyone who reads this thread to contribute a brick of their own, no matter what image program you use, or whatever your skill level may be with that program.

Just to clarify, here are the rules:

Size: Exactly 100 x 50 pixels

Format: Preferably .png

Stick to the forum's rules regarding image posting.

The Serenes Forest Wall

77f5ia49wvp3ftbse1.png

Brick count: 78

If everyone contributes something, I know it will be a pretty damn awesome display. I'll update it as often as I can. Let's get this thing building.

Any questions, just post them in the thread, I'll do my best to answer them.

Edited by V-Raven

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the submissions so far everyone, it's starting to build up already. Keep it up.

I don`t know how to make one..(I`m hopeless with image editing programs...)

It's not too hard. Maybe if you find an image you want, I could piece it together however you want it if you're really not that confident.

Okay then...I think I have something passable.But hwo do I make it into a PNG Image.Also,how can I post it on the site?(Yeah,I'm that much of a noob,lolz)

Haha, alright then, here goes:

When you have finished your brick, go to "Save As..." under File (as you do to save stuff). Then you will see "File name" and "Save as type" at the bottom of the box which appears. Click on the box next to "Save as type", and select "PNG (*.png)". Then save.

Then, you go to a website which uploads images to the internet. I personally use ImageShack. Using this, click on "Browse...", select your saved brick.png, then click on the orange box "Start upload".

Several links will appear. The one you want it the very top one with "direct link to image" next to it. Copy that link, post it here then wrap it with img and /img.

Any problems, just post here and ask.

Bananas will contribute:

8w0d3m.png

OH YEAH, I'M A PHOTOSHOP PRO.

By the way, are we allowed to change our bricks if we get tired of them?

Uhm, yeah I guess so... Although I do plan on making wallpapers out of them when there's enough bricks, so try to be decisive when making it. Change it sooner than later if you are going to change it at all.